No walking sounds for MM6 or MM7

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Hobbun
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

No walking sounds for MM6 or MM7

Unread postby Hobbun » 07 Mar 2007, 12:39

For some reason, I am not getting any walking sounds for either MM6 or MM7. And I do have the option turned on.

Just a little history, I was having issues starting up MM7. It installed fine, but I got Windows send/do not send error report when I tried to start up MM7. (MM6 starts up fine). However, I installed Mok's patch (for MM7) and it works fine now. Yet, when I walk, I hear no footsteps. Everything else is there, music, sound effects, people talking. Just the footsteps is silent.

I know it is something minor, but I have always been one who wants all things working correctly for their game, even one that is this old. I know it is a bit picky, but I would like to get it resolved if I can.

Has anyone else had this problem? And if so, what did you do to resolve it?

Thanks. :)

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 08 Mar 2007, 10:33

Yes, I also had it in MM6. Funny thing is that I don't recall anything similar before the last time I played MM6 and it was the first time I played with Mok's patch (played with 1.0 before). However, after I got the problem, I tried to play 1.0 and the problem was there too.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

JMK
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby JMK » 14 May 2007, 18:28

i know its sounds extreme, but i had dat on m and m 7, so i reinstalled and dat worked!

HeroesIIftw
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby HeroesIIftw » 06 Oct 2007, 07:03

I consistently have this problem in mm6, I can't hear myself moving. Once every 10-20 seconds I might hear a single footstep, but that's it.

Any way to fix it? :/

BMJedi
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby BMJedi » 07 Oct 2007, 19:52

I'm all too familiar with this frustrating problem, though I only have it in MM6 - in MM7 my walksounds work just fine.

What I've discovered with my particular computer, strangely, is that I get full walksound in MM6 spontaneously after leaving the computer on for
24 to 48 hours.

If I must restart or shut down/restart the computer for any reason, I lose my walksounds again, and nothing I do will bring them back for another 24 to 48 hours, when they will spontaneously return.

The walksounds come back either upon starting the program, or sometimes upon exiting a dungeon, or rarely, after hitting one of those rare pixels where you get a single walksound.

The walksounds that I do get only happen outside - never indoors.

It's really too bad, because since the music only plays occasionally, without the walksound feature the game can get oppresively silent, especially while travelling long distances outdoors.

Anyway, to those posting here: Try leaving your computer running overnight and through the next day (on the Windows desktop, with the MM6 program not started) - you might get your walksounds back, at least until the next time you have to reboot.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 07 Oct 2007, 21:09

BMJedi wrote:I'm all too familiar with this frustrating problem, though I only have it in MM6 - in MM7 my walksounds work just fine.

… Anyway, to those posting here: Try leaving your computer running overnight and through the next day (on the Windows desktop, with the MM6 program not started) - you might get your walksounds back, at least until the next time you have to reboot.
I too have the "no walksound" problem, especially in MM6 but leaving my computer on all night and/or for many days seems rather extreme as completing a game may take a month or more real time. It's unfortunate that Windows XP plays havoc with so many of the older software programs. :(
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Return to “Might and Magic”