M and M 7, how did you get through the game?

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).

how did u complete M and M 7, was it by:

using invisibilty
8%
using might
12%
using magic
19%
kinda everything
46%
might and magic but not invisibility
15%

Total votes: 26

JMK
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

M and M 7, how did you get through the game?

Unread postby JMK » 14 May 2007, 17:40

I personally like using a combo of dark and air magic (implosion!), and a very high level invisibility.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 14 May 2007, 18:18

Voted: Kinda Everything

That is I use every available tool to win … but I only play the Light Path.
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

JMK
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby JMK » 14 May 2007, 19:21

WHY!!!!!!!!! :scared:

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 14 May 2007, 21:34

JMK wrote:WHY!!!!!!!!! :scared:
Why? Because I just can't seem to have fun if I allow the "bad guys" to win. For me, being a hero (or heroine) means being noble, having honor, defending the oppressed & protecting the innocent. Playing the Light Path satisfies both my real-life & fantasy world selves; whereas if I played the Dark Path, even though it's only a game, it would somehow diminish my own self worth and spirit. So I say "may the LIGHT, LIGHT, LIGHT shine on you, me & everyone forevermore"!

JMK
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby JMK » 14 May 2007, 21:38

WHAT! so u never even bothered, even though theres a almost whole story line left to play! U so crazy :disagree:

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 14 May 2007, 21:40

JMK wrote:WHAT! so u never even bothered, even though theres a almost whole story line left to play! U so crazy :disagree:
Well, it's my decision and my choice as to how I want to enjoy playing the game!

JMK
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby JMK » 15 May 2007, 16:10

so u haven't had the fun of erradicating all the behmoths under the breeding zone!

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 15 May 2007, 19:20

JMK wrote:so u haven't had the fun of erradicating all the behmoths under the breeding zone!
Sure I have, many times. Even on the Light Path you can go to the lower level of the Breeding Zone and battle all the Behemoths and leave the Zone through the back door.

The only thing in the Dark Path which may be cooler than the Light Path is the Baby Dragon NPC you can get by completing the Warlock Promotion Quest. However, I got the Dragon Egg and saved my game before choosing a path; then I went to Nighon and got the Baby Dragon just to see what he looked like and what advantage he gave my party.

The Baby Dragon only benefits Druids or Warlocks in your party; I almost never use a Druid so even though the Baby Dragon is really cute, his presence wouldn't do my party much good.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 15 May 2007, 19:33

HodgePodge wrote:The only thing in the Dark Path which may be cooler than the Light Path is the Baby Dragon NPC you can get by completing the Warlock Promotion Quest.
That, and the cool Dark Magic spells. Shrapmetal works wonders on almost everything.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

JMK
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby JMK » 15 May 2007, 19:57

but when u do light side breeding zone, u don't explore some of it, and the parts u don't, are the hardest,for example at the end (not the start bit!) u r on a bridge and u have to kill motherloads of behamoth, like 20! :devil: tis fun!

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 15 May 2007, 21:03

JMK wrote:but when u do light side breeding zone, u don't explore some of it, and the parts u don't, are the hardest,for example at the end (not the start bit!) u r on a bridge and u have to kill motherloads of behamoth, like 20! :devil: tis fun!
Completing the Light Path Breeding Zone Quest (find the Book of Divine Intervention) doesn't prevent you from exploring all the rest of the Zone. Thus, most every time I went to get the Book, I also went on the bridge and to the lower level where the hordes of Behemoths are just waiting for you. :-D

JMK
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby JMK » 16 May 2007, 16:26

are Touché :)

Larec
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Larec » 18 May 2007, 07:37

JMK wrote:WHAT! so u never even bothered, even though theres a almost whole story line left to play! U so crazy :disagree:
I can't be evil in RPGs either. I've tried. Many times. I even joined a PvP guild in Ultima Online once to try and "train" myself, but I'm too much of a wuss behind the monitor. I am too much of a softy, and when playing RPGs, I like to play the part of the Paladin, the Peasant Liberator, the freedom fighter, the sacrificing hero.

Part of that might be due to my very first RPG being Ultima 4. So, go figure.

As for how I'm playing M&M7 (This is my first time, having beat M&M6 last week) I'm going 75% might, 25% magic. (AKA: mostly might)

So far, it's working well. My level 15 party consists of a dual weilding Sword/dagger thief who is doing about 40-50 damage consistently, a goblin knight with a sword and shield (soon to be two swords) doing about 30-40, a cleric who does nothing but heal, and a sorc who does nothing but launch fireballs (Or insect storms, if the party is too close)

So I'm really playing it the way I did MM6. I still never really saw the supposed awesomeness of (M&M6's) shrapmetal. Sure, it is the most powerful direct damage spell, but my paladin, cleric and my knight in that game would hit anywhere from 90-110 every round, so comparing the 150/200 damage of a point blank shrap metal to a 300-320 damage output from the other 3 guys really sold me on the "might" path. Most of the damage against the last boss was done via melee. Heck, even my dual dagger using mage would do around 80, and rarely miss at that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoM5ifVaVNM

...and like my dwarf used to always say when I played him in nearly every D&D tabletop adventure I ever played:

"I dunna care much for no bath robe wearin' mage-lins!"

Well, it was funny in the 80s.

Apeman
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Apeman » 18 May 2007, 08:18

150/200 damage of a point blank shrap metal
That's not really fair I think as I fell dragons and titans with only one or two shots of shrapmetal depending on the skill level. My last solo sorcerer did at least over 1000 damage at least.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 18 May 2007, 13:35

Larec wrote:So far, it's working well. My level 15 party consists of a dual weilding Sword/dagger thief who is doing about 40-50 damage consistently, a goblin knight with a sword and shield (soon to be two swords) doing about 30-40, a cleric who does nothing but heal, and a sorc who does nothing but launch fireballs (Or insect storms, if the party is too close)

"I dunna care much for no bath robe wearin' mage-lins!"

Well, it was funny in the 80s.
:-D It's still kinda funny. Might works better in the beginning of the game; but you may find that as your Magic Users become more advanced, their skills will match and/or exceed Might. For instance, not to give anything away but later in the game, you'll be up against hordes of creatures which can't be harmed by might at all and you'll be happy enough to have your Archmage's spells then.

Even your promoted Cleric can have a pretty good offensive spell or two, such as Psychic Shock & Flying Fist. And who can do without Enslave later in the game? Or Prismatic Light for indoors & Sunray for outdoors (Light Path)? Also with Light Magic there is the ever useful Destroy Undead.

Anyhow, a well-placed Fireball, Lightning Bolt or Ice Bolt can do as much or more damage than any two swords.

Just my 2¢ :proud:

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 18 May 2007, 14:46

I almost always play a Paladin in RPGs so that makes it kind of tough to play the dark side. If only there was a Dark Paladin option.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Sir William S Titan
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Sir William S Titan » 18 May 2007, 15:01

kinda everything

Light, Dark. Visible, Invisible. Might, Magic.

I like it all. Mostly, at least. I hardly ever take a ranger.
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 500 character limit

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 18 May 2007, 21:22

That's understandable. Rangers absolutely suck.

Knights, Monks, and Thieves have a way to boost damage 2x with Armsmaster, Unarmed, and Dagger respectively

Paladin can Paralyze using a Mace ('nuff said) and cast Destroy Undead or Toxic Cloud (bot kick ass spells) and benefits from Plate armor damage reduction
Archer can do huge damage with bow (try a party with 3-4 archers to see how good this really is) and also cast Destroy Undead or Toxic Cloud and can GM chain armor for damage reduction

Clerics and Sorcerers can GM magic
Druids is a good versatile caster and GM alchemy, and can learn basic armsmaster (clerics and sorcs can't)

Ranger can... GM axe! Wow.
(what the hell does AC reduction it do anyway, after thousands of tests I never saw a visible advantage of GM axe over Master axe)

So, in my custom skill chart, I allow Rangers to Expert then Master their magic skills, after the promotion.

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 18 May 2007, 21:36

I think it’s a bit strange for Rangers to get GM Axe just on principle. I mean, one of the most obvious symbols of deforestation is GM’d by a guardian of nature? Odd.

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 22 May 2007, 13:49

Oh, I don't know -- Light Magic gives you an extremely good Haste+Bless+Heroism combo -- if you've leveled your Knights and Thieves correctly you'll be doing insane damage.
For instance, not to give anything away but later in the game, you'll be up against hordes of creatures which can't be harmed by might at all and you'll be happy enough to have your Archmage's spells then.
Actually, I thought it was the reverse -- the magic immune enemies are later in the game.

Oh, and I voted Might+Magic -- invisibility is for wimps. :)
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

Return to “Might and Magic”