Arch Angels

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Hypnos
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Arch Angels

Unread postby Hypnos » 26 Jul 2006, 19:49

This is text from one interview:Science fiction is the foundation of the Might and Magic universe. It is the reason the Might and Magic universe exists. At its core, the Might and Magic is about advanced civilizations who have descend into barbarism. If you disagree, your reasoning is emotional, not logical. Many people forget the Inferno is not populated by demons. It's populated by aliens who look like demons. If I told you the origin of the Arch Angels I'm sure many of you would have a heart attack.

Does anyone know the origin of the Arch Angels?

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 26 Jul 2006, 20:33

They're the agents of the Ancients and are thus likely robots, but could be genetically engineered or both.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 31 Jul 2006, 09:41

Hypnos, you are looking for an heart attack? :|
The question has been asked more than once, but NWC never told the answer. Probably something what Gaidal Cain said.

Marelt Ekiran
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Marelt Ekiran » 31 Jul 2006, 22:15

I personally think that they're genetically engineered guardians against the kreegans. If they were actually robots, don't you think someone would have noticed the gears and wheels spilling out from the dozens, if not hundreds, that died on the battlefield during the War of Restoration?

They are not constructs, seeing as they are subject to spells that constructs are immume to. However, they do seem to be designed specifically to combat Kreegans, which seems to be displayed in the fact that they get combat bonusses against Arch Devils (then again, those bonusses are mutual). In the Erathia campaign of Heroes 3, Catherine tells how the angels were spotted in Erathia at times and appeared again during the Kreegan invasion. So they were probably guardians that travelled with the colonists as genetically engineered elite stormtroops against possible Kreegan attacks. After the Silence, they simply decided to keep to themselves (and not get caught up with the warring factions).

Return to “Might and Magic”