Might & Magic X all but assured

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
JonahFalcon
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby JonahFalcon » 20 Jan 2006, 01:35

Marelt Ekiran wrote:Well, as of now, it's:

H1 (that's all you need, since there are no other versions)
Isn't it KB (King's Bounty)?

Vision
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Vision » 20 Jan 2006, 02:00

Kings Bounty was the precursor to Heroes 1, but was NOT Heroes 1.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 23 Jan 2006, 11:38

Angelspit wrote:
Mutare Drake wrote:then they'd probably have to drop the 5 in H5 for the same reason.
That's what I would have done if I had been the person in charge. The new name would have given them additional freedom in their design decision, since the game wouldn't have been a direct follow-up to the old series.

I would also confuse people, not really a good idea when trying to revive a series.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

starlady11
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby starlady11 » 27 Jan 2006, 00:35

angelspit i hate to disagree, but at least with "10" ,i'd know it runs the same type, would love to get the money back on the ones i've bought
"claiming they were good rpg's some didn't even have a save game
for g-ds sakes. :(

starlady11
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby starlady11 » 27 Jan 2006, 00:42

DaemianLucifer wrote:Then what would they think about MMXXX :devil:
"oh goody" :D

starlady11
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby starlady11 » 27 Jan 2006, 00:51

ThunderTitan wrote:
Angelspit wrote:
Mutare Drake wrote:then they'd probably have to drop the 5 in H5 for the same reason.
That's what I would have done if I had been the person in charge. The new name would have given them additional freedom in their design decision, since the game wouldn't have been a direct follow-up to the old series.

I would also confuse people, not really a good idea when trying to revive a series.
my daughter[who doesn't play rpgs very much says the same thing as i do"no it won't if they do it right"

starlady11
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby starlady11 » 27 Jan 2006, 17:15

Angelspit wrote:They should drop the numbers if they work on a new Might and Magic game, and use subtitles instead. Not a lot of people will want to play the tenth game of a series unless they know what happened before.
what do you mean know what happened before?, none of the games are alike ,thats what makes them neat.

TrevElvis
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby TrevElvis » 14 Mar 2006, 15:45

I hope if they make a MM 10 its like MM6,MM7 or MM8 as I think they tried to make it better with MM9 and failed so the gameplay of 6,7 or 8 was way better as have completed them over 50 times each and only completed 9 a few times as doesnt feel like Might and Magic. I have a question though, Is it worth getting Might & Magic 1 to 5 as havent really bothered before but 6, 7 and 8 are getting worn out and could be waiting a while for 10 ?????

starlady11
Peasant
Peasant

m&m 1-5

Unread postby starlady11 » 14 Mar 2006, 16:28

all of them are very good 2-5 are very good 4-5 are played together as worlds of xeen which makes all the better and they are iteractice 2 is REALLY
different but thats the one that hooked me. u can make up to at least 2p different chacters to use for various quests and still keep 6 main chacters, i think u will kove it like i did 3 is alp good. hope this helps. :D

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 14 Mar 2006, 16:38

MM4 and5 are definitely worth having, as they still hold up well despite their age. Besdies which the game is enormous because they combined together to form one large game (just install them both at the same time). MM3 is just a hair beneath 4 and 5. MM2 and MM1, while fantastic, are very dated (particularly 1 - it was too dated for me to enjoy when I tried to go back to it recently).
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

starlady11
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby starlady11 » 15 Mar 2006, 16:20

i haven't got to play 1 because i have a problem with the game
it won't let me load a team, not even one. :ill:

Return to “Might and Magic”