M and M 7, how did you get through the game?

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).

how did u complete M and M 7, was it by:

using invisibilty
8%
using might
12%
using magic
19%
kinda everything
46%
might and magic but not invisibility
15%

Total votes: 26

CoffeeGnome
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby CoffeeGnome » 24 Oct 2007, 23:01

Personally I like a combination of dark and fire magic but I prefer invilibility on the 1st rogue quest because of the close-quarters of the fight.

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 24 Oct 2007, 23:30

No enemies are immune to physical damage late game. The only ones I can name are: all Ooze creatures, and the strongest kind of Gargoyle, and those only appear early on.

Additionally, no enemy in the entire game is immune to both Fire AND Air (except Medusa but she's immune to all magic). If one doesn't work, you're guaranteed the other will.

jeffh
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby jeffh » 25 Oct 2007, 04:22

The one time I finished it, I mainly just beat the crap out of everything. I only cast Invisibility once and had no characters capable of using any Grandmaster level magic. Nearly all my spellcasting was supplied by one Druid. Behemoths were not that big a deal by the end; only Blood Titans or being massively outnumbered by high-end creatures gave me pause. (No GM-level Protection from Magic). And I think I stayed firmly on the good side of the border between "sound tactics" and "cheating/exploits" (e.g. no Mephistos). The game just isn't hard enough for the cheesier strategies to tempt me.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 25 Oct 2007, 12:40

Well, kinda everything. For a promotion quest you need to steal a bow from the titan stronhold, you can't do that without invisibility. For the rest, shooting, casting some magic and slap the sh*t out of beasts with my weapons. So like i said, kinda everything...

Secret_Holder
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Secret_Holder » 25 Oct 2007, 15:39

Voted kinda everything as you must have skullcrushing skills, while invisibility is very essential :D

dcinroc
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby dcinroc » 01 Nov 2007, 18:59

I voted "kinda everything"...but after thinking about it, I should have voted "Might."

Most of the magic I use is LM buffing spells and adventure spells (fly, invisibility, torch), with the odd area affect spell thrown in. When I do use magic to get kills, it's almost always Sparks (imo, the best spell in the game on damage/mana basis).

The exception is when I play Darkside (which is rare) since they don't get the mega-buff spells and get nasty attack spells.

Return to “Might and Magic”