Castle Darkmoor - Unlmt. XP?

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
rubiconiii
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Castle Darkmoor - Unlmt. XP?

Unread postby rubiconiii » 15 Nov 2006, 19:58

I'm playing mm6 now for my third run - this time killing EVERYTHING except peasants. Now there is this funny room in Castle Darkmoor in which you create three Greater Liches every time you step on some special squares - I've grown used to that these XP machines always run dry sooner or later. But I've stepped on those squares 40+ times and it doesn't seem to have an end - is this one indefinite? ;|

Other XP machines/ambushes that I know of:
Kriegspire well that generates 8 Energy Drakes with every useful sip - up to 400.
Rockham well that generates 8 Fire Archers each time touched - don't remember the limit.
White Cap well that generates 6 Magyar Matrons each time touched - don't remember the limit.
Castle Stone well that generates 6 Fire Archers each time touched - don't remember the limit.
Castle Alamos pool that generates 8 Air Elementals each time crossed - about 20-30.
Werewolf Lair points that generate 2 Wolfmen and 4 Expert Swordsmen when crossed - did not count them as it seemed endless at a point.

If you know more locations, further details, corrections or have any comments please share them with us. :-D

RubiconIII the Heretic

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Castle Darkmoor - Unlmt. XP?

Unread postby Pitsu » 15 Nov 2006, 21:04

rubiconiii wrote: Kriegspire well that generates 8 Energy Drakes with every useful sip - up to 400.
You surely had some fun with these tests. 8|

As all the areas reset in certain times on could tell that the XP and killing never ends. No?

CoffeeGnome
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby CoffeeGnome » 24 Oct 2007, 23:17

Don't forget the well in Kregspire that first teleports you into the minotaur dungeon and then adds 4 minotaur mages to the room every time you enter through the well. This was not a pleasant surprize for me the 1st time I found out. I did not try and test a limit.

hovgaard
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby hovgaard » 25 Mar 2009, 09:31

Neither liches, nor werewolves are unlimited.
My very rough estimations show their limit of about 150 or so.
Pretty much, agree, but far from unlim. Just keep smashing, more patience, and enjoy your level-ups!

Talin_Trollbane
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Talin_Trollbane » 25 Mar 2009, 15:50

wasnt there a rock in Freehaven that spawned archers everytime you clicked it? or was that in another M&M game?

curse my memory! :disagree:
Ultima, Elder Scrolls and Might and Magic Veteran.

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 25 Mar 2009, 19:11

Talin_Trollbane wrote:wasnt there a rock in Freehaven that spawned archers everytime you clicked it? or was that in another M&M game?

curse my memory! :disagree:
It was a well, and it's in his list - just that it's in the area Freehaven but in the town Rockwell (the small town west of Freehaven itself, where the master body building dude resides, people buy circus stuff and there's a tavern with the Cavalier promotion quest dude).

Talin_Trollbane
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Talin_Trollbane » 25 Mar 2009, 19:33

huh, i was pretty sure it was a rock., oh well.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 26 Mar 2009, 00:08

All monsters generated in these ways are limited - same with dragonflies on Emerald Island in MM7 or pirates on Dagger Wound Island in MM8.

Oh and it was well in Rockham for 105%. :D

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 26 Mar 2009, 01:53

I always liked how it said "look out!" when you clicked it. Friendly little well.. :)

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 26 Mar 2009, 18:36

Just one more place with "click me to summon monsters" - cooking pot on Gharik's Forge island on New Sorpigal map - lots of goblins.

jeffh
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby jeffh » 26 Mar 2009, 20:39

How many times can you kill the Dagger Wound pirates? I just assumed there was no limit, having done it maybe 10-12 times.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 26 Mar 2009, 20:43

Don't know - I was killing them to late night or to next day but killed them all (no futher respawn).
Similar with dragonflies in MM7 - I spent about 3 weeks to killing them (they respawn lated each second day).

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 27 Mar 2009, 00:38

Huh? The dragonflies respawn? Lol I guess I never stayed long enough to actually see that :D

Talin_Trollbane
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Talin_Trollbane » 27 Mar 2009, 01:37

jeffh wrote:How many times can you kill the Dagger Wound pirates? I just assumed there was no limit, having done it maybe 10-12 times.
yeah they stop coming after awhile, which is a pity since they are a great way to get some levels. :)

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 27 Mar 2009, 05:57

Yeah but by the time they stop spawning you would probably have gotten sick of killing them again and again anyway right?

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 27 Mar 2009, 08:28

Wrong. :P

Talin_Trollbane
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Talin_Trollbane » 27 Mar 2009, 21:00

nah, its fun running allover that mountain shooting arrows into them, and the lizard men helps too.

but one time the lizardmen lost badly and the pirates (by themselves, i was on the otherside then, so they didnt follow me or anything) managed to enter the village and over-ran the merchant wagons and the armor shop.

so i ended up having to help the few lizardmen guards to beat back some 5-6 pirates. :)

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 27 Mar 2009, 22:18

Talin_Trollbane wrote:but one time the lizardmen lost badly and the pirates (by themselves, i was on the otherside then, so they didnt follow me or anything) managed to enter the village and over-ran the merchant wagons and the armor shop.

so i ended up having to help the few lizardmen guards to beat back some 5-6 pirates. :)
That is awesome! Those pirates musta been pretty lucky :D

Talin_Trollbane
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Talin_Trollbane » 28 Mar 2009, 03:21

it was pretty random, im guessing they followed some injured retreating lizardman back, i was standing below the cannon east of the wagons and shooting arrows at the other pirate group, so when i turned around to go back up to the village they where already fighting at the armorshop.

jeffh
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby jeffh » 28 Mar 2009, 03:37

Macros the Black wrote:Huh? The dragonflies respawn? Lol I guess I never stayed long enough to actually see that :D
I've had it happen before my eyes, when playing Maestro's mod (which replaces some of them with goblins, so it was actually the goblins I saw appear out of nowhere). In that mod, not only is there an easy way to get back to Emerald Island, but you pretty much have to do so at least twice, so the respawns are more likely to matter.

Return to “Might and Magic”