MM6 Ancient weapons

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
millionmilesaway
Peasant
Peasant

MM6 Ancient weapons

Unread postby millionmilesaway » 20 Jan 2007, 16:34

I've cleared most of the difficult caves/hideouts: castle darkmoor, castle Alamos, castle kriegspire, and dragonrunners keep(?) and the castle in sweet water as well... However, I've done so without any progress and as I have all the memory crystals, it'd be great to try that ancient weapon out before ending the game. Enlightenment as to where it can be found would be greatly appreciated. :hail:

Almost forgot, where do I go if I wanna learn the ancient-weapon skill? The reason I'm asking is that one has bumped into some teachers from time to time teaching different masteries in the skill, but it never was really clear to me where and how to get it... ;|

Justice
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Justice » 20 Jan 2007, 17:39

I think you find it by following the main quest. The oracle teachs you the skill once you restore it.- I think. Jsut started replaying it, some years since alst time ;|

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 20 Jan 2007, 17:50

No no no no no…You need to put all four Memory Crystals on the pedestals at the ends of the halls with the Oracle, then go talk to him. That’s when you get the Command Cube quest. Get that and bring it back, then he should let you into the control center or whatever it’s called. Near the beginning of it there’s a plaque, read it and it will give you the Ancient Weapon skill.

Justice
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Justice » 20 Jan 2007, 18:10

So I was right B-) or almost ;| mayhaps I could play a bit... I'm sure my teachers will understand that MM VI is more important than my homework.

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 20 Jan 2007, 18:43

Of course they will. :D If they’re any good they’ll play it themselves. Maybe even give an extra credit MMVI question on your final… ;)

Justice
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Justice » 20 Jan 2007, 19:38

lol :D now that would be the perfet teacher :-D
I doubt that would happen thoug :( so I'll just have to take the 1 and half hour from my sleep... Luckily enough I can't find the master light magic teacher, so I stopped before it ended up with more than that ;|

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 20 Jan 2007, 21:34

On an island in Eel Infested Waters, behind the Inn IIRC.

Justice
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Justice » 20 Jan 2007, 23:57

randerson
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby randerson » 20 Dec 2009, 08:23

If you successfully read all obelisks, you'll be able to find the Captain's Treasure. Te obelisks
are in 15
different areas in Enroth and have numbers from1 to 15:
1. Sweet Water (near the big lake)
2. Paradise Valley (after the Temple of Baa)
3. Hermit's Isle (near the oasis)
4. Kriegspire (NE corner of map)
5. Blackshire (in the sands)
6. Dragonsand (near the shrine of the Gods)
7. White Cap (behind Castle Stromgard)
8. Free haven (south of the town)
9. Mire of the damned (south of Snergle's mines)
10. Silver Cove (North part of the map)
11. Bootleg Bay (near the Firelord dungeon)
12. Castle Ironfist (through the releporter)
13. Alamos (near the south shipyard)
14. Mist (through the teleporter on the far-most island)
15. New Sorpigal (in the volcano - you'll need Fly to get in there!)

i hope this can help you....

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 20 Dec 2009, 16:15

Kareeah Indaga wrote:No no no no no…You need to put all four Memory Crystals on the pedestals at the ends of the halls with the Oracle, then go talk to him. That’s when you get the Command Cube quest. Get that and bring it back, then he should let you into the control center or whatever it’s called. Near the beginning of it there’s a plaque, read it and it will give you the Ancient Weapon skill.
Yeah.. I think the quest log should be clear on this though? Anyway, there's also ancient weapons to be found in the control center as well as being able to learn the skill there. And you'll want to dump any skill points you've got left into that skill. Also, since you're apparently in the habit of skipping stuff, I'll just hint here to you that you should NOT end the game before you've freed a certain person. You'll know it when you get the quest.. just don't skip it or you'll blow up the planet lol. Oh yeah, and there's a hint in the game manual (the letters at the start) for how to solve that quest.
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

Jymbob
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Jymbob » 16 Feb 2010, 17:53

I'm surely not the only one who tried those ancient weapon stuff one time in both mm6 and mm7 and then never again.
They are great I know, and follows the history behind it all, but they also kinda ruin the end game for me, too overpowered (as they should be) and no way my knights who has spend their whole life masteren sword/spear who give up those weapons/skills for a tiny "gun"..

Sure Valla
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Sure Valla » 16 Feb 2010, 18:12

Jymbob wrote:I'm surely not the only one who tried those ancient weapon stuff one time in both mm6 and mm7 and then never again.
Nope definitely not!, viewtopic.php?t=9936

Mn
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Mn » 19 Feb 2010, 00:59

Kareeah Indaga wrote:On an island in Eel Infested Waters, behind the Inn IIRC.
Note - "Saintly" Reputation (1000+) needs for Light Mastery skill (with, as always, Expert level). It's nessesary to complele several main-story or promotions quests before... So - If You are only "angelic" - hire a Bard to be "saintly". And don't use any Dark spells (but Day of Protection) - those spells are "decreasing" to yours reputation.

Sure Valla
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Sure Valla » 19 Feb 2010, 10:24

And dont forget: You dont need a 7,8 or 10 light magic. Just a level 4 and of course expert light magic!

Same story to Dark Magic but with a Notorious reputation!

ronald1988
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ronald1988 » 10 Aug 2011, 10:07

Jymbob wrote:I'm surely not the only one who tried those ancient weapon stuff one time in both mm6 and mm7 and then never again.
Yeah you're right. I also tried those weapons and indeed satisfied for a moment until I was half way seeing those futuristic weapons of the end-game.
Me: Blah, blah, blah, blah…
Fenner: It could get worse...why dont you just be a good girl and put down your movie swords.
Me: Blah, blah, blah, blah…

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 11 Aug 2011, 14:59

Mn wrote:And don't use any Dark spells (but Day of Protection) - those spells are "decreasing" to yours reputation.
I don't remember such effect. Maybe there's some spell (Dark Containment?) that does lower rep. It should be easy to test them in my patch.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 11 Aug 2011, 22:51

GrayFace wrote:
Mn wrote:And don't use any Dark spells (but Day of Protection) - those spells are "decreasing" to yours reputation.
I don't remember such effect. Maybe there's some spell (Dark Containment?) that does lower rep. It should be easy to test them in my patch.
More likely he's just confused about Armageddon - which yeah, decreases your reputation if you murder a whole town. But so does any other way of murdering people.
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

Return to “Might and Magic”