Which is best? MM6 or MM7?

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 12 Jul 2007, 20:17

Gaidal Cain wrote:Any quest item for a nonfinished quest that isn't in your inventory (most notably, this includes the tome of divine intervention...)
That's what I thought. As I'm writing some content for MM7, I was just trying to remember that before trying anything like losing a quest item. :D

Thanks, guys.

New question:
Which are the most difficult units to kill in MM6?
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Apeman
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Apeman » 13 Jul 2007, 08:03

Well pretty much nothing can survive a point blank master shrapmetal but the Terminater unit can eradicate you party surprisingly fast so I'd have to give it to them.

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 13 Jul 2007, 16:03

Yup. Nothing, NOTHING comes even remotely close to MM6's Terminator units in deadliness in both MM6 and MM7.

They can one-hit-eradicate, and unlike in MM7, there is no spell to prevent that.

It's true that nothing can withstand a high level master point blank shrapmetal in MM6, but in MM7, some enemies are immune to Dark magic: Necros, Liches, Moon priests, many undead, etc, and most importantly, ROBERT THE WISE (immune to both Light and dark). I had a heavy magic oriented party last game and I insisted on killing him from a distance, so I had to resort to my 2 Liches' Incinerate (the strongest direct damage spell you can use on him).

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 13 Jul 2007, 20:00

Panda Tar wrote:
Gaidal Cain wrote:Any quest item for a nonfinished quest that isn't in your inventory (most notably, this includes the tome of divine intervention...)
That's what I thought. As I'm writing some content for MM7, I was just trying to remember that before trying anything like losing a quest item. :D

Thanks, guys.

New question:
Which are the most difficult units to kill in MM6?
Q is the most anoying creature :devil:

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 13 Jul 2007, 20:21

Bytheway: i dunno if i may do this but anywayz. I made a fraps movie and added some music for testing. Might and Magic 6 was the tested game. Check and opinions please, LINK!!

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 14 Jul 2007, 12:09

Yeah, forgot about Q...
could he eradicate, too?

Talin_Trollbane
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Talin_Trollbane » 14 Jul 2007, 15:09

Q is the most anoying creature
not if you use his AI and get him stick on those candles on the wall, in the right angle he cant hit you but you can hit him :D

i didi it twice whan i was playing MM6
Ultima, Elder Scrolls and Might and Magic Veteran.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 14 Jul 2007, 15:41

Talin_Trollbane wrote:
Q is the most anoying creature
not if you use his AI and get him stick on those candles on the wall, in the right angle he cant hit you but you can hit him :D

i didi it twice whan i was playing MM6
Indeed, he's not that hard. But he has LOADS of HP...

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 15 Jul 2007, 15:39

I always fight Q because of that nice little artifact item he gives you. My strategy is to get as close to him as possible and DO NOT fight him in turn-base mode. When you are really up close and personal, his Eradicate Spell isn't very effective. It almost never hits and after about five minutes (real time) he goes down.
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 15 Jul 2007, 16:30

Who is Q? I didn't finish clearing the control center is he in there?

Yes terminator's are the toughest, but I also had trouble with the supreme titans.

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 15 Jul 2007, 17:27

PhoenixReborn wrote:Who is Q? I didn't finish clearing the control center is he in there?
I don't remember exactly where to find him, but I guarantee that he's definitely NOT at the control center.
PhoenixReborn wrote:Yes terminator's are the toughest, but I also had trouble with the supreme titans.
Titans can be "showered".
Terminators can't.
End of discussion :)

Talin_Trollbane
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Talin_Trollbane » 15 Jul 2007, 19:17

if i remember correctly he's in a secret room in the temple thats in the middle of the Lake in Blackshire (if you go west from Freehaven and enter the next map follow the road abit and then go south and you should see a lake with a white temple on a island)

cant remember the name though.... Naga Temple? Snake Temple?
Ultima, Elder Scrolls and Might and Magic Veteran.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 15 Jul 2007, 20:18

Temple of the Snake

Apeman
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Apeman » 15 Jul 2007, 21:47

It's the temple with the big bad gold dragon in it, which you cannot kill with that handy Starburst :D

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 16 Jul 2007, 03:15

Apeman wrote:It's the temple with the big bad gold dragon in it, which you cannot kill with that handy Starburst :D
Oh that one. I managed to kill the gold dragon. But are you saying that is Q? I do remember the snake temple. I didn't risk it until I had stone to flesh spell.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 16 Jul 2007, 03:41

PhoenixReborn wrote:
Apeman wrote:It's the temple with the big bad gold dragon in it, which you cannot kill with that handy Starburst :D
Oh that one. I managed to kill the gold dragon. But are you saying that is Q? I do remember the snake temple. I didn't risk it until I had stone to flesh spell.
Spoilish Below!

No, the Gold Dragon isn't Q. Q is a big fat peasant with about 25,000 hit points and the ability to cast the Eradicate Spell. He is hidden behind a secret door in the room in the lower level that leads to the big room with all the Medusae and where Emanuel is caged. (Emanuel is the husband of a resident of Blackshire and she gives you the quest to rescue her husband.)

There are also two treasure chests in the secret room with Q. One contains high level spell books (Town Portal, Lloyds Beacon, and others) and the other chest contains a lot of really cool wands.

After you defeat Q and loot his body, you get an Artifact called the Horn of Ros which will tell you all the Stats, Skills, Resistances, etc. of any enemy when you right click on them. While you only get about 5 experience points for defeating Q, he is dangerous, but it is very worthwhile because you get the Horn & all the other goodies he's guarding.
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 16 Jul 2007, 03:49

I never could get to him. I always got stuck on that stupid teleporter pad.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 16 Jul 2007, 05:50

They're like my children(no I don't actually have kids), I love them both. I had some real fun after playing around with the data files.
Simmons: I think you’re asking me if these computers store all the data on Red and Blue armies?
Sarge: Control Alt Bingo.

Apeman
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Apeman » 16 Jul 2007, 17:14

The horn of Ros only showed hitpoints right, not the rest of the monsters statistics.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 16 Jul 2007, 21:59

HodgePodge wrote: Spoilish Below!

No, the Gold Dragon isn't Q. Q is a big fat peasant with about 25,000 hit points and the ability to cast the Eradicate Spell. He is hidden behind a secret door in the room in the lower level that leads to the big room with all the Medusae and where Emanuel is caged. (Emanuel is the husband of a resident of Blackshire and she gives you the quest to rescue her husband.)

There are also two treasure chests in the secret room with Q. One contains high level spell books (Town Portal, Lloyds Beacon, and others) and the other chest contains a lot of really cool wands.

After you defeat Q and loot his body, you get an Artifact called the Horn of Ros which will tell you all the Stats, Skills, Resistances, etc. of any enemy when you right click on them. While you only get about 5 experience points for defeating Q, he is dangerous, but it is very worthwhile because you get the Horn & all the other goodies he's guarding.
In all the times I played MM6, I never found him. I'm going to have to reload it and play it again just to meet up with this peasant.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Return to “Might and Magic”