NEWSFLASH - Ubi Dev Announces MMX Intentions!

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Lord_Haart
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

NEWSFLASH - Ubi Dev Announces MMX Intentions!

Unread postby Lord_Haart » 25 Aug 2006, 13:06

The folowing question and answer is taken from the www.mightandmagic.com website, it's the last of a recently posted set of dark messiah Q & A.

Basically, Ubi admits it made DMoMM not as a replacement for MMX, but rather as a completely new facet of the MM series. Ubi does admit that making an MMX would be challenging, but I think that they might also mean that since it's such a "long and chalenging process", they intend to start soon or have already begun.

Znork: Why make Dark Messiah instead of Might & Magic X?
Because we are making Dark Messiah does not mean that there will be no Might&Magic X in the future. Developing an RPG like Might&Magic is a very long and challenging process, especially if you want to renew your approach on the genre. We made Dark Messiah because there was an opportunity to bring a new approach to fantasy gaming, to make it more immersive and action-oriented.

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 25 Aug 2006, 13:22

Yeah, they're giving the same answer each time someone asks about MMX. That means nothing.

Kristo
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Kristo » 25 Aug 2006, 13:38

I agree, I think you're reading too much into that reponse. Until someone comes out and puts MM10 on a schedule, the closest thing we'll have is the Might and Magic Tribute.

Justice
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Justice » 26 Aug 2006, 11:45

About the same thing that Fabrice said 6 months ago... Nothing has ben announced or said since then :cry:

Posted this thing 27 february on castlegobs:

From the Celestial Heavens... this was the most interesting piece of news:
Why did Ubisoft decide to make HoMM5 first rather than a Might and Magic role-playing game (MMX)? Was it felt that this was the stronger title?

If a Heroes game is complex to do well, it is even more complex to do a good RPG game in today’s standards. If we do one, we’ll want to have it compete with the best in the genre, and that means a lot of work. The first step, finding the perfect team with a track record, being already quite a high entry ticket. However, we are committed to reviving the brand as a whole, so there will be more news in the future…
all of it can be found here:
CH interview

Return to “Might and Magic”