Getting to New Haven

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Maniac0918
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Getting to New Haven

Unread postby Maniac0918 » 09 Mar 2007, 20:10

Hey Everyone,

I know this is a totally weird and random question, but as a beginner in the game, how does one get to New Haven? I have beaten the game several times, but I was never sure if there was a basic way to get to New Haven, such as through a stable.

Whenever I got to it, it was generally through hiring a Gate Master or going to Bootleg Bay and walking to the edge of the map that I only discovered by accident leads to New Haven.

Is there any way to, say, activate the stable in Ironfist to get there?

Kristo
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Kristo » 09 Mar 2007, 20:57

You have to walk to Free Haven before you can use the stables to get there. IIRC, you can walk north out of Mire of the Damned to get there.

Secret_Holder
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Secret_Holder » 09 Mar 2007, 21:31

You have to walk to Free Haven before you can use the stables to get there
Is it possible to get to Free Haven via the stables in New Sorpigal and Castle Ironfist?
IIRC I've always walked or flown there. ;|

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 09 Mar 2007, 21:59

To be more precise, you have to visit a region with a Town Portal fountain first to activate the travel services. Since you can access any of the regions with Town Portal right from the beginning (you can't in none of the later M&M games), just hire a Gate Master, travel where you want, activating the stables and docks to the particular region. You can use the travel services immediately to any region that doesn't have a Town Portal fountain, with an exception of travel services to Hermit's Isle.

Usually I clear New Sorpigal, then using stables travel to Castle Ironfist, clear the region, then by foot move to Bootleg Bay, clear it and by foot - to Free Haven.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 15 Mar 2007, 15:14

You can walk to the north-west of Castle Ironfist to get there.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: Getting to New Haven

Unread postby HodgePodge » 16 Mar 2007, 04:09

Maniac0918 wrote:Hey Everyone,

I know this is a totally weird and random question, but as a beginner in the game, how does one get to New Haven? I have beaten the game several times, but I was never sure if there was a basic way to get to New Haven, such as through a stable.

Whenever I got to it, it was generally through hiring a Gate Master or going to Bootleg Bay and walking to the edge of the map that I only discovered by accident leads to New Haven.

Is there any way to, say, activate the stable in Ironfist to get there?
You gotta mean Free Haven, right? ;| You can get to Free Haven safely by taking a coach ride from Castle Ironfist on Tuesday or Saturday. Personally, I like the Gate Master method better. :-D

Edit: Oh, I forgot you have to go there once first before a coach will take you. :embarrased: Yeah, the Gate Master method gets my vote. :hoo:
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Return to “Might and Magic”