MM7: CSSS party

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
dcinroc
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby dcinroc » 05 Oct 2007, 07:30

Editing your Druid to GM in all magics must have been fun; but did you also give your Druid Light & Dark Magic? Traveling around with three tombstones makes me feel odd, so I never solo in MM6 or MM7 games. I always play Light Path in MM7, so three tombstones just doesn't fit with my idea of playing Light. but that's just me.
Yeah, I allowed L/D Magic after the last promotion. Also allowed GM in Body Building, Disarm Trap, Learning, and the Identify skills.

It took a looooong time and lots of killing to get enough experience to GM in all those skills, but I had fun with it. ;)

At first it was a bit odd to carry around the tombstones...but after a while, you come to appreciate the extra carrying capacity. :devious:

Now I am doing another solo with a Lich. It's tougher...although you don't have to fear the dreaded Paralysis which was the bane of my solo Druid (game over when your last character gets paralyzed).

Oddly enough, I think soloing in MM8 can actually be EASIER than using a party. Just take a Troll or Knight with a few wands and some potions. You will rack up so much experience that by mid-game you'll be able to whack anything to death in record time and your own hit points will be through the roof...though I found the Cyclopses to be toughest cuz their attacks have a high chance of causing paralysis.

The most challenging solos I had in MM games were an undoctored Lich in MM8 and Ranger in MM7.

Return to “Might and Magic”