blood & honour - ranger skills?

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Tobsquire
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

blood & honour - ranger skills?

Unread postby Tobsquire » 18 Dec 2006, 20:03

Ive just started again on this & ive chosen a ranger in the team for the 1st time, (I want that gm axe!!) the problem is that it wont let me teach him any magic ;|

in the manual with that handy skills chart, it shows ranger as being able to learn all magics (except light/dark) to expert level..? is it possible that I'l be able to learn the skills once I get to harmondale, or do u think its a glitch & I should start again as im right at the start anyway??

thank you wise & wonderfull m&m gods :D

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: blood & honour - ranger skills?

Unread postby HodgePodge » 18 Dec 2006, 23:16

Tobsquire wrote:Ive just started again on this & ive chosen a ranger in the team for the 1st time, (I want that gm axe!!) the problem is that it wont let me teach him any magic ;|

in the manual with that handy skills chart, it shows ranger as being able to learn all magics (except light/dark) to expert level..? is it possible that I'l be able to learn the skills once I get to harmondale, or do u think its a glitch & I should start again as im right at the start anyway??

thank you wise & wonderfull m&m gods :D
Yes, your Ranger can learn magic but only after he/she completes the first Ranger Promotion Quest (to Hunter). Head over to Tularean Forest, look for Ebenezer Sower and he will give you the Quest. Then head for Avlee and find the Hall of the Fairy King. If you need a spoiler on how to complete the quest, just post again.
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Tobsquire
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Tobsquire » 19 Dec 2006, 08:19

no thats great thanks, but it does say in the manual, wierd huh :|
"insert something intelligent here"

AndyNZ
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby AndyNZ » 19 Feb 2008, 10:57

Tobsquire wrote:no thats great thanks, but it does say in the manual, wierd huh :|
Yes, it does say they can learn basic spells from the start in the manual.
I'm playing with a Ranger in my party and he's a "Hunter" now. He has quite a lot of spell points available to him but I don't want basic or expert level spells when I have Master level for my Cleric(Priest) and Sorcerer(Wizard).

Another bug in the manual is that it says an Archer can learn Expert Disarm Trap, but they can only learn Basic.

CoffeeGnome
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby CoffeeGnome » 19 Feb 2008, 20:30

They truly did not do that good of job of editing when they released "Blood and Honor" however they go show it accurately in the cluebook. There were quite a few editing errors in game manual for Heros of Might and Magic II, which was released just before "Blood and Honor" as well.
Coffee, coffee, coffee!

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 19 Feb 2008, 20:46

Heros of Might and Magic II, which was released just before "Blood and Honor"
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't there a three-year gap?

CoffeeGnome
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby CoffeeGnome » 19 Feb 2008, 20:51

Well I am no where near any of my manuals, let's see if you are willing to tell us.
Last edited by CoffeeGnome on 19 Feb 2008, 21:42, edited 1 time in total.
Coffee, coffee, coffee!

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 19 Feb 2008, 20:56

Heroes of Might and Magic II came out in 1996, MM7 in 1999. Hence the reason why MM6 is a storyline sequel to Heroes II, and MM7 to Heroes III.

Return to “Might and Magic”