Might and Magic X, Ideas and Suggestions

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 29 Nov 2006, 15:34

A couple of things I'd like to see:

1) Race-based promotions as well as class-based promotions.

2) Story-altering choices à la MM7.
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

Justice
War Dancer
War Dancer

Re: What I would like

Unread postby Justice » 29 Nov 2006, 16:36

tottin wrote:1) 4-6 characters, all created before you start. I HATE starting with just one character and hiring more later.

2) An additional two helpers hired as you go.

3) ArcoMage!

4) The same combat system as in MM6-8 (haven't played the rest). This is very important, if MMX becomes purely real-time I will never play it.

5) The same magic schools as in MM6-8, maybe with the addition of grey magic as someone suggested.

6) Auto-map that marks all buildings you have visited automatically (including those that are empty) and adds a note as to what they contain. I hate having to search for a building I have already visited, and I hate having to mark them manually.

A couple of more things I do NOT want:

1) No adaptive monster difficulty as in Oblivion or Wizardry 8 where the monsters get tougher as you get tougher.

2) No 3D engine that requires a lot of camera movement. Keep it simple.
Amen :D
Avonu wrote:
arturchix wrote:Kreegans indeed are demons but they are aliens as well.
Didn't peasants call Kreegans Devils (not demons)? IIRC Kreegans were named that because they looked like devils from peasants' legends.

And now some sugestions about MMX:
- Big cities - like Free Haven or Ravenshore when you can lost direction (I don't remeber any other game when you can get lost in city)
- Own castle or another building - where you can storage junk from adventures (like relicts or quest items or books) and village which you can upgrades (funding mine, shops, defences - something like village in Bloodmoon - Morrowind's expansion)
- Choose good or bad side (or maybe neutral)
- Alchemy, Traiding (MM7-8), Bounty Hunting - they weren't in MM9 and game was empry and boring (for me) without these little things
- Able to play game after complate main quest (like in MM6-9)
- Blasters (but only on the end of game or after end of game)
- and sci-fi
Yep. Kreegans were named devils, but really are aliens although they behave a lot like devils :)

Else I couldn't agree more :D
Bandobras Took wrote:A couple of things I'd like to see:

1) Race-based promotions as well as class-based promotions.

2) Story-altering choices à la MM7.
As long as we won't start with just two possible classes I agree :) 4 should be the minimum.- Sorcerer, warrior, cleric, archer and thief... Ehm, 5 then :D

Ribannah
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Ribannah » 30 Nov 2006, 10:57

History of the Elves:
The 'Pure Bloods' and the 'Renegades'
by Tanni
copyright 3DO

The Snow Elves of Vori, or the 'true elves' as they will be the first to point out to you, are an insular race. They have isolated themselves in the far northwestern corner of Erathia. Their history is long and glorious. Just ask them. Very few know of their founding, and fewer still know of their struggles. Most of our information about them are legends, old stories remembered by their cousins, the Elves of AvLee. Although there is no love lost between we humans of Erathia and the Elves of AvLee, I was able to speak to a number of their scholars, in the interest of preserving history. I present to you what I have learned.

Generations ago, the elves were one people, living in their blessed homeland, Vori. The good King Sil-Gandir ruled over his people for hundreds of years, considered by many elves to be their Golden Age. Near the end of his reign, a number of the elves became somewhat restless. They chafed at the stolid life that their parents led and wished for more excitement. With the belief that there were great things beyond the horizon of the sea, they petitioned the King to support an expedition. The King refused. He informed the young adventurous elves that their lives were too valuable to waste on a dangerous journey away from their blessed homeland. The young elves would not accept that. Led by the headstrong Elvólas, the young elves began to build a boat to take them across the sea.

King Sil-Gandir discovered the plot and brought Elvólas to his court. He entreated the young one to cease his preparations and to stop turning the minds of the young to his folly. Elvólas pleaded with the king to reconsider. He spoke of the glory that they would bring home and of his dreams of the land, not so far away, that would house them. The king ignored his whimsical raving and ordered him to stop his madness, under penalty of death. King Sal-Gandir would not allow them to go, under any circumstances. Elvólas hung his head and accepted the king's orders.

When Elvólas returned to the ship, he told his friends that they must be off that night. He told them of what had transpired at the king's court. He gave them a choice. Either they could give up their dreams of the new land, or they would have to leave before sunrise the next day. The unanimous vote was to leave. The next morning, when the first of the elves were waking up, they saw that the young elves were gone. All their belongings had disappeared. The only thing that they would have seen, vanishing over the horizon was a large boat. The name on the boat was clearly visible: "Mitetiiro" - Renegade.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 03 Dec 2006, 11:49

Here's what I'd like to see:
1) Big world separated into locations, just as always. Some huge dungeons like Tomb of VARN.
2) Modding abilities, ability to add new locations
3) Fly is a must
4) Party of 4-5 members chosen at start
5) Controls like in 3DAction
6) Rich items' system and variety of unique items. If you get close to Diablo2 it would be cool.
7) That old beautiful "New World Computing" video... Just kidding. :)
And no mistakes of MM9:
8) Fast walking (not slower than in MM6-8. In MM9 the party is crawling)
9) Realistic persons. Not that schemes from MM9
10) Pick up corpses as in MM6-8, without opening like a chest
11) Saving in battle
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Gnoll_Mage
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Gnoll_Mage » 15 Dec 2006, 19:44

No adaptive monster difficulty as in Oblivion or Wizardry 8 where the monsters get tougher as you get tougher.
Surely this would be a must, since otherwise the game could get very tedious in parts? (For me Wizardry has always been superior to M&M! ;) )

By the way, are you the Grayface that used to enter my HC contest? If you are, how are you? I haven't seen you around over there...

tottin
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby tottin » 16 Dec 2006, 11:37

Quote:
No adaptive monster difficulty as in Oblivion or Wizardry 8 where the monsters get tougher as you get tougher.

Surely this would be a must, since otherwise the game could get very tedious in parts? (For me Wizardry has always been superior to M&M! wink )

What I meant by this is that the monsters in any given area do not get stronger as your party gets stronger. I dont mean that all monsters should be equally strong, just that they should not level up even if you do. In my opinion, this makes it feel like I never get any stronger, and seeing my party grow in strength to finally becoming unbeatable is one of the reasons I think (some) RPG's are so much fun.

I never played any of the Wizardrys except Wizardry 8, which I didn't finish, mostly because of the adaptive monster difficulty.

Gnoll_Mage
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Gnoll_Mage » 19 Dec 2006, 20:55

Fair enough (in some ways I can see where you are coming from), although I can't imagine how dull it would have been if every time I walked through the Swamp in the later section of the game, all I met was ants. Sure I'd feel powerful but I'd not have any challenges or fun in that area, only in areas which are set at my level (i.e. effectively ones I haven't been in yet, e.g. Ascension Peak). I think that's what you mean anyway.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 20 Dec 2006, 14:37

tottin wrote: I never played any of the Wizardrys except Wizardry 8, which I didn't finish, mostly because of the adaptive monster difficulty.
That's too bad Wiz 8 was/is among the best turn based RPG's ever made, and that is not just MHO. Part of its allure was its great AI part of which was the adaptive monster difficulty. I agree MM VI was among the best of the MMs, but you really enjoy going back to the starting areas with your high level parties and have to fight off all of the "fleas" now pestering you. If they are not going to have adaptive monsters, then they need to turn off respawning, and that would suck. Perhaps they could make adaptive and respawning monsters as player options in the game configuration menu.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

tottin
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby tottin » 21 Dec 2006, 19:39

Having to fight low-level monsters in MM in areas you have already visited doesn't bother me much, cause at that point they can barely hurt you, and holding A for a few seconds and let the arrows fly is often enough to kill them all. Besides that you get the fly spell quite early and there is no need to fight all the respawned wilderness monsters. As for the dungeons, who bothers visiting a dungeon twice.
I like the fact that if you have saved some (at that point) hard dungeon for later, you can come back after gaining some levels and it will be much easier. Otherwise, what is the point of levelling if the monsters always are at approx. the same level? It makes me feel as I never get any powerful.

I do not remember if adaptive difficulty was in dungeons as well in the wilderness in Wizardy?

Planet_Pluto
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Planet_Pluto » 27 Dec 2006, 04:41

Avonu wrote:Didn't peasants call Kreegans Devils (not demons)?
Aren't devils a kind of demon. Just like succubus is a kind of demon.

Demons are as diverse in variety as that of fish and birds.
IIRC Kreegans were named that because they looked like devils from peasants' legends.
True, but one of the Kreegan soldiers is called, "Devil."

- Big cities - like Free Haven or Ravenshore when you can lost direction (I don't remeber any other game when you can get lost in city)
I was thinking... perhaps it would be best to have the cities even larger in porportion.

A city must occupy more than 20,000 residents. The most you see in any "city" is roughly just over a hundred in M&M games.

- Own castle or another building - where you can storage junk from adventures (like relicts or quest items or books) and village which you can upgrades (funding mine, shops, defences - something like village in Bloodmoon - Morrowind's expansion)
Yeah, you even have a map that comes up showwing you the buildings like in sim city and in Dark Cloud, where you can decide how your buildings should be arranged.
- Choose good or bad side (or maybe neutral)
Seems alright to me. But I think choosing the good or bad side comes from your own reputation from what you do or decide to do with quests and just normal things like killing the entire population of people within a city.

- Alchemy, Trading (MM7-8), Bounty Hunting - they weren't in MM9 and game was empty and boring (for me) without these little things
Good idea.
- Able to play game after complete main quest (like in MM6-9)
Good idea. Or maybe even extend to a series of other main quests.
- Blasters (but only on the end of game or after end of game)
- and sci-fi
Whatever works for you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is a variety of elves I have taken a gander at.

Sun Elf - Elves that live in the hills and in grasslands. They have evolved to be adjusted quite well for living outdoors and not under the blanket of trees. The sun elves live much like humans do, except they are physically elves with a hobbit like personality, a gnome like intellect, and a dwarf like advantage to technology and craftsmaking, but like all elves they value nature and build their structures to magnify the beauty of nature. They are like the elves seen on Lord of the Rings that are first seen in the movie. They specialize with swords more than with any other weapon. They are also called the Castle Elves, Hill Elves, or Light Elves.

http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/8800/sunelfxp9.jpg

Accent = Similar to Catalan

Wood Elf - Elves that live in the woods and forests. They are expert archers and scouts. Their lifestyle isn't as advance as the Sun Elves, but they are still quite as skillful in combat. They are also very well skilled in the arts of druidry. They are also called the Forest Elves.

http://img218.imageshack.us/my.php?image=woodelfki6.jpg

Accent = Similar to Cornish

Sea Elf - Elves that have adjust to life on the sea. They are almost all pyrates, which plunder from human, orc, and sun elven ships that venture into their area. They are most skillful at stealing and battling on the open sea. The are also called Nymphs, Ocean Elves, Pyrate Elves, and Water Elves.

http://img407.imageshack.us/my.php?image=seaelflx7.jpg

Accent = Similar to Jamaican

Dark Elf - Elves that have been lured to the darkness. They were once Moon Elves that were feared by the Sun Elves, High Elves, Wood Elves, and other Moon Elves for their arts and nature. So they were therefore banished into a subterranean world, where they make a means of trying to live on with their dreadful way of life. Dark Elves specialize quite well as assassins, warlocks, and dread knights. They are also called Shadow Elves, Drows, and Ninja Elves.

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/2541/darkelfle4.jpg

Accent = Similar to Frisian

Moon Elf - Elves that are nocturnal in nature. As a result they naturally have light skin and large black eyes to see well in the dark. Moon elves were once Wood elves that had migrated to a distant woodland that was always night. As a result the moon elves got adjusted to the living in the dark and stayed that way ever since. Moon Elves make excelent healers and monks. They are also called Twilight Elves and Night Elves.

http://img209.imageshack.us/my.php?image=moonelfcm6.jpg

Accent = Similar to Faroese

High Elf - Elves that live in towers on the tops of mountains, generally between Wood Elves and Sun Elves. It is believe that were once just a hybrid of the two that had eventually became a race of its own. High Elves specialize in the fine arts of the arcane. As a result they are horrible fighters, unlike their two close relatives. They are also called Magi Elves, Fair Elves, and Tower Elves.

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/56/highelfnm4.jpg

Accent = Similar to British

Ice Elf - The remaining decendents of the true ancestors of all elves. The Ice Elves live in the frigid Northern lands. There they take refuge from extinct and remain isolated from the other elves. It it unknown what talents they possess. They are also called Frost Elves, Snow Elves, and Winter Elves.

http://img411.imageshack.us/my.php?image=iceelftd9.jpg

Accent = Similar to Russian

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 27 Dec 2006, 15:20

Planet_Pluto wrote:Aren't devils a kind of demon. Just like succubus is a kind of demon.
Not in MM6-8 and H3-4.
Demons and devils were differet units.
Planet_Pluto wrote:
I was thinking... perhaps it would be best to have the cities even larger in porportion.
A city must occupy more than 20,000 residents. The most you see in any "city" is roughly just over a hundred in M&M games.
Well, MM9 cities would be enough but with much more citizents. And with dog and cats of course (BTW - isn't one from Morrowind's mod based on MM9 cats and dogs?).
Planet_Pluto wrote:Seems alright to me. But I think choosing the good or bad side comes from your own reputation from what you do or decide to do with quests and just normal things like killing the entire population of people within a city.
Yes, like in old Jedi Knight, were your actions decide which side do you choose.
Planet_Pluto wrote:Here is a variety of elves I have taken a gander at.

Sun Elf, Wood Elf, Sea Elf, Dark Elf, Moon Elf, High Elf, Ice Elf
You forgot Blood Elves, Night Elves, Shadow Elves and Santa Claus' Elves. :devil:
Not too much Elves?

And about Elves (and others races) in MM:

But then a new creature mysteriously appeared in the Void, not dumb like the beast, but cleaver in cultivating the raw loam of the battlefield further into rich provider of food and shelter. Difficult and costly though it wast in the mist of the furios storm of the battle, a continent was forged in the misty Void.

In the forest and valleys settled spry creature of great intelligence. Thin and strong, the Elves was quite at home among the trees and fields of green. Though weaker in endurance than some, they was possesed of a high aptitude for the magical arts and resistance to its power and energy.

And in the snowy arena of bitter cold found the Gnomes their home. Like the Elves, they were strong in mind, not body, and a little more prone to the way of magic. But unlike the brooding Elf, the Gnome was very jolly and quick to make friends. Because of the harshness of the snowy land, their countenance was tougheded to the elements, and even more so to magic.

Sojourned then in the desert sun the Dwarf. Small but mighty their survived in the turmoil of the stormy war for little of the elemental ream could do they great harm. After all, it would take strong creature to find a thriving life in the land of sand. With little power over magic, Dwarves found their strength in solitiude among the dunes.

And in the swambs and bogs settled a tribal people of great strength and endurance. So strong were they that fire, electic and cold could hardly harm they. Because they lacked the greatness of mind and magic they had to rely on their ability to fight to survive, and that ability was developed to greats heights, for Half-Orc lived for battle and saw the opposing of men as the greatest of endeavors.

But scattered across the many diversities of the new found land Humans wandered and made places for themselves among all others. Able to resist all the elements and magics, and learned in the ways of mistical arts, they were well equipped to settle were they wished. Soon they trived across the land and with the others began to take the beasts and cultivate the fields.

from MM3 manual

Planet_Pluto
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Planet_Pluto » 27 Dec 2006, 22:29

Avonu wrote:
Planet_Pluto wrote:Aren't devils a kind of demon. Just like succubus is a kind of demon.
Not in MM6-8 and H3-4.
Demons and devils were differet units.
I was speaking in general terms. You know that in christian mythology, demons were technically fallen angels and that their leader was the devil. So technically the devil is a demon. So devils are therefore demons. This game series is base off of mythological creatures. Unicorns, medusas, angels, elves, dwarves, cyclopses, and dragons.
Avonu wrote:
Planet_Pluto wrote:
Well, MM9 cities would be enough but with much more citizents. And with dog and cats of course (BTW - isn't one from Morrowind's mod based on MM9 cats and dogs?).
I don't play morrowind. But I have to say that things must go under terms of common sense.

A encampment should be the smallest by 1 to 20 residence. One Section.

A hamlet should be anything between 21 to 50 residence.

A village should be anything between 51 and 500 residence.

A shire should be anything between 501 and 1000 residence.

A town should be anything between 1001 and 5000 residence.

A borough should be anything between 5001 and 10,000 residence.

A city should be anything between 10,001 and 50,000 residence

A conurbation should be anything between 50,001 and 100,000 residence.

A metropolis should be anything between 100,001 and 500,000 residence.

A megalopolis should be anything between 500,001 and 1,000,000

I don't think any of us would enjoy being in something much larger than a million residence.

There should only be one megalopolis, two metropolises, five conurbations, eighteen cities, thirty boroughs, a hundred towns, less shires than towns, and an endless number of villages, hamlets, and settlements in the game.

Well that's how I see it. I don't think you need that many, but I'm basing it how much you think there ought to be in a world where humans (fastly populationg creatures) and other races co-exist.

Because remember, you have the elven cities, the silver magi cities, and the human cities. And then you have the undead that might still be scattered about and the dwarves, dark elves, and other beings.
Avonu wrote:
Planet_Pluto wrote:Seems alright to me. But I think choosing the good or bad side comes from your own reputation from what you do or decide to do with quests and just normal things like killing the entire population of people within a city.
Yes, like in old Jedi Knight, were your actions decide which side do you choose.
Exactly
Avonu wrote:
Planet_Pluto wrote:Here is a variety of elves I have taken a gander at.

Sun Elf, Wood Elf, Sea Elf, Dark Elf, Moon Elf, High Elf, Ice Elf

You forgot Blood Elves, Night Elves, Shadow Elves and Santa Claus' Elves. :devil:
Not too much Elves?
Blood elves are high elves. Remember that in WoW, the only difference between blood elves and high elves was that blood elves would go by any means to obtain magical energies.

Night elves are moon elves. They both live in the night, right?

Shadow elves are dark elves. The only time they aren't is in certain games where the two are different, because of the ethnical issues of having darker skin elves as the bad guys. To be honest the issue with Dark Elves should be misunderstood, rather than villainous.

Santa Claus's elves are snow brownies, not elves. A brownie is a dwarf version of an elf.
And about Elves (and others races) in MM:

But then a new creature mysteriously appeared in the Void, not dumb like the beast, but cleaver in cultivating the raw loam of the battlefield further into rich provider of food and shelter. Difficult and costly though it wast in the mist of the furios storm of the battle, a continent was forged in the misty Void.

In the forest and valleys settled spry creature of great intelligence. Thin and strong, the Elves was quite at home among the trees and fields of green. Though weaker in endurance than some, they was possesed of a high aptitude for the magical arts and resistance to its power and energy.

Elves are a very diverse race, like humans, they can have diverse varieties that live in diverse areas.

Elves are known as "the wanderers", because they wander off into diverse areas. And often enough they sometimes are seperated entirely, where they then become a new and different variety of elves.

That's sort of what had happened during the "Magic Fable Pretend" world of the elves during an ice age.

The snow elves migrated across the world, where some of them diverged from the whole and ended up adapted to the changes in their environment as the ice age had ended. This is how wood elves and light elves came to be as I see it.

Anyways the world should go as we see it in evolution.

You first have fish and other sea creatures like the Kraken. Then comes the time of the amphibians and the trogludytes. Then comes the time of the reptiles and the lizardmen, wyverns, serpent flies, and basilisks. Then the time of the birds begins and dragons, angels, rocs, harpies, and phoenixes begin to appear. And then comes the mammals with minotaurs, sasquatches, centaurs, unicorns, and other mammals of the sort. And then comes the beginnings of men in which diverse hominid groups appear eventually becoming elves, goblins, dwarves, humans, ogres, demons, giants, hobbits, and gremlins.

Humans took the longest to develop.

And in the snowy arena of bitter cold found the Gnomes their home. Like the Elves, they were strong in mind, not body, and a little more prone to the way of magic. But unlike the brooding Elf, the Gnome was very jolly and quick to make friends. Because of the harshness of the snowy land, their countenance was tougheded to the elements, and even more so to magic.

Gremlins is what the people want, not gnomes.

Sojourned then in the desert sun the Dwarf. Small but mighty their survived in the turmoil of the stormy war for little of the elemental ream could do they great harm. After all, it would take strong creature to find a thriving life in the land of sand. With little power over magic, Dwarves found their strength in solitiude among the dunes.

dwarves live underground, in the mountains, or anywhere they can mine out resources. Goblins makes a better sense out of this than dwarves. I know that bebers and arabians live in the desert, but I don't think their height status makes them dwarves. Considering the warrior nature of these groups back before they had their own civilization, I would assume that goblins make the ideal race.

And in the swambs and bogs settled a tribal people of great strength and endurance. So strong were they that fire, electic and cold could hardly harm they. Because they lacked the greatness of mind and magic they had to rely on their ability to fight to survive, and that ability was developed to greats heights, for Half-Orc lived for battle and saw the opposing of men as the greatest of endeavors.

Half-orcs makes no sense at all. How can a human mate with an orc?

I think just add in the gnolls would be a better choice.

Come on, what's wrong with Gnolls? They are african. Come on...

But scattered across the many diversities of the new found land Humans wandered and made places for themselves among all others. Able to resist all the elements and magics, and learned in the ways of mistical arts, they were well equipped to settle were they wished. Soon they trived across the land and with the others began to take the beasts and cultivate the fields.

from MM3 manual
Yeah that sounds like humans.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 28 Dec 2006, 09:49

Planet_Pluto wrote:I was speaking in general terms. You know that in christian mythology, demons were technically fallen angels and that their leader was the devil. So technically the devil is a demon. So devils are therefore demons. This game series is base off of mythological creatures.
Devils or demons - that doesn't matter - Kreegans were not Devils or Demons - they were something else, much worse.
Planet_Pluto wrote: I don't play morrowind. But I have to say that things must go under terms of common sense.
A encampment should be the smallest by 1 to 20 residence. One Section.
(...)
A megalopolis should be anything between 500,001 and 1,000,000
If this all will be placed in one section/region, then OK.
Personally, I dislike the BG, NWN and KotOR style of cities - when you have Districts on separated maps. I much more like MM's style - one city, one map.
Planet_Pluto wrote: Because remember, you have the elven cities, the silver magi cities, and the human cities. And then you have the undead that might still be scattered about and the dwarves, dark elves, and other beings.
I still hope that MMX will much more like rest of MMs, not like H5.

About the elves and others races:
We talking about races in MM right? Not in others game?

Planet_Pluto wrote:Gremlins is what the people want, not gnomes.
Excuse me, but are you "the people"?
You know what all people want?
Next time, please don't use frases like "the poeple", "fans", etc.

One more thing:
I like to see in new MM NWC Dungoen (or Ubival Dungeon :devil:) - even if game will be crap (I hope not), I would have a chance to personally "thanks" to the developers (with might and magic of course :devil:).

Justice
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Justice » 28 Dec 2006, 11:42

One more thing:
I like to see in new MM NWC Dungoen (or Ubival Dungeon ) - even if game will be crap (I hope not), I would have a chance to personally "thanks" to the developers (with might and magic of course ).
rofl :D that would be great :-D

Would probably be a bit less respectfull than when I met NWC lol
-Was there one of those in MM VIII? I've forgotten it.
There should only be one megalopolis, two metropolises, five conurbations, eighteen cities, thirty boroughs, a hundred towns, less shires than towns, and an endless number of villages, hamlets, and settlements in the game.
I would like the thought of a MM X that is 20 times bigger than any other MM game, but I seriously doubt how realistic that is :( it would require unacceptable (in Ubi point of view) amount of money and time.- And there is the risc of the game just becoming huge and pretty, with no real feel or story... But in a decade or so, once the technology is up for it, it would be superb :)
About the elves and others races:
We talking about races in MM right? Not in others game?
It doesn't look too much like MM, but most of the ideas would be good for some new game.- Doesn't fit into the MM atmosphere... But then again, we don't know what Ubi might fo to it.

Oh, and I would prefeer Gnomes to Gremlins, althoug I'm neither a huge fans of gnomes.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 28 Dec 2006, 13:56

Justice wrote:Would probably be a bit less respectfull than when I met NWC lol
-Was there one of those in MM VIII? I've forgotten it.
Yup. You got there from the plane between planes, if you had the flute from the tomb near Ravenshore.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Justice
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Justice » 28 Dec 2006, 22:58

ah, yes :) now I remember, that big sword :)

waffen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby waffen » 09 May 2007, 12:39

Things I like to see in M&M X:
- trading (buy items for $ 200 and sell for $ 300 in another city)
- bounty hunt, and hunt not some monsters, but criminals
- nonlinear story
- camera view as in M&M 6 - M&M 8 with possible alternatives
- many sidequsts
- water walk, fly, town portal
- 4 main characters made from beggining and 2 henchmen

masterpoobaa
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby masterpoobaa » 14 May 2007, 04:43

if i remake were to be made...how would it appear i wonder?

Isometric top down on all your characters like neverwinter/icewind dale/baldurs gate?

1st person view like MM6 to 9, but with a large view area and a graphics engine from quake 4 or doom 3 or something?

Also i like the way they did wizardry 8.
Similar to MM6 to 9, but with a nice added touch of positionable characters so some chars took more/less damange depening on their location and direction of attack.
M&M VI - the best.

DaveO
Demon
Demon

Unread postby DaveO » 14 May 2007, 04:55

I'll read the entire thread and responses when I have some more time later. My brief MM10 suggestion would be to make this the FINAL game in the series. Wizardry ended on a decent note with number 8, and I think it's beyond time to retire the M&M franchise and come up with something new.
I'd rather be part bull than a complete sheep.

DaveO
Demon
Demon

Unread postby DaveO » 14 May 2007, 05:15

Ok. I looked over the replies, and honestly think that races and classes are irrelevant. What's important is the STORY, and I'm amazed that nobody has made many suggestions. So IF I had a say, here are a few a the things that I think will be good ideas:
1. Good and evil outcomes just like in MM7
2. Some memorable villains. I'd nominate the Megadragon as one villain to return in all of its World of Xeen glory and not some watered down version like in MM7
3. Minimal cliched story writing please. DON'T make the heroes some version of the Chosen One, amnesiacs, waking in a cell, and other cliched story lines. Take the courage to write and do something UNIQUE for once, and I believe the fans would thank you for it
4. If you MUST have Fed-Ex quests, you better make me CARE about the reward and results.
5. Have memorable characters along the way, that I can INTERACT with. This does not mean the three topics that you could only talk about like in MM6. Everyone still remembers Baldur's Gate due to the characters, and I believe Knights of the Old Republic also had memorable characters(although a cliched story line).
6. Make it epic, but please DON'T SELL OUT and make the game an MMORPG.
I'd rather be part bull than a complete sheep.

Return to “Might and Magic”