Plot of Dark Messiah and connection with Heroes V

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
JonahFalcon
Peasant
Peasant

Plot of Dark Messiah and connection with Heroes V

Unread postby JonahFalcon » 16 Jan 2006, 14:58

According to the Jan 2006 issue of Computer Games Magazine, Dark Messiah takes place just after the events of Heroes V.
You play Sareth, a young apprentice sent on a quest to recover a magical artifact that means the difference between a happy world filled with elves and pixies and an evil one crammed with lava-loving demons....fail in your quest, and the Dark Messiah (who will be familiar from a prophecy in Heroes V) will use it to open a gate to the demonic realm...

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 16 Jan 2006, 15:01

Yeah, that's been said before. It's kind of cool though. The only strategy-3d-action tie-in I can remeber is the Command and Conquer shooter (Renegade?). They probably didn't bother connecting the storylines though.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

JonahFalcon
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby JonahFalcon » 16 Jan 2006, 15:51

I can't wait for Starcraft: Ghost. :D

Echo_
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Echo_ » 16 Jan 2006, 18:06

Kinda cheesy but it works. I just hope it has (the story) enough depth for our Might and Magic RPG players. I know I'll enjoy it more if the story is well written and intertwined with combat features.
Be Without Haste
Live the Moment

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 16 Jan 2006, 18:42

Well almost 99% of the stories are like that:Succeed and the world will be safe once more,and youll have eternal glory and all the babes you want.Fail and the will become an ugly place.

Will ghost appear on PC?

JonahFalcon
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby JonahFalcon » 16 Jan 2006, 18:46

The point is that Dark Messiah takes place after the Heroes V campaign (and there's reference to the Dark Messiah in Heroes V, too.)

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 16 Jan 2006, 20:16

Well they are sharing the same world and the same timeline,so its just natural for them to perplex.Weve seen it in previous MM games as well,so its just natural to have that tradition now as well.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 16 Jan 2006, 20:24

They did say pretty early on that it would take place in the same universe, and it's quite natural for them to intertwine- even if we don't know whether it will be as much as earlier MM has done, or if it will only be as much as MM9 did. As for tradition, well that's something that UBI doesn't care all to much about, so if it wouldn't have made sense for other reasons as well, this could very well not have happened.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 16 Jan 2006, 20:45

Well tradition is whats milking money from old fans,so I think that ubi does care about it,even if not directly.

JonahFalcon
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby JonahFalcon » 16 Jan 2006, 20:52

DaemianLucifer wrote:Well tradition is whats milking money from old fans,so I think that ubi does care about it,even if not directly.
Except they're rebuilding the history from the ground up. Erathia, etc, will not be involved -- and if it is, it'll be "another universe long ago" sort of thing.

Return to “Might and Magic”