PLZ HELP i bought mm7 and cant get it installed

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
slipknot377
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

PLZ HELP i bought mm7 and cant get it installed

Unread postby slipknot377 » 08 Aug 2006, 20:21

ok every1 i no how 2 play might and magic VII once you get it installed but i cant get it installed !!! :( usualy at either 11 or 17% i get a message saying

an error occured during the move data process -128

Componet:porgram files
File Group:program files
File:bitmaps.lod

does anyone no what this meens or more importantly how to fix it please im begging for help any at all would b GREATLY GREATLY appreciated

DaveO
Demon
Demon

Unread postby DaveO » 09 Aug 2006, 14:17

Two possibilities. Either the CD is damaged and you won't be able to install at all, or you could check if your CD drive needs a firmware upgrade. If you have another CD Rom drive or computer to try installing the game on it, that could narrow down if it's a drive or media issue.
I'd rather be part bull than a complete sheep.

Sgt_BFG
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Sgt_BFG » 11 Aug 2006, 09:48

Did you try compatability modes? some games can't install games on certain machines because of that.

Or you could try using a program to make an ISO of the CD and you could copy that ISO onto a blank disc and install from that.

Silence
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Silence » 11 Aug 2006, 10:05

Sgt_BFG wrote: Or you could try using a program to make an ISO of the CD and you could copy that ISO onto a blank disc and install from that.
Wouldn't it be simpler to try to copy entire CD to harddrive and start the installation from harddrive?
It sounds like there is a scratch on CD which prevents data extraction during installation (but copying it may work) or you have not enough free space on your HD.

slipknot377
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby slipknot377 » 12 Aug 2006, 05:08

yup i tried on 4 different computers and i tried saving files to my hard drive and installing its gotta b a scratch in the cd wow tht sux no wonder it was so cheap on ebay ^_^ thx anyways

Return to “Might and Magic”