Your MM9 memory

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Your MM9 memory

Unread postby maltz » 26 Jul 2006, 15:29

For me MM9 sounds like ages past... I bought the game as my first M & M, and then I noticed HoMM4.

My favorite MM9 memories include:

(1) The beginning island. I read some online sources that I can actually get the mage book when the characters were still on the starting island (and very weak). I ventured into it and after numerous attempt, I got it! Things like hitting the zombies using the "pause-initiative reset-open door and hit" trick is very cool (and mean). And dodging the impossible wraths (?) to get the key was break-taking, too.

(2) There seems to be a mummy area where I had tons of enemies chasing me into the deepest cave, where I got what I need. That was amazing.

(3) You know what I think when I see Isabel's dead husband: "Presenting... Nicolai!"

(4) "AHHHH~~~~~" My guys screams every time they fall. Late in the game, I had to commit suicide by jumping my whiny guys into the icy water. That was quite fun, though.

(5) I spent quite a few hours hunting for artifacts, just behind a large wooden box, north of a town. Forgot what it is called now. The trick is that the artifact respawn after a load, so I could keep getting new ones, and try to get an entire set. That was very evil and I liked it. :D

(6) The ranger quest -- dodging all impossible traps and rush to the end. That was very fun, but later on I noticed the cheat (portal back to the end).

(7) The bug with divine interference or something. As long as you have 2 guys doing it, they replenish each other's mana and your party is parctically invincible. :)

metalic
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby metalic » 02 Aug 2006, 03:29

my most memorible moment in MM9 is where I completed the side quest of becomming a Lich. Man that lich transformation lab was such a death trap!!!!!!

I remember I pulled few buffs, and just ran in without pressing 'Enter', and turned the panel and Siiii...... my mage became lich, and I used a town portal or somehting back to villiage.. Don't remember..
I'm a wild man.

Marelt Ekiran
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Marelt Ekiran » 02 Aug 2006, 05:00

Same here... Except, try doing that in a solo-game. Tackling the entire Lich Lab, including the final death-trap chamber with a single level 42 Scholar.

Jeska
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Jeska » 02 Aug 2006, 11:50

Arx Fatalis was the first game to implement do-symbols-with-your-mouse system to cast spells, even before Black & White came out.

I'm fully confident on Arkane Studios in the innovation field.

[Bah wrong topic, sorry :/]

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 02 Aug 2006, 14:09

I have good memories of MM9 overall, if I forget the horrible graphics for a moment ^^

My top 3 favourite moments were...

1/ Exploring the Chiasm of the Dead. This dungeon is really great (but HARD, especially if you try it early in the game.)

2/ Fighting the Dragon King and becoming a Super Gubber :D

3/ The Tomb of Thousand Terrors. I always wanted to learn more about that place (which was also featured in MM4 by the way) and it will be an important part of the story of my upcoming "Legends of the Ancients" campaign for Heroes V.

Return to “Might and Magic”