Problems with World/Swords of Xeen

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Deadguy118
Assassin
Assassin

Problems with World/Swords of Xeen

Unread postby Deadguy118 » 08 Aug 2006, 02:24

I have the collector's edition of MM6 and all the games work except for the xeen ones.It always says something about insufficient memory. What's the point of having MM classics If you can't play all of them?
Also: I Have windows 2000, not XP so I can't run it in windows 98 Compatable mode

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Re: Problems with World/Swords of Xeen

Unread postby MistWeaver » 08 Aug 2006, 21:31

Deadguy118 wrote:I have the collector's edition of MM6 and all the games work except for the xeen ones.It always says something about insufficient memory. What's the point of having MM classics If you can't play all of them?
Also: I Have windows 2000, not XP so I can't run it in windows 98 Compatable mode
Use DosBox.
http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/

Deadguy118
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Deadguy118 » 09 Aug 2006, 02:02

I downloded It and I have NO IDEA how to use it

DaveO
Demon
Demon

Unread postby DaveO » 09 Aug 2006, 14:11

DosBox does come with a readme or FAQ file, but from what I remember the only command you really need to know is mount. After starting DosBox, just type in mount [drive letter] [path]. For example, let's say Xeen is on your C: drive. You would type in mount c c:\xeen which would enable you access the xeen directory if you typed in c: at the command prompt. Then you run the install program and configure the sound to whatever settings you would like. If you have further questions, try reading the Readme for DosBox. If you're REALLY stumped about the mount command, then please reply again here and I'll come up with a better explanation.
I'd rather be part bull than a complete sheep.

Deadguy118
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Deadguy118 » 09 Aug 2006, 17:03

Ok I got it to work, Thanks!

GreatDeceiver
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

D-Fend

Unread postby GreatDeceiver » 10 Aug 2006, 13:12

There's a really cool front-end for DOXBox, D-Fend, that makes everything significantly easier:

http://members.home.nl/mabus/

I strongly recommend it.

Cheers!

Return to “Might and Magic”