Might & Magic "bible" for the new series

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
JonahFalcon
Peasant
Peasant

Might & Magic "bible" for the new series

Unread postby JonahFalcon » 06 Jan 2006, 13:52

In the current issue of Computer Games Magazine, there's now a new "bible" for M&M world that "all future worlds" will spring from, indicating that HOMM5 and Dark Messiah are only the tips of the iceberg in future M&M games.

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 06 Jan 2006, 13:58

That would be interesting to read. Have you had a chance?

JonahFalcon
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby JonahFalcon » 06 Jan 2006, 14:00

No. A "bible" is usually reserved for developers' eyes only, due to the massive spoilers.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 06 Jan 2006, 17:28

Well lots of the mythology and ancient eras of Ashan have already been covered by the official timeline and faction descriptions, so maybe this "bible" thing contains details about the plot in Heroes 5?
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

JonahFalcon
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby JonahFalcon » 06 Jan 2006, 18:01

It's more for future RPGs and FPS's set in the universe, though it'll apply to RTS's and TBS's.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 06 Jan 2006, 18:06

JonahFalcon wrote: RTS's
Has there ever been such a thing for in the Might&Magic universe? Not that I'm against, but I really never heard about anything else that TBS and RPG (H)M&M games.
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

JonahFalcon
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby JonahFalcon » 06 Jan 2006, 18:18

theLuckyDragon wrote:
JonahFalcon wrote: RTS's
Has there ever been such a thing for in the Might&Magic universe? Not that I'm against, but I really never heard about anything else that TBS and RPG (H)M&M games.
There's been some hinting at a complete M&M franchise, including RTS. They're already doing the second FPS game (I don't know why people think Dark Messiah is the first.)

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 07 Jan 2006, 08:16

JonahFalcon wrote: There's been some hinting at a complete M&M franchise, including RTS. They're already doing the second FPS game (I don't know why people think Dark Messiah is the first.)
Because UBIsoft's marketing department likes to put that it is into their texts? :creative:
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Sgt_BFG
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Sgt_BFG » 09 Jan 2006, 14:14

A Bible? sounds like a fun read, hopefully it will be more fun to read than a normal bible! :proud:

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 09 Jan 2006, 14:56

Sgt_BFG wrote:A Bible? sounds like a fun read, hopefully it will be more fun to read than a normal bible! :proud:
"And Moses said unto the Lord:

Lord, wherefore hast thou afflicted thy servant?

And wherefore have I not found favor in thy sight, that thou layest the burden of all this people on me?

Have I conceived this people? have I begotten them, that hou shouldest say to me, carry them in thy bosom?

And if thou deal thus with me, kill me, I pray thee, out of hand, if I have found favor in thy sight."

There are few scenes in all of literature that have made me laugh as hard as I did when first reading that. The Bible's got some hilarious parts if you know where to look.

As for an MM Bible, I do hope they will let people see it some day. It's always fun for me to see the parts of a history that weren't able to be included in the games.
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

Marelt Ekiran
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Marelt Ekiran » 10 Jan 2006, 07:55

True. It's always good to have a base from which to work, rather than make up the mythology for every game that you add. This will hopefully also avoid inconsistencies between games (such as the Bracada problem between M&M7 and HoMM3).

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 11 Jan 2006, 19:25

Sgt_BFG wrote:A Bible? sounds like a fun read, hopefully it will be more fun to read than a normal bible! :proud:
The uncensored Old Testament is a really fun :devious: read! Not for the easaly disturbed!
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

JonahFalcon
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby JonahFalcon » 20 Jan 2006, 01:36

I keep hearing that car commercial that uses the same sampled orchestral flourish as HOMM2.

Return to “Might and Magic”