Good team for MM7

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Deadguy118
Assassin
Assassin

Good team for MM7

Unread postby Deadguy118 » 20 Dec 2006, 04:33

Since almost every combanation of classes works for MM6 in one way or another (excluding ludicrous builds like KKKK) let's look at Beginning teams intermediate teams and advanced (also known as RU INSANE?) teams, i'll start first

Beginner Team: KTCS. As with MM6 the default team is probably the best for beginners
Pros: Balance between might, magic, and utility
Cons: Not as much pure power that some other teams have in the game

Intermediate teams:ATPR Good if you want a moderate challange
Pros: Good at physical fighting, still has enough magic and utility to survive
Cons: No high spells until a late level, No higher than basic light or dark

Advanced Team KMRT (K-mart!) looks do-able
Pros: Even more Physical power
Cons: Very little magic so you get killed more

Post your own!
Back from the dead? Maybe.

Aku
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Aku » 21 Dec 2006, 10:52

How about MACS?

Need some +disarm items at the beginning for the monk but otherwise nice and balanced party.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 21 Dec 2006, 19:30

For some reason I always end up with PACS but I want to replay with PRCS or ARCS. Somehow, I feel that my party needs a Cleric and a Sorcerer. Ranger is cool because he/she can learn all the Elemental Magics as well as the Self Magics; but can't get above Expert in any of the Magic Skills.

Stlll, I really like Rangers … even more than Druids, who can learn Elemental & Self Magics at Master Skill but are really weak in Combat & the only skills Druids can GM in is Meditation & Alchemy. ;| I almost never have a need for Alchemy.

Seems odd that
an Archmage can't
GM in Meditation.

:thinking:
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 22 Dec 2006, 20:23

Have to differ with that Druid comment -- Master Dagger is nothing to sneeze at.

For a truly difficult game (without repeating any classes), RAMP (light side).

No GM spells at all, meaning persistent vulnerability to Eradication.

You'll have some strong ranged attacks, but you'll definitely need them when you don't have buffs for a good portion of the game.
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

Deadguy118
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Deadguy118 » 23 Dec 2006, 05:56

Every Class in MM7 has something to justify it's use... except the ranger
Less fighting power than knights or monks, only GMs Axe and Identify monster.

Spellcasting ability is pitiful because they can only expert all magics, and that's when your lich/archmage is shooting out tons of incinerates and your preist of light/dark heals the entire party in one spell.

Even though they can literally learn every skill except for mace and plate (correct me if I'm wrong) they can't be very good in any of them due to the fact that you only have so many skill points
Back from the dead? Maybe.

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 23 Dec 2006, 06:18

Which may make them the overall best support character -- a Ranger can adapt to plug some holes in almost any party composition.

Axe+Dagger isn't a bad way to go.

There's also a chest in the Tularean Forest that's almost made for Rangers -- Resplendent Chain, a Minotaur's Axe, and a Black Potion of Might. This combined with the pathetically easy first promotion quest make the Ranger a competent addition to most any party.
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

Mightor Magic
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Mightor Magic » 24 Dec 2006, 00:24

Team I had most fun using was Goblin Druid, Human Thief, Dwarven Cleric and Elven Knight {Spell it out yourself}, with max and min stats. Druid started with no mana, Knight did no damage, Cleric couldn't hit anything and the Thief was just average.

Goblin Druids do not suck at combat by the way and they are much better than sorcerers in general with more hit points and because GM Elemental magic is kind of pointless and Light/Dark is better handled by the Cleric. Magic is easy to pick: Expert Mind, Earth and Spirit, Master Fire, Air, Body and sometimes Water.

Eleven Knights have a certain afinity for finesse combat. Good with a bow as if that matters.

Dwarven Cleric had a lot of hit points so that helped in the role of the Healer/combat spell. Needs a lot of Spirit magic in order to hit anything, tho.

Human thief? Harder than it sounds as Goblins and Elves are much better candidates but still easier than a Dwarven thief.

Return to “Might and Magic”