MM:VII direction keys problem

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
cultura82
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

MM:VII direction keys problem

Unread postby cultura82 » 22 Mar 2007, 10:48

Hello there!

This is my first thread \o/

I'm writing because I have a problem: when I move my party, party speed changes when I change my direction. For example if I move to north, they run properly, if south they slow down by 50% and If I move to east they walk really really slow (lol slow-motion) even if I have autorun/shift pressed :( This is very stange, I searched a lot but I have not found anyone with this problem and I really don't know what to do. It happens with MM VIII also! I tried all the patch, microsoft windows application compatibility toolkit but I have this damn problem that really annoy me because I can't enjoy both my favourite games :(

Please help me!

cultura82
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby cultura82 » 23 Mar 2007, 14:26

Ok guys, I understood the problem: too high FPS, I was around 300fps. I set vertical sync on, so now FPS are limited by my video refresh (85hz in my case) and my problem is drastically reduced. I can still see a small difference when I move north/south (faster) and when I move diagonally (north/est, north/ovest and so on) but now it is playable.

Return to “Might and Magic”