I Beat MMVII!

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Deadguy118
Assassin
Assassin

I Beat MMVII!

Unread postby Deadguy118 » 03 Aug 2006, 20:32

I finally beat the game (with the good ending)! The ending parts were easy (colony zod was a joke) with blasters and day of the gods/Hour of power/day of protection

I was wondering what kind of team I should do for my next playthrough
my last party was the default KTCS party but I want a bit more of a challenge this time.

I would have posted my certificate but I don't know how.[/img]

Chorus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Chorus » 03 Aug 2006, 21:57

Congrats.

Generally, the game gets harder the less spellcasters you use. For example, MMVI is super easy if one uses an all spellcasting party (e.g. 3 sorcerers, 1 druid). It's fully possible to beat MMVI, complete every quest, and kill every monster within five game months. MMVII is much the same; indeed, my current party is 2 sorcerers, 1 cleric, 1 druid, and they aren't having much difficulty.

Therefore, if you want more challenge, employ less spellcasters, or...

go for the party of one knight: the ultimate challenge.

As an editorial note, one thing I dislike about MMVI-VII is that:

(a) Magic literally is more effective than might. See Tennessee Ernie Ford's MM site's statistics pages.

(b) While the game is more challenging with less magic, the player's score is penalized because in-game time increases. Between beaconing and town portalling, the player minimizes the game-time it takes to travel between places, and can teleport to places of healing and back while the might party has to stop and rest.

(c) Magic parties cut down on the realtime it takes for players to go from place to place.

I feel that (c) is especially unforgivable because it punishes players for not taking sorcerers along.

/editorial rant.

Marelt Ekiran
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Marelt Ekiran » 03 Aug 2006, 22:43

I just finished a solo game of M&M6, playing with a single druid. This keeps the game moderately challenging. You deal with everything with magic and have magic to heal and boost yourself. However, druids are restricted from Light and Dark magic, which puts a dent in their strength in later levels.

Of course, with a single druid, her level was 112 at the end of the game with an effective Earth Magic skill of 67. But that was a different story altogether.

For both M&M6 and M&M7, druids are a decent compromise if you want to play it challenging (but not insanely hard) with a might-oriented party. They provide enough healing and support magic to ensure that the game does not go down to a drag (having to physically walk everywhere when you want to travel and retreat and rest whenever you take some damage can get boring). However, druids lack the firepower of the sorcerers and clerics with Light/Dark magic, so your offense will be seriously hampered. Especially if you play one druid and three might-oriented characters, your druid will have to build up many skills to cover all niches, meaning that she can't focus on one offensive skill.

In M&M7, I personally find the quests of the Dark path harder than the quests of the Light path, which is compromised by Dark magic being relatively stronger than Light magic. However... if you play the Dark path without using Dark magic, you certainly have a challenge on your hands.

A better challenge still is just playing M&M6, though... especially M&M6 with a might-oriented party. But then don't complain to me if you get roasted in Gharik's Forge or cursed to pieces in Castle Darkmoor.

Deadguy118
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Deadguy118 » 05 Aug 2006, 00:54

I'm no pro. I abused the wishing well in the land of the giants with GM protection from magic to maximize my character's blaster skill. Blasters are broken and I had absolutely no problem with colony zod. The lincon was more of a pain but still easy with GM regeneration. I'm not crazy enough to go solo with one character yet.

As for MMVI I haven't beaten it yet due to It's Unlinear quest line which makes me wander around until I get killed by a werewolf in Blackshire trying to get kilburn's sheild

Jeska
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Jeska » 06 Aug 2006, 13:35

How do you do to play with only one character in MM6 and MM7 ?

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 06 Aug 2006, 14:30

Kill the others and never resurrect them ;).

Jeska
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Jeska » 07 Aug 2006, 22:11

Lol, that's smart :p

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 16 Aug 2006, 05:26

Chorus wrote: It's fully possible to beat MMVI, complete every quest, and kill every monster within five game months.
Withing two months I would say. :)
Marelt Ekiran wrote:I just finished a solo game of M&M6, playing with a single druid. This keeps the game moderately challenging. You deal with everything with magic and have magic to heal and boost yourself. However, druids are restricted from Light and Dark magic, which puts a dent in their strength in later levels.
IMO, Light and Dark aren't too powerful in MM6. In MM7 druids are weak due to master limitation in magics, but in MM6 they are most powerful ones.

I prefer changing monsters' stats to make the game more difficult instead of going solo or might only.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

rudi70
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

How to play solo........

Unread postby rudi70 » 17 Aug 2006, 04:21

Jeska wrote:How do you do to play with only one character in MM6 and MM7 ?
Hi there.
If u want to know all about these special games go to : The MM Games Page.
There u can get these special characters including instructions for the games from 6-9.
Have fun.Rudi

Suleman
Demon
Demon

Re: How to play solo........

Unread postby Suleman » 17 Aug 2006, 19:12

rudi70 wrote:
Hi there.
There u can get these special characters including instructions for the games from 6-9.
Have fun.Rudi
M&M games page? Do you happen to have a link?
"Yes, but what about David Beckham and the magic mushroom?"

I'm baaaaaack!

rudi70
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: How to play solo........

Unread postby rudi70 » 18 Aug 2006, 03:45

Suleman wrote:
rudi70 wrote:
Hi there.
Have fun.Rudi
M&M games page? Do you happen to have a link?
I do have the site in my favorites but,it does not link.I think the only connection to it is going to through the creators adreess.
http://www.keytech.com/klar/MISC/MODs.html
or I could send it by e-mail if anyone would like to have it
My e-mail is: rudi70@optusnet.com.au
Have a nice day.

Return to “Might and Magic”