MM6 Mok's patch. Additional patch.

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

MM6 Mok's patch. Additional patch.

Unread postby GrayFace » 23 Nov 2006, 15:42

I've done some patching to MM6 in addition to Mok's patch. I implemented quicksave, fixed AlwaysRun a bit (rotating in turn-based made was slow) and made a few other changes. With Mok's patch I encountered hanging sometimes when entering lords and dying. Replacing the Miles Sound System dll with the old one fixed this. I'll soon release my patch, but I'd like to know what other problems are there with Mok's patch and how to contact Mok himself?
Last edited by Anonymous on 26 Nov 2006, 13:42, edited 1 time in total.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 26 Nov 2006, 13:39

Here's the patch: http://www.grayface.nm.ru/MM6patch.zip
[+] 2 Quick Saves
[-] AlwaysRun effects turning in turn-based mode now
[-] Town Portal pauses the game now
[+] No Death Movie option
[+] CapsLock Toggle AlwaysRun may be disabled
[-] MSS32.dll is reverted to the old version to avoid hanging when entering lords or dying

About Quick Saves:
QuickSaveKey is the F key you press to save the game. By default it's 11 which means F11. E.g. if you assign it 5, F5 will save the game.
QuickSaveSlot1 and QuickSaveSlot2 are Quick Saves slots. If you assign 0 to one of them, it will be disabled.

To install the patch, unzip it to the game directory and run MM6patch.exe
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 26 Nov 2006, 15:39

Thanks, nice patch! :)

Aku
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Aku » 26 Nov 2006, 16:13

Doesn't seem to work. It produces error "(3.3) C:\Games\MIGHTA~1\mss32.dll: Pager initialisation error 2 - Nie można odnaleźć określonego pliku." and shrinker.err file with the same text.

BTW I'm using polish winxp sp2 and the text after error means it couldn't find the file which is strange since it's there ;)
Any help from the author?

Edit. I think the problem is with your mss32.dll since i reverted to old exe (after Mok's) and it produced the same error.

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 26 Nov 2006, 20:52

I had to use the MSS32.dll, which is provided by Mok's patch - I got the same error message from the other one.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 27 Nov 2006, 18:24

Yes, I think it's because of the library. I my case the new dll produced bugs, but my installation differs much from the normal one. I wasn't able to install Mok's patch clearly, because I have Russian version of the game. It wasn't able to patch any lods. It didn't install at all before I patched the patch installer and removed games.lod version checking. :)

Aku
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Aku » 28 Nov 2006, 08:51

So does this mean that your patch is for russian version only?
Can you consider making it compatible with english version?

(Personally I hate localised versions of anything Might & Magic. I have polish version of MM7 and it's terrible. I have also polish MM8 and it's much better, but english version is still superior.)

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 30 Nov 2006, 14:17

I've removed old mss32.dll from my patch to make no confusion. If you have problems when entering lords or diing, you can find old mss32.dll here: http://www.grayface.nm.ru/oldmss32.zip
Aku wrote:So does this mean that your patch is for russian version only?
Yes, it's compatible with english version. And since it requires Mok's patch installed, it's compatible only with english version.
Aku wrote:(Personally I hate localised versions of anything Might & Magic. I have polish version of MM7 and it's terrible. I have also polish MM8 and it's much better, but english version is still superior.)
I don't like them too, but that's all I have.

Aku
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Aku » 01 Dec 2006, 10:58

Ah, now it works. ;) When I'll have some more time to play I'll tell you if I encounter any problems.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 14 Mar 2007, 16:12

I've updated the patch. Now you are able to change controls. The address is the same: http://www.grayface.nm.ru/MM6patch.zip

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 17 Mar 2007, 17:08

I fixed a small, but sad bug thanks to CleriC (not from this forum). QuickSave was toggled many times when holding thekey. The link is the same.

Return to “Might and Magic”