MM Remake (new) demo

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

MM Remake (new) demo

Unread postby Avonu » 05 Sep 2007, 06:50

From Castle Gobs:
Hootnik wrote:Here is the site of our project http://www.mightnmagic.glt.pl/. In download demo section you can download new demo of M&M Remake. You can do many things in this version (for example attack and fight with necromancers or go to windmill or save your game). Monsters are weak (only 10 hitpoints and 1-4 damage) but we can edit it if you want smile.gif. There are some bugs like some areas where items you throw from inventory disapeared but it will be fix soon.

Now I will tell you the main adventage of this demo: you can change paperdolls and items or sprites (just edit *.png or *.bmp files). We need your help. It would be great if someone of you will make lizardman paperdoll and women's paperdolls by editing because we want to add them into game ;]. If you wil make item or paperdoll or even sprite just send it to us. (we have problem with masking animated sprites - monsers are masking with black color - I now that is not a good thing :/)
If your art work will be good we will include it and it will appear in next demo.

BTW. Enter turn on or turn of turn combat system smile.gif. Windmill is connected with necromancers dungeon (for now without secret doors)

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 05 Sep 2007, 06:55

A remake of which Might and Magic game? The provided link contains no information about the project.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 05 Sep 2007, 07:09

Read all topic (link above under "Castle Gobs")) if you want futher information. ;)
It isn't remake of particular game from MM series but rather new game based on MM6-8.

asterix15
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby asterix15 » 05 Sep 2007, 14:52

Here are 2 screenshots :)
Excellent game.. keep on the good work :proud:

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 06 Sep 2007, 01:16

The screenshots look great, I hope you have more success than previous fan projects and can overcome real world commitments and finish the game. :D
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

accabear
Scout
Scout

Unread postby accabear » 06 Sep 2007, 11:31

Hmmm... yeah alot of fan mods and projects die out pretty quick. Let's hope this one doesn't. The pictures look pretty awesome, I hope you keep at it and all, perhaps regular updates concerning this project in this forum would help boost public support and awareness?

Talin_Trollbane
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Talin_Trollbane » 14 Sep 2007, 22:49

interesting, reminds me of that tech demo i tried a few years ago, the one from Castle Gobs :)

hope it succeeds, not going down the drain like the others.... :disagree:
Ultima, Elder Scrolls and Might and Magic Veteran.

jeffh
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby jeffh » 17 Sep 2007, 02:56

This shows great promise. Can't wait to see more of it!

I'd also be willing to rewrite some dialogue for you. I'm sure you don't need me to tell you it needs some help in that regard. But it looks awesome and you seem to be pretty solid on the technological end of it - the stuff I couldn't possibly do.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 17 Sep 2007, 10:59

Downloading @ school right now!
With a suberb downloadspeed of 5.42 kbs :disagree: , i can't wait to play the demo. The screenshots looks nice, hope you people make this one complete!
Ill let you know what i think after i've played the demo!

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 17 Sep 2007, 15:52

jeffh wrote:I'd also be willing to rewrite some dialogue for you. I'm sure you don't need me to tell you it needs some help in that regard. But it looks awesome and you seem to be pretty solid on the technological end of it - the stuff I couldn't possibly do.
If you want to help, go to http://www.mightnmagic.glt.pl/ and contact team (e-mail is in news section).
But don't worry some texts were change - they now sounds more like English texts than Nival's texts. :devil:

BTW - I only spreads news. I don't have nothing with this project.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 18 Sep 2007, 07:18

After looking around and getting out of town, i saw a new city :D . The doors didn't do anything but f*ck it :P.
Project is looking good so far, but i only want to see a dungeon or something that is worked out all the way.

The screen:

EDIT: Look at the stairs on te right, they lead to nothing, not to the house or anything. Just so you know!

matgaw
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby matgaw » 13 Oct 2008, 10:08

Developers released a demo video from the actual engine.

The playable demo is near completion.

The video can be watched at YouTube, via link from www.mightnmagic.glt.pl

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 13 Oct 2008, 10:56

Well, the new demo looks like the MM9 engine, or at least pretty similar. I hope it's the only comparison with MM9 and that this is going to be a better game. Best of luck MMR team :)!
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby koval321 » 17 Oct 2008, 06:00

I have the same feelings: MM9 engine (everything surrounded by mountains) BTW i have problem with lost textures on geforce (mm9, severance, avp2 and other games) anybody known how solve this problem?

matgaw
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby matgaw » 17 Oct 2008, 10:08

Well, mountains in this map are part of the demo plot - you'll find out more when it's released. It's some kind of after-volcano map.

The MMR (actually, MMTNO now) is created from the best parts of MM6-MM8 and we have no intention to reproduce MM9 things. Maybe also the 3d monsters create such an illusion of the MM9 engine (creation of 2d monsters isn't anyhow easier, it also consumes dozens of RAM).

In full game there'll be maps such as in MM7 - different from each other, large terrains, etc. The current terrain may or may not be in the full game.

Please stay tuned, the demo release will be soon :)

Return to “Might and Magic”