Might and Magic 6 bug

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Might and Magic 6 bug

Unread postby darknessfood » 05 Jul 2007, 12:13

Hi guys, first of all, i'm new to the forum and i like to say HI!! :D

But now my issue, when i play MM6 and go into a house, the game freeses and XP give me a dumbass sound <pong>. When i minimalize the MM6 screen it says "could not load anims\thfpirat.smk.
What the hell is this, cause MM6 is my fafourite MM game.

Any solutions would be welcome :)

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 05 Jul 2007, 12:18

I've only come to greet you. Welcome to the boards. :-D

Now, someone, help him. :D
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 05 Jul 2007, 12:27

Panda Tar wrote:I've only come to greet you. Welcome to the boards. :-D

Now, someone, help him. :D
Hahaha, well i looked around and introduced myself in the campfire topic :). But thanks :)

DaveO
Demon
Demon

Unread postby DaveO » 05 Jul 2007, 12:36

Sounds like a Smacker error that plays the videos. One thing to try is to download Mok's MM6 patch to see if that helps. If that does not work, try compatability mode and make it set to Windows 2000.

I have a link to all of the Mok patches at http://members.cox.net/dave.caspermeyer/
I'd rather be part bull than a complete sheep.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 05 Jul 2007, 12:41

DaveO wrote:Sounds like a Smacker error that plays the videos. One thing to try is to download Mok's MM6 patch to see if that helps. If that does not work, try compatability mode and make it set to Windows 2000.

I have a link to all of the Mok patches at http://members.cox.net/dave.caspermeyer/
I've tried the windows 2000 compatibility but stil the same error, the mok patch doesn't fix the deal either :(

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 05 Jul 2007, 19:38

You can always try to reinstall game - sometimes some files don't copy prope.
I don't know if it would work but you can always can try.

One more thing - IIRC I have similar errors with MM6 1.0 - after instaling newest official patch (was on CD with game - it 's mm610-12) I haven't more similar errors.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 05 Jul 2007, 20:05

After getting Mok's Patch, you may (most probably) still have trouble with the sound, especially when entering certain shops, castles and/or dungeons.

There are two ways to fix this problem.
  • First go to your Start and click Run, then type in dxdiag. Click on the Sound tab and in the Direct X Features, move the lever all the way to the left. (No acceleration)

The above may not correct all instances. So while you are playing the game, hit the Esc key to bring up the Main Menu. Click Controls … then move the lever on the Sound Volume to the off position (left). Be sure you turn off Sound Volume, not Char. Voice Volume.
Good Luck & Have Fun! :-D
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 05 Jul 2007, 22:56

HodgePodge wrote:After getting Mok's Patch, you may (most probably) still have trouble with the sound, especially when entering certain shops, castles and/or dungeons.

There are two ways to fix this problem.
  • First go to your Start and click Run, then type in dxdiag. Click on the Sound tab and in the Direct X Features, move the lever all the way to the left. (No acceleration)

The above may not correct all instances. So while you are playing the game, hit the Esc key to bring up the Main Menu. Click Controls … then move the lever on the Sound Volume to the off position (left). Be sure you turn off Sound Volume, not Char. Voice Volume.
Good Luck & Have Fun! :-D
Well, it's not the sound that is anoying, but the fact that the sound let's you know that there is an error ;). First there was a sound bug but the MOK patch solved that problem :D

DaveO
Demon
Demon

Unread postby DaveO » 06 Jul 2007, 03:49

Does that reply mean the game is working, or if you are still having the same issue? If you are having the same error, I wonder if there are any Smacker tools around to fix it.
I'd rather be part bull than a complete sheep.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 06 Jul 2007, 04:05

When I was having crash issues I went in and deleted new.lod from the folder. I don't know why but it worked.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 06 Jul 2007, 14:06

NICE, i've got the solution.

I've uninstaled the game from my compter and installed it again, but this time i did not instal the extra graphics folder. Afterwards i used the MOK patch and now it works like a train, in one and a half hour i was level 8 :P.

Thanks guys for helping out :)

masterpoobaa
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby masterpoobaa » 09 Jul 2007, 02:13

You go SLAY those evil Goblins! :)
M&M VI - the best.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 09 Jul 2007, 19:37

masterpoobaa wrote:You go SLAY those evil Goblins! :)
Done doing that. I just need to find that gay nicolai and deliver 3 quests :), ijust love the game :D

Return to “Might and Magic”