Geography of Enroth

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Geography of Enroth

Unread postby Avonu » 10 Aug 2007, 11:11

I have some questions:

1. Which town in MM6 is named Edenbrook (where Roland fight battle with Kreegan and won)? Near Kriegspire or in Paradise Valley?
If not there (PV) then anyone knows how this town in Paradise Valley is named?

2. Lords in H1 have their own castles on Enroth - in which regions of continent (compared to MM6) they build their castles?
Lord Ironfist location is obvious but what about Slayer, Lamanda or Alamar?
Here are maps from H1 with each lord's castle: Castle Slayer, Castle Lamanda, Castle Alamar.

3. Anyone knows where land from CoMM (Ardon) can be located?

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 10 Aug 2007, 11:15

I'm pretty sure the town in Paradise Valley is Edenbrook, but I have no idea about the answers to your other two questions.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 14 Aug 2007, 06:48

Thanks

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 14 Aug 2007, 08:39

I think the geography of Enroth was kinda improvised from one game to another... For instance I remember in Heroes 2 there was a multiplayer map called "Enroth", supposedly "the world where Heroes 2 takes place" but it didn't look like the map of MM6 ^^'

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 14 Aug 2007, 09:10

This map?

Ok, it's called Enroth and isn't too much familiar with Enroth form MM6 - but in H2 campaign you have also map of continent (I added only names):

Doesn't it look (more or less) like map from MM6?

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 14 Aug 2007, 09:25

Indeed. So the "artwork" between games is coherent, but I think the actual mapmaking in the Heroes series is not meant to be "geographically accurate".

lordskeleton
Pixie
Pixie
Location: Sweden (You know, polar bears, close to switzerland)

Unread postby lordskeleton » 24 Aug 2007, 16:51

The map can also be found as a H2 scenario called skirmish (I think)
"Every enemy I've met I've annihilated!"
"Ehm.. Oh yeah?... well... eh... You fight like a cow!"

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 24 Aug 2007, 19:03

Marzhin wrote:Indeed. So the "artwork" between games is coherent, but I think the actual mapmaking in the Heroes series is not meant to be "geographically accurate".
I'll say. *grumbles inaudibly about Steadwick*

Secret_Holder
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Secret_Holder » 26 Aug 2007, 19:37

I would dare to guess that Castle Alamar is the same castle as Castle Alamos in MM6 (isn't also possible to encounter Warlocks there)
Castle Lamanda may be the same castle as Albert Newton resides in, in MM6 (as sorceresses and wizards are in Mist. Teleports are also located in Mist in MM6)
But as to Castle Slayer you're guess is as good as mine...

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 26 Aug 2007, 20:00

Secret_Holder wrote:But as to Castle Slayer you're guess is as good as mine...
Destroyed during Succession Wars maybe? Didn't Archibald attack the Barbs at one point?

Secret_Holder
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Secret_Holder » 27 Aug 2007, 22:15

I don't really remember the HoMM2 campaign that well, but that may be the case, as there is no mention of barbarians (IIRC) in MM6.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 27 Aug 2007, 23:59

Secret_Holder wrote:I don't really remember the HoMM2 campaign that well, but that may be the case, as there is no mention of barbarians (IIRC) in MM6.
I always wondered about that too … why weren't there any Barbarians in MM6 or MM7? Though there were Goblins in MM7 & Cyclopes, Ogres & Trolls in MM8.
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 28 Aug 2007, 02:24

HodgePodge wrote:
Secret_Holder wrote:I don't really remember the HoMM2 campaign that well, but that may be the case, as there is no mention of barbarians (IIRC) in MM6.
I always wondered about that too … why weren't there any Barbarians in MM6 or MM7? Though there were Goblins in MM7 & Cyclopes, Ogres & Trolls in MM8.
In MM7 we never get to go to Krewlod. That's probably the biggest factor there. As for MM6, good question. Maybe they got scattered and/or slaughtered to the point where they just kind of died out or were assimilated, or maybe they got bored what with Enroth being unified and did what Crag Hack did—migrate to Antagarich.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 28 Aug 2007, 03:47

Kareeah Indaga wrote:
HodgePodge wrote:
In MM7 we never get to go to Krewlod. That's probably the biggest factor there. As for MM6, good question. Maybe they got scattered and/or slaughtered to the point where they just kind of died out or were assimilated, or maybe they got bored what with Enroth being unified and did what Crag Hack did—migrate to Antagarich.
In the MM7 world, although it doesn't show up on the map, maybe Krewlod is in the same plane of existence as Vori. ;|

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 28 Aug 2007, 05:16

HodgePodge wrote: I always wondered about that too … why weren't there any Barbarians in MM6 or MM7? Though there were Goblins in MM7 & Cyclopes, Ogres & Trolls in MM8.
MM6 had goblins and ogres (New Sorpigal, Bootleg Bay) and rocs, trolls and behemoths in MM7...

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 28 Aug 2007, 06:10

Kareeah Indaga wrote:Maybe they got scattered and/or slaughtered to the point where they just kind of died out or were assimilated, or maybe they got bored what with Enroth being unified and did what Crag Hack did—migrate to Antagarich.
Or maybe because adventures didn't travel to far north of Enroth, where is barbarian's land. IIRC White Cap is norhten city of kingdom but on H2 Enroth (campaign) map we can see there are some land north of this city.
But it is strange taht both H1 and H2 barbarians city have plain theme not snow theme. Hmm... maybe Morglin and Archibald Ironfist conquered barbarians in winter?

About lords castles I think they was located that:
1. Castle Lamanda - Silver Cove - this is land of druids in MM6. And about forest labirynth - well next to Silver Helms was area (with stones) where someone wish to build new city but failured. Maybe someone cut forest to do more space for new city?
2. Castle Slayer - North from White Cap (not in lands from MM6)
3. Castle Alamar - Kriegspire? It was warlocks castle during Succession Wars where Agar experimented with minotaurs. Or maybe Darkmoor? In Mire of the Damned there is "maze" hunting by ghost - similar place like in H1.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 28 Aug 2007, 16:19

Pitsu wrote:
HodgePodge wrote:I always wondered about that too … why weren't there any Barbarians in MM6 or MM7? Though there were Goblins in MM7 & Cyclopes, Ogres & Trolls in MM8.
MM6 had goblins and ogres (New Sorpigal, Bootleg Bay) and rocs, trolls and behemoths in MM7...
Ah of course, how could I forget the Goblins in New Sorpigal? In my first game, the ground was littered with the corpses of many goblins because I couldn't figure out how to 'loot' the bodies and clean up the area … until my elbow accidently hit the space bar. :-D

I knew there were more 'Barbarian' aligned creatures in MM7 but I just couldn't remember all of them at the time I posted.
  • Goblins: in Harmondale & Deyja
    Rocs & Thunderbirds: in Nighon
    Trolls: in Tatalia
    Behemoths: in The Breeding Zone & Tunnel to Eofol

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 28 Aug 2007, 20:06

HodgePodge wrote:Rocs & Thunderbirds: in Nighon
And a few in Celeste.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 28 Aug 2007, 20:20

Kareeah Indaga wrote:
HodgePodge wrote:Rocs & Thunderbirds: in Nighon
And a few in Celeste.
I just came from the Obelisk in Celeste when I remembered that I forgot to mention the rockies there. :-D

Swordmaster
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Swordmaster » 28 Aug 2007, 20:43

HodgePodge wrote: Ah of course, how could I forget the Goblins in New Sorpigal? In my first game, the ground was littered with the corpses of many goblins because I couldn't figure out how to 'loot' the bodies and clean up the area … until my elbow accidently hit the space bar. :-D
Hahaha, precisely the same thing happened to me in my first game! I remember it was not only goblins, because I hit and killed a peasant by accident, and when all the others came to attack me, I (stupid as I was) killed them all, right there in the middle of the town, haha! So it was a real massacre, bodies everywhere. I thought it was supposed to be that way! :-D

Return to “Might and Magic”