Monks.....

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
rudi70
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Monks.....

Unread postby rudi70 » 18 Aug 2006, 04:16

Helloo fellow warriors.
I am glad to see, not to be the only M&M enthusiast.
There is one ding I noticed although.In most teams there is the Monk missing.The veterans here will know,but many others don`t realise,how powerfull the Monks are.I don`t want to get u bored,but a refresher my not hurt.
The Monk is one of the games coolest classes.Deadly wiith their fists or staves,to hit even when they are not wearing armor.They are heavy hitters.At high level they also use Magic and they can combine their skills to make them even better.
Unarmed and Dodging are the staples of the Monk.If these two skills are not enough,then be amazed when u hear that they can Grandmaster them as well as the Staff.A Grandmaster at Staff can use both,the Staff and Unarmed in combat.A Grandmaster in Dodging can use both,Dodging and Leather Armor.That makes him cool.Grandmaster for Learning and Bodybuilding should also be obtained.Mastery at Armsmaster just makes him better.
I never leave home without a Monk in my party.They become real killing mashines.In my experince, it is best to keep them armed until about level 14.I just keep a bow in reserve for a ranged attack.
At present I have a party of 4 Monks and oh boy,its fun to see how easy they get rid of the enemies.
Have finished the games from 6-9 many times but,M&M 7 is my top game.
Have fun.Rudi

Apeman
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Apeman » 18 Aug 2006, 09:22

Not to curb you enthousiasm but your 4 monk party will soon no longer be fun. I tried the exact same party and you will not have a fun time walking through the tunnels to the land of the giants (medusas will paralyze and stone you). Even with grandmaster staff, leather, unarmed and learning they were not dishing enough damage to compete with the knight or the sorcerer for that matter.

IMO I like all the other classes better.

rudi70
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

To Apeman...

Unread postby rudi70 » 18 Aug 2006, 12:23

Hi Matey.
Thanks for ur message.U may be right with 4 of the Monks.In my previous party I had 2 of them and I was soo pleased,so I wanted to try 4.
At the moment I put a stop on M&M for awhile.Am playing Diablo on Battlenet.
Have a nice day.Rudi

Marelt Ekiran
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Marelt Ekiran » 19 Aug 2006, 01:49

Yeah... they can be strong, but eventually a monk is just a melee fighter. So a four-monk party eventually suffers from the same problem as an all-knight party. In the early game, they barge through monsters like the proverbial hot knive through butter. However, later on, you are harmed by the inability to use magic, get into a ranged fight and fight monsters with disabling or status inflicting skills.

rudi70
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

re: Marelt Ekiiran...

Unread postby rudi70 » 19 Aug 2006, 02:56

Yes my friend,u r also right.Therefore I keep always bows in reseve for the Monks in case they are needed.But not just simple bows.I go lookin for very good one.For example,after killing that Dragon on Emerald Isle I loot him until I got good Bows.And after the Monks become Master,they can use Magic on expert lvl.That gives Hammerhands,Regeneration,just to name some.There is actually a lot u can do with them buggers.Hehehehee.....
Thanks and have a good day.Rudi

Return to “Might and Magic”