MMVII Arch Druid Promo help

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
magerette
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

MMVII Arch Druid Promo help

Unread postby magerette » 14 Nov 2006, 18:57

I'm in Zokars Tomb, I have Zokar's remains, I am clicking away as well as using spacebar on the sarcophogus on the first floor and getting nothing. Am I supposed to drop the old boy's skull on the floor and leave or what?Am I in the wrong place? I am in the barrow marked with the ankh sign that also contains the meditation spot for Initiate downstairs.

Appreciate any help here--this is getting old.

Sir William S Titan
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Sir William S Titan » 14 Nov 2006, 19:22

Okay. A few questions for a better idea:

Do you have the quest? It's likely that you do, but still needs to be asked.

Do you have his remains in your inventory or are you "holding" them? Not really sure this would matter, but I've always just kept the remains in my inventory while using the spacebar on the sarcophogus.
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 500 character limit

magerette
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby magerette » 14 Nov 2006, 19:27

Yes, I have the quest. I have tried both ways--holding the skull on the mouse point and leaving it in my druid's inventory and using the spacebar. Just a minute ago I finally got it to balance on top of the coffin. Is this what is supposed to happen?

Sir William S Titan
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Sir William S Titan » 14 Nov 2006, 19:39

No. You need it to vanish from your inventory to simulate it being placed into the sarcophogus. Not sure why it's not.

I remember in MM6, for certain doors, you had to be right up against them for them to open. How close are you to the sarcophogus when trying to put the remains in there?

In case I can't help you out totally, you may want to try out this site:

http://telp.org
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 500 character limit

magerette
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby magerette » 14 Nov 2006, 19:53

Well, as you can imagine, I've pretty well tried every distance. As for MM6. I know what you mean-I always had trouble with putting the statues on the pedestals myself. The spacebar rules ; )
I really appreciate your tips-just knowing what is supposed to happen helps.
I'll try TELPs-haven't been there lately anyway.

Sir William S Titan
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Sir William S Titan » 14 Nov 2006, 20:05

Mok's patch may fix this. Though, I didn't know it was a problem. But it has been a while since I last played this game.
Signature:

magerette
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby magerette » 14 Nov 2006, 21:16

Mok's patch is what is letting me run this old but favorite game on XP. Ah, well--it's probably something really obvious that I'm missing--it usually is :)
I actually only loaded this up to play Arcomage, but one thing just led to another....
Thanks again for your help!

Sir William S Titan
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Sir William S Titan » 14 Nov 2006, 21:32

Maybe it's Mok's patch that introduced this problem, then. If so, it should probably be reported so it can be fixed. Likely, the best place to report it is at TELP. Not sure it is Mok's patch, but it worth a look into it.
Signature:

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 15 Nov 2006, 15:49

I have Mok's patch and have been able to complete the quest every time I have played the game on light side. If you've made sure that you have both the quest and the skull and that you have clicked on the sarcophagus located near the entrance to the tomb, this sounds really strange... Hmm... Was the skull being held by the first member of your party, and did you have the same character selected when you clicked on the sarcophagus?

Return to “Might and Magic”