Dark Messiah Unlocks

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
slakinator
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Dark Messiah Unlocks

Unread postby slakinator » 11 Aug 2006, 00:37

Ok, i decided i wanted a bit more out of the demo so i decided to go looking around for some stuff. I foudn this stuff on the Ubi forums enjoy.
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/ ... 7691028074
I found it easier to make a copy of the existing cfg file in the folder and paste it do a different location and rename it myconfig and edit it with the binds because the text file has to have some options enabled on windows that can be annoying. also, when u add to the target of the demo shorcut u need a space after the existing text. hope u can figure it out. its pretty sweet to blast the crap outa goblins with lightning bolt.

pardon my rough format i'm not very savvy with forums :)

slakinator
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby slakinator » 11 Aug 2006, 17:47

btw this unlocks all the spells/abilities and gives them to you, doesnt only make them available. and, dont be afraid to respond to my posts :) i may be a noob to the forums but noobs need love too lol

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 11 Aug 2006, 18:10

Well, I love you, and I would love you even more if you used that Edit button instead of replying to yourself. ;)

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 11 Aug 2006, 19:19

As soon as I hone my combat skills a bit more,Ill try spawning some orcs it the lake,and then electrify them :devious: I love those unlocks,thanks.

Warlock
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Warlock » 11 Aug 2006, 20:31

DaemianLucifer wrote:As soon as I hone my combat skills a bit more,Ill try spawning some orcs it the lake,and then electrify them :devious: I love those unlocks,thanks.
I tried to freeze the lake but no dice :( For a game that strives to be realistic there are a lot of things you can't do (I tried to burn some trees growing out of the wall too and they wouldn't burn)

Lord_Haart
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Lord_Haart » 21 Aug 2006, 09:33

And there's some very cool things you CAN do - knock NPCs into each other to push them over, shoot arrows through flames to make thme catch fire, decapitate enemies, ice the ground and make them slip, backstab them, choke them with a staff, etc. Can't wait for the open MP beta (supposedly 6pm GMT+0 on 21st Aug, ie today). I'm GMT+8 - does that mean 2am on the 22nd for me, or 10am on the 21st?

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 22 Aug 2006, 01:14

10am on the 21st Lord Haart .... are u in australia??

or somewhere else on the same line as me? I am also +8 hours
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Lord_Haart
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Lord_Haart » 23 Aug 2006, 09:46

Well, rumors were unfounded.

Supposedly some people got an email about the SP demo that mentioned the release of the MP beta on the 21/8/06 - but there was a * next to it with a footnote saying the date was subject to change depending on development. There are so few of these emails going around that I think they decided to keep quiet instead of announcing a delay.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 24 Aug 2006, 00:49

I'll take that as a "no comment" then shall i? :D
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Lord_Haart
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Lord_Haart » 24 Aug 2006, 18:18

On a recent video interview, a dev said the beta would come out August 29th.

There's also some french theing were if you pre-order now, you mihgt get access to the closed beta for the next week (until the open beta takes over). So that's like an early entry.

Return to “Might and Magic”