Ancient Weapons

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Moomaster
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Ancient Weapons

Unread postby Moomaster » 07 Mar 2007, 18:33

Ugh... Personally after playing the Might and Magic games nothing ruined my play experience more than "Oh, by the way, we have laser guns!"

Sooo... Besides 6 and 7 are there any "decent" might and magic games that don't use Blasters by the endgame?

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: Ancient Weapons

Unread postby HodgePodge » 07 Mar 2007, 20:21

Moomaster wrote:Ugh... Personally after playing the Might and Magic games nothing ruined my play experience more than "Oh, by the way, we have laser guns!"

Sooo... Besides 6 and 7 are there any "decent" might and magic games that don't use Blasters by the endgame?
I agree, I really dislike those Blasters too. Fortunately, in MM6, you only need to use Blasters to destroy the Reactor Core in the Hive. After that, just switch back to your conventional weapons … they work much better anyway.

In MM7, the Blasters aren't required for anything at all, so I never even use them. By the way, I don't think there are any Blasters in MM8.
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 08 Mar 2007, 06:46

I missed the Blasters and whatnot in 8-9. : ( All we got was Escaton in MM8 and I’ve only heard of slight mentions in 9, which don’t believe I’ve ever run across myself. (‘Course, that I haven’t gone back to it since beating it probably doesn’t help on that count. :ashamed: Eheheh…)

Even when I don’t use them I like collecting them: Queen Catherine may have the most powerful country on the continent, and King Parson may have more years of life behind him then most of my party will ever see, but we have laser weapons and they don’t! :D Their entire treasuries can’t buy what we found lying around for free while adventuring. *sing-song voice* We get to travel the galaxy while they get killed in the Reckoning, neener neener neener… *cough*

BoardGuest808888
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby BoardGuest808888 » 08 Mar 2007, 08:26

No other except those two if I remember correctly.

But the blasters were OK. They can be deadly if you're trained, useful against dragons and titans.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 08 Mar 2007, 15:02

I never liked the blasters at the end of those games, if only because I didn't think they were that useful.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

alpha480v
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby alpha480v » 08 Mar 2007, 17:10

I never liked the blasters. By the time you got them, the weapons that my characters had were better then the blasters anyway.

Secret_Holder
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Secret_Holder » 08 Mar 2007, 22:18

I always found them useful for killing dragons and titans (atleast in MM6)
When I was able to weild blasters, i'd usually be master in all the other skills and have MANY skill points left (thanks t the well in Kriegspire) so they'd become quite powerful :D

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 09 Mar 2007, 07:46

alpha480v wrote:I never liked the blasters. By the time you got them, the weapons that my characters had were better then the blasters anyway.
Have you ever try cast Haste when you holding blaster? It work superb!
And even if my Knight can deal 200+ damage, blasters (especially rifles) are more powerful - go to Tunnels to Eeofol or The Pit with blasters - it is very pleasant and quick trip - not like entering with normal weapons with first time.
Moomaster wrote:Ugh... Personally after playing the Might and Magic games nothing ruined my play experience more than "Oh, by the way, we have laser guns!"
IIRC after entering beneth Isles of Terra (MM3) you can fire some torpedoes (by pulliing levers) ;) .

Secret_Holder
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Secret_Holder » 09 Mar 2007, 16:17

Have you ever try cast Haste when you holding blaster? It work superb!
Hehe... Man that's a lot of fun :devil:

Return to “Might and Magic”