Might and Magic X, Ideas and Suggestions

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Planet_Pluto
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Might and Magic X, Ideas and Suggestions

Unread postby Planet_Pluto » 25 Nov 2006, 21:04

Here is where we can post ideas and suggestions on Might and Magic X.

Anyways... this forum is about making ideas and suggestions. So please stay on topic, be formal rather than casual, and don't make complaints unless you have someone else's approval. That way we don't flood this forum up with needless spam and among many other things.

Naitguolf
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Naitguolf » 25 Nov 2006, 22:02

Gameplay up 8 characteres.
Beautiful music
Elemental planes
Sci-Fi
Turn Based Combat
Star Bust. A must :P
An INN where you can make new characteres at mid play.
Huge world to explore
Time exploration
... and much more. :)
"Que no está muerto lo que pueda yacer eternamente, mas con los evos extraños aún la muerte puede morir."

Planet_Pluto
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Planet_Pluto » 25 Nov 2006, 22:44

Naitguolf wrote:Gameplay up 8 characteres.
Beautiful music
Elemental planes
Sci-Fi
Turn Based Combat
Huge world to explore
Time exploration
... and much more. :)
1) I was thinking that you could start off with six and then pick up two more later on, like in Wizardry Eight. Plus starting off with six is no different than the classical Might and Magic games.

2) They could use music similar to what is in HoMM5, but expand it to fit in a large variety of different places and circumstances.

3) I was thinking of there being Eight Elemental planes of Arcane.

Fire (which is opposite of Ice) (Hot vs. Cold)
Ice (which is opposite of Fire) (Cold vs. Hot)
Water (which is opposite of Lightning) (positive vs. negative)
Lightning (which is opposite of Water) (negative vs. positive)
Earth (which is opposite of Wind) (Mass vs. Pressure)
Wind (which is opposite of Earth) (Pressure vs. Mass)
Light (which is opposite of Dark) (Pure vs. Impure)
Dark (which is opposite of Light) (Impure vs. Pure)

Those are what I consider the elements of Nature, which you can access in Arcane magics)

Then you have the Four Elements of the Celestial.

Body
Mind
Spirit
Time

Those are what should be automatically available for the clergy foundation. These elements don't have any polar opposites, but are good for conditional situations, like against the Undead.

4) Sci-Fi? Hmm.. I was thinking that having Dragon Golems and certain other mechanical creatures would suffice the sci-fi crave. Maybe having the ability to teleport to distant worlds may also be used.

5) Turned Based Combat? I'm not a fan of star wars, so you'll just have to enlighten me with how that would be a good thing. I think speed base combat was pretty good for those of use that like to shoot our opponents before engaging them into battle.

6) Star Bust? What's that?

7) Make new characters? Why not have the tavern like experience you had in VIII, but expand it to where you can hire people from practically any city.

8) Huge world to explore? Yes I can agree with that. A world roughly 10 times larger than VI, VII, and VIII put together.

9) Time exploration? As in going from past to future or so forth? That would be neat. Especially if you can re-encounter past heroes like Roland of Ironfist.

10) In addition, how about 12 selectable races with three additional ones you can pick up later on.

A) Humans - Average on everything. No advantages, but no disadvantages.

B) High Elves - Accurate and Moral, but Weak. Resistance to Body, Mind, Spirit, and Light Magic, but weakness to Dark Magic. Gifted in the use of the Bow. And can access certain nature magic spells that cannot be accessed by the other races.

C) Dark Elves - Accurate and Smart, but Weak. Resistance to Body, Mind, Spirit, and Dark Magic, but weakness to Light magic. Gifted in the use of Daggers. And can access certain destruction magic spells that cannot be accessed by the other races.

D) Dwarves - Strong and Endurable, but Slow. Resistance to Fire and Earth Magic. Gifted in the use of either Hammers or Axes. Best suited for repairing damaged items.

E) Hobgoblins - Strong and Endurable, but Dumb. Resistance to Body and Earth Magic, but weak against mind magic. Higher stamina than all of the other races, except for dragons. Can weild the heaviest of weapons, like the Minotaur. Can access certain combat skills that aren't accessable to other races.

F) Orcs - Accurate and Strong, but Immoral. Resistance to Spirit and Wind Magic. Highest dexterity, except for dragons. Can access certain combat skills that aren't accessable to other races.

G) Gnolls - Accurate and Strong, but Slow. Resistance to Spirit and Body Magic. High natural dexterity and stamina. Can access certain combat skills that aren't accessable to other races.

H) Halflings - Fast and Moral, but Weak. Resistance to Mind and Body Magic. Can access certain special skills that aren't accessable to other races.

I) Gremlins - Fast and Smart, but Immoral. Resistance to Body and Mind Magic. Can access certain special skills that aren't accessable to other races.

J) Sprites - Fast and Smart, but Weak. Resistance to Mind and Spirit magic. Speciality in the use of wands and enchanged items.

K) Lizardmen - Strong and Fast, but Dumb. Resistance to Water, Body, Spirit, Earth, Fire, and Wind Magic, but weak against Ice, Lightning, and Mind Magic. Fastest creatures. Besides Trolls and Vampires, has the ability to achieve self regeneration.

L) Vampires - Fast and Endurable, but Immoral. Resistance to Wind, Ice, Dark, Time, and Mind Magic. Weak against Body, Spirit, and Mind magic. (Because they are undead after all) Able to access undead abilities and self regeneration.

As for the other three...

M) Trolls - Uniquely Endurable, but Stupid. Resistance to Earth and Wind Magic. And accesses the best regenerational ability.

N) Minotaurs - Uniquely Strong, but not Accurate. Resistance to Fire and Lightning Magic. And accesses unique offensive skills that are unavailable for the other races.

O) Dragons - Great in everything, but can't use armors nor weapons. Resistant to everything, no weaknesses. Can only acquire dragon base skills.

Naitguolf
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Naitguolf » 26 Nov 2006, 02:22

Star Burst spell i mean... :P

Nah. I dont really think ubi will make a new M&M X using old ideas (those from M&M 1-5)

It will be surely a very different game. :)
"Que no está muerto lo que pueda yacer eternamente, mas con los evos extraños aún la muerte puede morir."

Lord13
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Lord13 » 26 Nov 2006, 09:29

Hmmm...nice topic here! I hope that Ubi will see it and
understand that we want finally a good MnM CRPG!

Anyway, back to ideas, here is how I imagine the new
MnM:

1) First of all must be first person. I am on opinion of 6
char slot(you will have the choise and play with few) and
2 empty slots for special NPCs(that will be part of the main
story) or Mercenarys that will be paid on Mercenarys Guilds.

2)Has the same wonderfull turn based combats that MnM6-8
had. You can choose the real time/turn based mode with the simple
hit of a button so can skip quickly easy combats or enjoy the tatctics
to hard-core ones ;)

3)I would like to see many many choises to the races. For example:
Humans,Wood Elves,Hight Elves,Dark Elves, Dwarfs,Halfings,Vampires,
Minotaurs,Trolls etc. I like the Gremlin idea but the Dragon is not good
imo. I imagine dragons so powerfull that can't be part of a party(on MnM8
it was realy bad the Dragon idea).

4)I liked the class-system of MnM9(not the game thought),
started from 2 basic categories and throught levels make choises
and create a finally class.

5)I would like to see a "choosing sides" scenario like MnM7-8 had.
Choosing throught factions and that will affect not only scenario but
the classes and the reputation of each town of-course!!!

6)New MnM must have a huge free-to-explore world. Many towns
with stores,NPCS,Mercenarys,guilds that you can sign in and advance
and of-course manyyyyyy side quests!!! Each town must have its personality, f.e. a wood-style Elven town or a underground stone city
of dwarves!

7)Want to see again the Obelisk treaure hunt :-D

8)Sci-fi elements are not good for me. I am more to classic fantasy
style but MnM has a backround that sci-fi elements are part of it, so
maybe must have their part on the game :p

9)In the end I would love to see an editor with the game(smth like
the Elder Scrolls construction set)that will give the MnM funs the choise
to create new Mods!!!!
Every man dies...
Every beast dies...
Only heroes live forever!

Justice
War Dancer
War Dancer

Re: Might and Magic X, Ideas and Suggestions

Unread postby Justice » 26 Nov 2006, 21:12

Beautiful music
Elemental planes
Sci-Fi
Turn Based Combat
Huge world to explore
Time exploration
... and much more.
Agree with all but the Inn and that it has to be 8 characters. Never really liked that Inn option in the old MMs and 8 characters seemed like overkill to me. Would prefeer 4 and being able to hire up to two helpers, that help in the same way as MM VI - VII.- Especially the Sci-Fi is a must.

Then for Big-Ideas or Planet_Pluto.

1) was what I just wrote.

2) I don't think HoMM V music would fit in there. They can do like they always did, create new music, just get the same good old composers.

3) I think eight or 6 schools of elemental magic is a bit of an overkill. Just use the same as before there. Air, Water, Earth and fire. THey were perfect and have the historical background. Light and Dark magic are a must too ofcourse, and perhaps get the grey magic from MMT too.
Always wondered why there only were 3 schools for clerics. Think time would be great :)

4) the "dragon golemns" would have to be the sentinels, or what they were called, from the Lincoln. Else I would like references to the Ancients, some alien perhaps, the Kreegans, but not any blasters.

5) Turn Based Combat in MM means that when you press "enter" you have plenty of time to battle. each character and oponent gets it's turn and no one moves before that character or oponent has done what it wants to do.

7) Talked about that before.

8) That would be way to large for them to create, although I would like that :D

9) That is pretty unrealistic, and unfortunatly Roland Ironfist is in another universe, but I would have liked it if it was possible... Such a game would take 15 years though and be pretty dated once it came...

10) Dislike hobgoblins, but goblins would be fine. Not Gnolls or Orcs either, but haflings would be great. I J and K are neither that great in my opinion and I absolutely hate to play as a dragon.

3)

4)I liked the class-system of MnM9(not the game thought),
started from 2 basic categories and throught levels make choises
and create a finally class.
I hated the class system from MM IX. Would like lots of variety from the start rather than just two classes...
Apart from that I agree with all you say, but the remark about Sci-Fi and Gremlings :D

[/quote]

Oakwarrior
Biclops
Biclops

Unread postby Oakwarrior » 26 Nov 2006, 21:38

Gameplay up 8 characteres.
Beautiful music
Elemental planes
Sci-Fi
Turn Based Combat
Huge world to explore
Time exploration
Nice ideas, this I like :)

The Inn idea would be pretty cool if made right B-)

Planet_Pluto
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Planet_Pluto » 26 Nov 2006, 23:34

Anyways.
Beautiful music
Elemental planes
Sci-Fi
Turn Based Combat
Huge world to explore
Time exploration
... and much more.
Agree with all but the Inn and that it has to be 8 characters. Never really liked that Inn option in the old MMs and 8 characters seemed like overkill to me.
Why?
Would prefeer 4 and being able to hire up to two helpers, that help in the same way as MM VI - VII.- Especially the Sci-Fi is a must.

Why is Sci-Fi a must? This is fantasy, right? Fantasy is a different genre.

2) I don't think HoMM V music would fit in there. They can do like they always did, create new music, just get the same good old composers.
I said something like HoMM V music. And how would it not fit there?
3) I think eight or 6 schools of elemental magic is a bit of an overkill.
How would you know if something is or isn't an overkill.
Just use the same as before there. Air, Water, Earth and fire.
But Ice and Water are not the same. Ice is an element that conflicts Fire. Water is an element that conflicts lightning.

Air isn't even an element. Its Wind. And Wind and Lightning are not the same.
THey were perfect and have the historical background.
They are not perfect as I have mentioned earlier. Ice and Water are not the same. And the same goes for Wind and Lightning. Stop being so ultra conservative and accept this proposal, since it makes sense.

Besides elements are suppose to have a theme to portray their characteristics.

The basic theme with Might and Magic's four elements goes with the christian theme of four. Which goes back with the Earth historical context of the word four. Or with the movie, fifth element.

But that is not how these elements work at all.

When fire is touched by water, it dies. Water on the other hands turns into steam. It still is water, water vapor to be exact. So there is no connection on making fire and water opposing forces.

But there is a force between cold and heat. Cold is kills heat and heat kills the cold. So they work out perfects.

Therefore Ice must stay as a different element from water.

Now what will water's opposite be? Well Water and Lightning are very much opposite. Electronics are easy to be killed by water and anything wet is more likely to be shocked. So they work will as opposing forces.

You need to step out of the twentieth century of thinking and start accepting more proven and true ideologies. Even if they are base on the real world or from other fantasy games.
Light and Dark magic are a must too ofcourse, and perhaps
get the grey magic from MMT too.
Grey magic? Body, Mind, and Spirit are enough. Time was just something I added if people want to travel through time as something new.
Always wondered why there only were 3 schools for clerics. Think time would be great :)
It's six actually.

Body, Mind, Spirit, Time, Dark, and Light.

Like before you could never get your facts straight.
4) the "dragon golemns" would have to be the sentinels, or what they were called, from the Lincoln. Else I would like references to the Ancients, some alien perhaps, the Kreegans, but not any blasters.
Kreegans were demons, not aliens. Are extradimensional beings, aliens? If that is true then I guess all Elementals, Demons, Angels, and various other creatures are all aliens.
5) Turn Based Combat in MM means that when you press "enter" you have plenty of time to battle. each character and oponent gets it's turn and no one moves before that character or oponent has done what it wants to do.
I don't remember that at all in MM6 or MM7 nor even in MM8. You must be talking about something from Wizardry.

9) That is pretty unrealistic, and unfortunatly Roland Ironfist is in another universe, but I would have liked it if it was possible... Such a game would take 15 years though and be pretty dated once it came..
Roland Ironfist is not in another universe, yet rather from another planet in the same universe.
10) Dislike hobgoblins, but goblins would be fine.
The two are the same except hobgoblins are taller and more warrior like.
Not Gnolls or Orcs either, but haflings would be great.
Why not gnolls nor orcs? Are you against were-creatures? Were-boars and were hyenas? And besides halflings have been used for too much. Do you want this to become something like a twin of Wizardry Eight? Or maybe even a clone of D&D?

Gnolls and Orcs are a must to keep. Especially since Orcs in M&M are not the same as that in Warcraft. Warcraft has ogre based orcs. Orcs which appear similar to the ogres in M&M. M&M has orcs base off of boars.

I J and K are neither that great in my opinion and I absolutely hate to play as a dragon.
That's because you have wyrmaphobia. I mean how can anyone hate dragons. You must be one of the minority of players of Might and Magic. Because I could have sworn there were millions of people world wide that love dragons. And most of them want to play as a dragon. Maybe playing Spyro creeped you out so much that you deem to make it a living hell for everyone who felt differently, like me.
I hated the class system from MM IX. And I would like lots of variety from the start rather than just two classes...
True... true...

Apart from that I agree with all you say, but the remark about Sci-Fi and Gremlings :D
It is all about making sacrificies for people are mentally less fortunate?

Can't make them agree and they are too stubborn to make a compromise with.

3)I would like to see many many choises to the races. For example:
Humans,Wood Elves,Hight Elves,Dark Elves, Dwarfs,Halfings,Vampires,
Minotaurs,Trolls etc. I like the Gremlin idea but the Dragon is not good
imo. I imagine dragons so powerfull that can't be part of a party(on MnM8
it was realy bad the Dragon idea).
Wood Elves aren't a part of Might and Magic.

And well Dragons aren't all powerful and you don't start with them either.

They have great resistance and strength, but you have to rely on giving them levels to help them achieve that kind of strength. They are the only race that actually has to depend on levels rather than strong and sturdy equipment.

So they have a weakness, plus they can't be used as a thief or learn magic, which makes them a bother as well. They simply make great fighters/defenders, if you can level them up high enough. And their unique dragon abilities help them specialize on elemental weaknesses and strengths in a more hands on approach than does traditional magics.

M&M8 had a great dragon idea. I still cannot understand why people like you hate dragons. Is there any family or phobia related issues that keep you away from accepting dragons? Come on, no one just grows up naturally to dislike dragons. I mean Chinese to English and even certain African groups culturally like Dragons. So how could anyone just naturally hate them? They are the embodiment of all the problems man-kind had to fast in order to survive. They are essentially as necessary to have in the game as an ally as they are as an enemy.

What if we had a dragon like race of creatures that were half as powerful or maybe even a quarter as powerful, that could use some dragon abilities and equip armor? Like there is in Wizardry Eight.

But you see this is why I hate dealing with children, because they can't accept any different approaches to a game.

Okay, since some people have some unknown and unreasonable dislike for dragons. How about we have dragons as an expert class that you can learn certain skills from. This allows them to be in the game as an ally, but you don't have the "problem" of having them as an optional later factor that you have the option of employing into your ranks.

Instead, we would have to introduce a new race.

And instead of 15, how about ten with two of them being allowed to pick up later on.

1) Humans (Beyond OVERUSED)
2) High Elves (OVERUSED)
3) Dark Elves (Look just like High elves, BORING)
4) Dwarves (OVERUSED)
5) Halflings (OVERUSED)
6) Hobgoblins (Same as Goblins, just fitting better with the image of VII)
7) Gremlings (Resemble the small goblins, except smarter)
8) Vampires
9) Trolls
10) Minotaurs

Does that satisfy you?

I would simply insist that Halfings be taken out entirely, since you already have Dwarves and Gremlings. So why have another short race?

And then we can vote to either have lizardmen, gnolls, or orcs.

I would perfer Gnolls, because we can then have something that could resemble a bit of African in the game. Since Gnolls resemble Hyenas which are African.

Appearance wise...

Humans

For humans each appearance should divided out into four and be easy to take in for the different major ethnicities in the world. Which measn the appearances for humans must be ethnically friendly for actual humans to consider.

High Elves

High Elves are nature loving, athletic looking, pointy ear, fair skin, slightly taller than normal human hominids. They are more intelligent, clever, moralistic, and simple-minded than their human relatives. Yet they value life and pride of their people more than any human.

Dark Elves

Dark Elves appear much in the same as High Elves except the dark arcane magic that they can use changes their appears to considerable degrees, making them dark toned in different fashionable colors like Blue, Black, Violet, and Grey. Their eyes glow unlike their high elf cousins and maybe the only thing one can see in the place that they dwell before overtaken in an instance of assassination. Dark Elves are like Ninjas to put it bluntly. They like the dark, they live in the dark, their lives styles are pretty dark, and they perfer to remain in the dark. They are simply all dark, but in a ninja sort of way. They perfer to remain well hidden and they to be well clothed like a Ninja. Or simply to stay it correct, they are the Ninja Elves. However, Dark Elves do have light color hair which comes from their ghastly delight of cruel intentions.

Dwarves

Dwarves are an honorable race of people. More so than any other, but their sense of honor can be tainted by their thirst of greed. But this makes them excellent miners and enterpreneurs. They are also great blacksmithing and marketing their products worldwide, making them a greatly established world power in the might and magic world. Dwarves are generally short between 4 and 5 feet in height and most oftenly come with a beard, sturdy appearance, and large hands, ears, and feet. They sort of appear like short humans, except with their difference in the size of their hands, ears, feet, and physical appeal of muscles. This is because even though Dwarves are short, they have great strength which even rivals that of Minotaurs.

Hobgoblins

Hobgoblins are like their goblin brothers except taller, more agile, stronger, and dumber. But where they lack in smarts they make up for in cunningness and their instincts to manage well in a fight without any.

Gremlings

Gremlings are related to goblins and hobgoblins but altered to become smart and inventive engineers. They are around the size of goblin, except with certain facial differences. But they retain the same poor use of moral conduct, which makes them bad to do business with.

Vampires

Vampires are undead humans or elves that have retained their physical appears to a degree. They hate sunlight like the dark elves, but it actually hurts them rather than being there for their displeasure. Vampires also have unique eyes like the dark elves, but a more pale skin color and unique style of clothing. Mainly they wear such attire to attract unsuspecting visitors or guest before luring them off as a snack.

*Halflings

I perfer not having Halflings and Gremlings in the same game. Mainly because one is suppose to replace the other.

Instead of Halflings, I perfer installing Gnolls.

Gnolls are were-hyenas and make great warriors as that of hobgoblins. But they lack speed due to their large and tall size. For what they lack, they make up for with their accuracy. They are generally much as what their habitat gives, with a tribal and safari likeness. Gnolls are master hunters and equals to dark elves and vampires in using the dark arts.

Come on, you can't have it all European. I mean Ninjas were introduced in the earlier installments and they are an Asian class. And you had witch doctors in another might and magic game, which resemble African. So you got to have something African culturally that are potential good-guys, that still goes along with what is already installed. And Gnoll fit that perfectly.

Trolls

Tall, bulky, and stupid sums it up for the Trolls. They are so good with self regenerating that can make a reliable defender for those of us that perfer having a troll in our group.

Minotaurs

Brash, aggressive, and strong. The Minotaurs make an awesome force to reckon with, but their lack of great eye sight makes them horrible archers. But they are decent in the use of magic and such.
Last edited by Planet_Pluto on 27 Nov 2006, 01:09, edited 2 times in total.

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 27 Nov 2006, 08:38

Last off-topic posts removed. I strongly recommend to drop any personal issues from your further posts.

EDIT:Some extensive editing to existing posts. Hopefully got all "misunderstandings due to cultural differences" out. And everyone should know the unwritten rule of CH RT: discussions on politics, religions etc. personal preferences are not appreciated. There is only one religion here, that is MM. There is only one political question: ancients or kreegans? And, oh well, you got me, we do actually tolerate ethnic elves, skeletons and gremlins here (Not to mention that the admin is an orc) as long as they behave well.

Justice
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Justice » 27 Nov 2006, 16:57

Gooooood Moooooorning Round Table :hoo: always thought that when seeing that --> :hoo: smiley :D

Good post there Pitsu lol :D hope I got everything out now, but I got to run. Think I just mentioned one thing... And hope so too :)

Anyways, I'm not going to answer all that personal stuff of yours, but you have quite a lot of wronge facts and will do my best to enlighten you ;)

(and just pretend these " " are quote markers. To long a post to take it bit for bit and put in quotes :D)

Agree with all but the Inn and that it has to be 8 characters. Never really liked that Inn option in the old MMs and 8 characters seemed like overkill to me.
"Why?"

Why I never liked that inn option? Because I am a RPG player. I like to feel like I'm a part of the plot. If I change my party in the midway, then I don't know them. And I would rather have temples and the abbility to resurrect easily than change party :D

Or did you aks why 8 characters seem like to much? Too many characters to create. Too many characters to distribute to. Kinda breakes the feeling of an small party that performs options an army can't, exactly because they are few. And because it looks rather stupid with eight folkes on the screen :D

"Why is Sci-Fi a must? This is fantasy, right? Fantasy is a different genre."

Have you only played MM IX? There have ben game defining Sci Fi elements in the MM series from MM I. In MM I - V they were the plot. In VI - VII they were a extreemly big part of the plot, and in VIII we find out, in the end, that Escaton is a Destroyer. A robot created by the ancients and he is here to destroy the Kreegans who are aliens and use alien technology.

1) was what I just wrote.
"Prove it."

ehm :| because you talked about 6 party members, being able to hire two more, and I just had wrote why I wouldn't like that :|

"I said something like HoMM V music. And how would it not fit there?"

Different game, different music. Apart from that Might and Magic has always had a different atmosphere and had different, but better, music.
3) I think eight or 6 schools of elemental magic is a bit of an overkill.
"How would you know if something is or isn't an overkill."

Because it feels like an overkill? Or perhaps because it would look rather crowded? Or perhaps because the magics would get repetitive and half of them never used?
Just use the same as before there. Air, Water, Earth and fire.
"But Ice and Water are not the same. Ice is an element that conflicts Fire. Water is an element that conflicts lightning."

What happens to water when it gets cold?

"Air isn't even an element. Its Wind. And Wind and Lightning are not the same."

THere would be too few or repetitive magics for air and lightning if they were divided. And I like the classical Greek idea that MM uses.
THey were perfect and have the historical background.
"They are not perfect as I have mentioned earlier. Ice and Water are not the same. And the same goes for Wind and Lightning. Stop being so ultra conservative and accept this proposal, since it makes sense."

Must not get personal... Pitsu says no... count to 10... Ignore, ignore...
Phew, better now :) does not make sense in my mind I'm afraid :)

"Besides elements are suppose to have a theme to portray their characteristics."

Never heard anyone but you complain about that Air + lightining and water + ice don't fit into one another :)

"The basic theme with Might and Magic's four elements goes with the christian theme of four. Which goes back with the Earth historical context of the word four. Or with the movie, fifth element. "

I'm Christian myself and I believe the Chrisitan theme is 3. The Father, The son and The Holy Ghost. Body, Mind and Spiritual life... However the Greeks did operate a lot with Air, Water, Fire and Air while we operate with atoms instead of that :) Never watched that movie though. I don't like Television.

"When fire is touched by water, it dies. Water on the other hands turns into steam. It still is water, water vapor to be exact. So there is no connection on making fire and water opposing forces. "

So, are you saying that lighting kills water :| think a bit more happens to water with heath as the oponent than when lighting is the oponent... and lightning can easily co - operate with water. We just don like the result :D

"You need to step out of the twentieth century of thinking and start accepting more proven and true ideologies. Even if they are base on the real world or from other fantasy games."

Personal again, but I have this feeling of that MM happens in a universe that seems strangely old :D and you've not convinced me that your idea is more modern ;)

"Grey magic? Body, Mind, and Spirit are enough. Time was just something I added if people want to travel through time as something new."

Greay magic would be graet, since it also can fit time. And afterall, you said yourself we need to step out of the 20ieth century, the world isn't white and dark :D there is a lot of grey to the world too :)
"It's six actually.

Body, Mind, Spirit, Time, Dark, and Light.

Like before you could never get your facts straight."

Actually Clerics only have Body, Mind and Spirit B-) the upgrades of light or dark in MM VII have either light or dark (bringing it up on four then, but still only 3 for clerics) and in the other games it is also only once they are fully upgraded they get acces to Dark and Light... And then they aren't priests any longer :D Time is not one of the magics (atleast in IV - IX) so they never surpase five. Even when fully upgraded and they not are clerics :D
"Kreegans were demons, not aliens. Are extradimensional beings, aliens? If that is true then I guess all Elementals, Demons, Angels, and various other creatures are all aliens. "

The Kreegans were aliens if anything is aliens :D they came in spaceships, not from our palnet, lived outside our solarsystem and want to destroy us liek most aliens in movies tend to do.- While the Ancients are the good folkes that try to exterminate them and they are also aliens :)

"I don't remember that at all in MM6 or MM7 nor even in MM8. You must be talking about something from Wizardry. "

I'm sure all MM fans agree with me on that subject and I've never palyed Wizardry.
7) Talked about that before.
"Sure you have pal... sure you have...

Got no proof then don't say anything. "

Oh my God... Look what I found at the top of the post you are quoting from :O

Agree with all but the Inn and that it has to be 8 characters. Never really liked that Inn option in the old MMs and 8 characters seemed like overkill to me. Would prefeer 4 and being able to hire up to two helpers, that help in the same way as MM VI - VII.- Especially the Sci-Fi is a must.

8) That would be way to large for them to create, although I would like that :D
"Roland Ironfist is not in another universe, yet rather from another planet in the same universe. "

Unfortuantly you are wrong :( Ubival said they had forgotten all about the old universe, and are starting totally anew. They say they won't have any connections at all to the old universe, but that's what the MM fans want, so we can always hope :)
10) Dislike hobgoblins, but goblins would be fine.
"The two are the same except hobgoblins are taller and more warrior like."

That's the difference and that's why I prefeer Goblings :D
Not Gnolls or Orcs either, but haflings would be great.
"Why not gnolls nor orcs? Are you against were-creatures? Were-boars and were hyenas? And besides halflings have been used for too much. Do you want this to become something like a twin of Wizardry Eight? Or maybe even a clone of D&D?

Gnolls and Orcs are a must to keep. Especially since Orcs in M&M are not the same as that in Warcraft. Warcraft has ogre based orcs. Orcs which appear similar to the ogres in M&M. M&M has orcs base off of boars. "

I've never palyed Wizarddry as I said and I simply dislike Orcs and Gnolls. That orc you showed is also from HoMM IV. Orcs have never ben a race in MM, and I dislike them, just like I dislike Gnolls while I like Hafflings, although they neither have ben in MM.- But they sem to fit better into the MM universe of old.

I J and K are neither that great in my opinion and I absolutely hate to play as a dragon.
"That's because you have wyrmaphobia. I mean how can anyone hate dragons. You must be one of the minority of players of Might and Magic. Because I could have sworn there were millions of people world wide that love dragons. And most of them want to play as a dragon. Maybe playing Spyro creeped you out so much that you deem to make it a living hell for everyone who felt differently, like me."

Quite a lot of folkes complained dragons are to powerfull, and how do you nerf a dragon? If you want to play as a dragon, you won't accept a human at lvl 1 is as good as your lvl1 dragon. it simply doesn't work :(
I hated the class system from MM IX. And I would like lots of variety from the start rather than just two classes...
"True... true..."

See :D we can agree :)

Afraid I got to go no though, I can probaly reply in some hours when I get bakc. Got to go to my theory and play some tuba first though.

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 27 Nov 2006, 17:29

I have played almost all MM games since the second one and I agree with Justice on the following points :

• Sci-fi has always been in MM. Want proof ?

In Might and Magic III :

ImageImage

In Might and Magic V :

In Might and Magic VII the last dungeon is a sunken spaceship and the "evil" ending is about mass-producing blasters and high-tech weaponry to take over the world !

• Kreegans are not demons, but really are aliens. They tried to invade the Ancients' worlds at the dawn of time and this war gave birth to the legends about demons.

• Dragons are powerful, legendary creatures, and making them playable as PCs is just a bad idea.

By the way, Planet_Pluto your statement about "Wood Elves" not being a part of Might and Magic is not completely true. In the old Might and Magic universe, there was no such thing like "High Elves" or "Wood Elves". There were, simply, Elves. It was only in MM8 that the "Shadow Elves" appeared, and they were red-skinned if my memory is good.

But it doen't matter much now, as UbiSoft ditched the old universe, so if a MMX is ever done it will take place in their new setting, Ashan (like Heroes 5 and Dark Messiah). And I must add it will lose most of its charm to me.

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 27 Nov 2006, 18:43

Well, sci-fi has been in every M&M game up to MM7. I can't recall any of this stuff in MM8, nor in MM9 though in the MM8 character editor it's possible to give party the blaster skill, and it depends how one defines what exactly is Arslegard in MM9. According to Tim Lang, the gods in MM9 were not Ancients. I have to admit that those final sci-fi quests were quite weird but maybe that's what made Might and Magic so special? AFAIK there are no plans to introduce the sci-fi element in Ashan...
• Kreegans are not demons, but really are aliens. They tried to invade the Ancients' worlds at the dawn of time and this war gave birth to the legends about demons.
Kreegans indeed are demons but they are aliens as well. Say, Kreeganaliens and everyone is happy. :D
• Dragons are powerful, legendary creatures, and making them playable as PCs is just a bad idea.
Possibly, but that was an interesting experience though they were totally unbalanced. However I wouldn't like to see them return as playable race again.
By the way, Planet_Pluto your statement about "Wood Elves" not being a part of Might and Magic is not completely true. In the old Might and Magic universe, there was no such thing like "High Elves" or "Wood Elves". There were, simply, Elves. It was only in MM8 that the "Shadow Elves" appeared, and they were red-skinned if my memory is good.
In Jadame live Dark Elves, quite similar in appearance to Morrowind's Dark Elves (actually I should have said vice versa since Morrowind was released two years after MM8 ;)). They were pretty much civilized and had a small community in one of the towns, didn't notice any crawling in trees.
But it doen't matter much now, as UbiSoft ditched the old universe, so if a MMX is ever done it will take place in their new setting, Ashan (like Heroes 5 and Dark Messiah). And I must add it will lose most of its charm to me.
Might be, because of lots of players will miss the sci-fi element, I'm not sure about myself. Anyway, time will tell, and probably it won't be up to us who will influence Ubisoft to start working on the game, but the sales of H5 and Dark Messiah.

Justice
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Justice » 27 Nov 2006, 20:25

Sci - Fi is also in MM VIII :) The Destroyer, or Escaton, is quite Sci _ Fi like :D

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 27 Nov 2006, 20:52

Whoops! See, this is what happens when I don't play a M&M game for about a year. :S Well, Escaton was basically the only Sci-Fi element in MM8 anyway. :)

Roderick
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Roderick » 28 Nov 2006, 13:38

well, I hope that MMX will be something like a return to MM6 cause I think tak it was the best MM ever. There cuold be more new skills, races, spells and other things. I don't think that new graphic is a necessary but it could be...

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 28 Nov 2006, 14:43

arturchix wrote:
Marzhin wrote:It was only in MM8 that the "Shadow Elves" appeared, and they were red-skinned if my memory is good.
In Jadame live Dark Elves, quite similar in appearance to Morrowind's Dark Elves (actually I should have said vice versa since Morrowind was released two years after MM8 ;)). They were pretty much civilized and had a small community in one of the towns, didn't notice any crawling in trees.
The "Dark Elves" of Jadame are the one I was reffering to by "Shadow Elves" (they were called "Elfes de l'Ombre" in the french version). And I was just saying before MM8 there were no such things as Wood Elves, High Elves or Dark Elves. There were just Elves. MM8 introduced Dark Elves and physically they had nothing in common with the Dunmers of Morrowind (except the facts they are humanoid with pointy ears) :

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 28 Nov 2006, 16:17

Marzhin wrote:The "Dark Elves" of Jadame are the one I was reffering to by "Shadow Elves" (they were called "Elfes de l'Ombre" in the french version). And I was just saying before MM8 there were no such things as Wood Elves, High Elves or Dark Elves. There were just Elves.
Not exactly.
There were also Vori Elves (ancestors of Avlee elves) with pale skin (introduced in H3 and MM7).
And in MM8 was introduced split in elven society - on Dark Elves (Jadame) and Light Elves (others). Just like in H5 - but i MM8 this two "fractions" aren't in state of war.

arturchix wrote:Kreegans indeed are demons but they are aliens as well.
Didn't peasants call Kreegans Devils (not demons)? IIRC Kreegans were named that because they looked like devils from peasants' legends.

And now some sugestions about MMX:
- Big cities - like Free Haven or Ravenshore when you can lost direction (I don't remeber any other game when you can get lost in city)
- Own castle or another building - where you can storage junk from adventures (like relicts or quest items or books) and village which you can upgrades (funding mine, shops, defences - something like village in Bloodmoon - Morrowind's expansion)
- Choose good or bad side (or maybe neutral)
- Alchemy, Traiding (MM7-8), Bounty Hunting - they weren't in MM9 and game was empry and boring (for me) without these little things
- Able to play game after complate main quest (like in MM6-9)
- Blasters (but only on the end of game or after end of game)
- and sci-fi

tottin
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

What I would like

Unread postby tottin » 28 Nov 2006, 19:15

1) 4-6 characters, all created before you start. I HATE starting with just one character and hiring more later.

2) An additional two helpers hired as you go.

3) ArcoMage!

4) The same combat system as in MM6-8 (haven't played the rest). This is very important, if MMX becomes purely real-time I will never play it.

5) The same magic schools as in MM6-8, maybe with the addition of grey magic as someone suggested.

6) Auto-map that marks all buildings you have visited automatically (including those that are empty) and adds a note as to what they contain. I hate having to search for a building I have already visited, and I hate having to mark them manually.
Last edited by tottin on 28 Nov 2006, 21:02, edited 1 time in total.

tottin
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby tottin » 28 Nov 2006, 19:21

A couple of more things I do NOT want:

1) No adaptive monster difficulty as in Oblivion or Wizardry 8 where the monsters get tougher as you get tougher.

2) No 3D engine that requires a lot of camera movement. Keep it simple.

nynevergoingback
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Turn based combat

Unread postby nynevergoingback » 29 Nov 2006, 00:14

Turn based combat.

Everything else is just icing on the cake :)

Return to “Might and Magic”