Delayed reaction in inventory screen

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Hobbun
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Delayed reaction in inventory screen

Unread postby Hobbun » 09 Mar 2007, 01:47

Everytime I pick something up in my inventory, there is a slight delay until the mouse pointer actually grabs a hold of it. It's only about a one second delay, but it is a bit annoying as when playing this game in the past, it has always been immediate.

It does not happen if I pick up something off the actual paper doll of my character. Only when picking up something up from my inventory. Has anyone else experienced this?

Hobbun
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Hobbun » 09 Mar 2007, 02:00

Well, figured out what was causing it. It was when I switched from Hardware Accelerated 3D to Software 3D. It works fine on Hardware Accelerated 3D.

However, I did notice white flashes a couple times and saw someone else had the same issue. What was suggested was switching to Software 3D and the problem went away.

I am concerned the "white flashes" will happen again if I stay on Hardware Accelerated 3D. It is a bit frustrating as it seems no matter which setting I go to, there is an issue of some kind. :(

Has anyone else had both of these problems and if so, were you able to remedy it to where both did not happen?

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 09 Mar 2007, 06:27

Hobbun wrote:… It is a bit frustrating as it seems no matter which setting I go to, there is an issue of some kind. :(

Has anyone else had both of these problems and if so, were you able to remedy it to where both did not happen?
That's the tragedy of foward progressing technology, it doesn't concern itself with how older software, which has gone before will perform. You have installed Mok's MM6 & MM7 Patches for Windows XP, right? ;|

Mok's MM6 Patch

Mok's MM7 Patch
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Hobbun
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Hobbun » 09 Mar 2007, 12:28

HodgePodge wrote:
Hobbun wrote:… It is a bit frustrating as it seems no matter which setting I go to, there is an issue of some kind. :(

That's the tragedy of foward progressing technology, it doesn't concern itself with how older software, which has gone before will perform. You have installed Mok's MM6 & MM7 Patches for Windows XP, right? ;|

Mok's MM6 Patch

Mok's MM7 Patch
I have installed it for FF VII, but not for VI. But right now it's VII I am having issues with. However, I plan installing Mok's patch for VI as well as it did make some fixes.

I guess the only thing I could do to assure being able to run these games (and in the future) is build a computer that is almost 10 years old. Can you even get new components that are that old anymore?

Suleman
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Suleman » 10 Mar 2007, 00:53

Hobbun wrote: I have installed it for FF VII, but not for VI. But right now it's VII I am having issues with. However, I plan installing Mok's patch for VI as well as it did make some fixes.
M&M, not FF, right?
"Yes, but what about David Beckham and the magic mushroom?"

I'm baaaaaack!

Hobbun
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Hobbun » 10 Mar 2007, 04:42

Suleman wrote:
Hobbun wrote: I have installed it for FF VII, but not for VI. But right now it's VII I am having issues with. However, I plan installing Mok's patch for VI as well as it did make some fixes.
M&M, not FF, right?
Hehe Yeah, I meant M&M. :)

Return to “Might and Magic”