SOLKRIST MIGHT & MAGIC 8

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Tempus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

SOLKRIST MIGHT & MAGIC 8

Unread postby Tempus » 23 Jan 2006, 08:43

Hi i'm searching for the sword solkrist in might and magic 8 day of the destroyer . Someone can tell me where is this sword ? thanks

Lomedae
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Lomedae » 23 Jan 2006, 10:36

Hi there, this weapon does not ring a bell for me, it has been some time since I finished MMVIII the last time though.
I have been unable to find this item in any of the online guides as well, how do you know this sword exist?

FantoMaxJM
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby FantoMaxJM » 23 Jan 2006, 11:41

...One chance could be trying to get it from Unicorn´s Cave among the rest of the random relics/artifacts. It´s many years since the last time I´ve played MM8, so I can´t say for sure, but this is defenately the right place to search for the answer (and hopefully you´ll get it from someone wiser than me). ;)

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 23 Jan 2006, 16:51

If it can be found (I don't think it can though, it seems to be just a bit of backstory), it's a random spawn. The Dragon Cave(s) would then be your best bet (I think this is what Joni meant. There aren't any Unicorn Caves AFAIK).
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

FantoMaxJM
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby FantoMaxJM » 23 Jan 2006, 18:42

Gaidal Cain wrote:I think this is what Joni meant. There aren't any Unicorn Caves AFAIK).
...Jep, sorry for being indistinct. :stop: SPOILER-ALERT: Actually I meant the Vault of Time (referring to the Unicorn King, didn´t remember the name of the place at first). But the dragon caves goes likewise as you suggested. ;) One sword could be found at pirates outpost, but if I remember correct, this one was called the "......."? I hope I didn´t make more confusement by this.. :|
EDIT: The sword is "Teranius", I whiped the earlier suggestion to avoid false information. I think the time has come for me to play the game again, because I´ve forgotten so much that the experience will be almost the same as playing it for the first time.
Last edited by FantoMaxJM on 23 Jan 2006, 18:53, edited 1 time in total.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 23 Jan 2006, 18:50

You're thinking of Terminus (sp?) The snake sword is found among the Dragon Hunters.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

FantoMaxJM
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby FantoMaxJM » 23 Jan 2006, 18:58

Gaidal Cain: You are obviously 3 minutes faster writer (or you have secretly discovered supra-conducter-faster-than-thought-speed-netconnections there in Sweden)! ;)

Tempus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Tempus » 24 Jan 2006, 13:38

sorry but it isn't Terminus or snake i've already found them , last saturday evening my friends tell me that solkryst is in a hidden place and you can arrive to this place , taking two object in a exactly sequences , he had read this on a game magazine , but he had lost this book :(
boh i've searched that sword for 4 years but nothing......i've found the secret stone in the ironsand desert , the tree in ravenshore , the wall behind the keep , the crate in the keep of orcs in ravage roaming but no solkryst , thanks to all for the help , if someone is in difficult in might and magic 8 or might and magic 6 call me , and if someone catch other news on solkryst :D

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 24 Jan 2006, 17:17

Are you sure your friend isn't playing a joke on you? He might also have heard a false rumor...? I've never even seen such a sword before, not even heard of it. It didn't show up in the item list of the character editor either, even though it has every item in the game. :|

Suleman
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Suleman » 25 Jan 2006, 13:08

Solkrist does not exist game-wise, unless it's another name for the 'Snake'-sword. Believe me, I've played the game through 5 times.

OFF_TOPIC: Jeez, just how many finnish people are on these boards now? Just some months ago I thought I was the only one.
"Yes, but what about David Beckham and the magic mushroom?"

I'm baaaaaack!

Tempus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Tempus » 25 Jan 2006, 17:25

ok but exist a editor for might and magic 8 for create object or similar ? an editor that look like at the might and magic 6 editor ?

WolframH
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby WolframH » 18 Nov 2006, 13:58

Such sword is described in Bone History conversation that you can find from Shadowspire, Tantilion's house (the one with Bone of Doom Quest).

Wheter such sword exist in the actual game is unknown to me BUT the game does hint that it does exist since Tanatilion says: Solkrist disappeared forever in the mayhem, as did the arm of Zacharia..". And you do find that Arm of Zacharia aka Bone of Doom in the game so why not Solkrist?

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 21 Nov 2006, 04:18

I have never run across a Solkrist sword. If you want some really, really great swords, I'd find Elsenrail & Glomenthal … the swords of Light & Dark.

Elsenrail is a randomly found Artifact, I have found it in various places, most notably in the Castle of Air in the Plane of Air.

I can't quite remember where Glomenthal is found but I think it's either from the Obelisk quest or the Arcomage quest.

Anyhow, they're both really great swords.
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

millionmilesaway
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby millionmilesaway » 21 Nov 2006, 06:56

HodgePodge wrote:I have never run across a Solkrist sword. If you want some really, really great swords, I'd find Elsenrail & Glomenthal … the swords of Light & Dark.

Elsenrail is a randomly found Artifact, I have found it in various places, most notably in the Castle of Air in the Plane of Air.

I can't quite remember where Glomenthal is found but I think it's either from the Obelisk quest or the Arcomage quest.

Anyhow, they're both really great swords.
You'll wanna complete the Arcomage quest to get the sword of Dark.

Return to “Might and Magic”