MMVI -- Temple of the Moon Quest: Midnight? (Spoilerish)

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
AnarchoAmazons
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

MMVI -- Temple of the Moon Quest: Midnight? (Spoilerish)

Unread postby AnarchoAmazons » 03 Oct 2006, 09:20

What happens if you try to complete the Temple of the Moon quest (to become and arch druid for Loretta Fleise) if you haven't yet completed the Circle of Stones quest (to become a grand druid)?

I made triple certain I was doing this on a full moon, and as close to midnight as possible (several attempts around 11:59, 12:00am, and 12:01).

I get: "useless crystal" and no joy. But my question amounts to this:
Have I missed my chance to ever get this right ... or would my characters have to wait until the dungeon reset time (24 months?)

This is MM6 "Mandate of Heaven: Special Edition"

Anyway, I'll just restore of from before I started the Temple of Moon quest. I was clearing out the Lair of the Wolf when I noticed that it was day time of a full moon, so I just finished grabbing the scrolls from all thos skull piles and used Town Portal to gate back to Free Haven. My team of "amazons" (Paladin, Sorcerer, Druid, Archer) went in about noon, and had the all the altar rooms clear by 10pm (game time, of course --- about 20 minutes of wall clock time.

Then I'll try doing that Circle of Stones thing first and coming back to this Temple of the Moon all over. It's mid-August, 1165 in the game, so I have a month to run around and level up (from level 41). Considering how easy this dungeon for this group right now, it should be pathetic after another month of progress.

(I've completed 26 other quests so far --- and this group started by finding that Fly scroll at the bank and visiting the Shrine of the Gods within their first week or so of play --- taking just enough time to zip up to Castle Ironfist to buy chain, archery, and plate skills for everyone that could use it; if you're going to use the Shrine of the Gods hack then you might as well wear as much of the loot as you can --- so you have more room in your packs for potions! :D Also these characters have completed every pilgrimage since February and they've quaffed at just about every permanent potion raising well in the southwestern Enroth, from Blackshire back down to New Scorpigal. That includes a couple that killed and eradicated my characters, one after the other; my Paladin and my Druid *each* have Raise Dead and Resurrection --- so I just have each heal the other after those little foibles).

Marelt Ekiran
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Marelt Ekiran » 05 Oct 2006, 02:11

A quest cannot be completed if it has not been given to you in the first place. In order for Loretta to give you the second quest, you must have completed the first one.

millionmilesaway
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby millionmilesaway » 05 Nov 2006, 10:46

Marelt Ekiran wrote:A quest cannot be completed if it has not been given to you in the first place. In order for Loretta to give you the second quest, you must have completed the first one.
Gotta correct you on that point, the crystal of (whatever he's called) needed to become an archmage is an exception. I normally get it before visiting the fountain, needed for becoming a wizard. :rolleyes:

I believe it'll work out for you and your druid, just as Marelt Ekiran says, however there are these kinds of bugs in the series. I'm simply saying that they do exist. One of them happened to me in mm8. I had an archer and after having cleansed a landscape of monsters I reached the woman to whom I was sent by some lord, in order to get my archer's last promotion. As I "picked her up", having her as NPC I couldn't get my promotion. Simply because I pressed spacebar twice, hence talking to her twice, thereby making her an NPC and hence missing the only chance of promotion; as one needed to talk to her first asking for promotion before making her an NPC. To me that was a serious setback in the game, I had to drop my best character and replace with another lad - I got around though. I went through the game quite fine, however I lost quite a lot of time having to drop a character I had chosen from the beginning! I'll quote Forrest Gump on this: "Sh-it happens." :beheading:

Return to “Might and Magic”