MMVI - hidden rats in the sewers...

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
rubiconiii
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

MMVI - hidden rats in the sewers...

Unread postby rubiconiii » 06 Jul 2006, 01:55

Well actually I noticed this oddity long ago in the sewers in the big gassy room with the weird ramp-thing in the middle. This time around I checked it out as I knew I had killed every puny rat that I could see, but still I could hear the rat-sound and the icons were yellow everywhere in the big room. I checked the walls all the way round and even saw the low torch that I hadn't noticed before, but nothing was triggerable. Then at each side of the middle block with the ramp inside the icons turned red - I tried hard to try and peep through the grafix but couldn't get any glance inthere. Nevertheless my sorcerer finished off the two rats with two fire rings and the icons went green and the rat sound was gone.

Is this some "genious" way to make the room more spooky to place rats that'll keep the atmosphere of rats being everywhere?

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Re: MMVI - hidden rats in the sewers...

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 06 Jul 2006, 14:13

rubiconiii wrote:Well actually I noticed this oddity long ago in the sewers in the big gassy room with the weird ramp-thing in the middle. This time around I checked it out as I knew I had killed every puny rat that I could see, but still I could hear the rat-sound and the icons were yellow everywhere in the big room. I checked the walls all the way round and even saw the low torch that I hadn't noticed before, but nothing was triggerable. Then at each side of the middle block with the ramp inside the icons turned red - I tried hard to try and peep through the grafix but couldn't get any glance inthere. Nevertheless my sorcerer finished off the two rats with two fire rings and the icons went green and the rat sound was gone.

Is this some "genious" way to make the room more spooky to place rats that'll keep the atmosphere of rats being everywhere?
I actually think it's an engine glitch; I have it happen to me often in MM7 in the tunnels to Eofol. You think rats behind a wall are annoying, try Medusae . . .
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 06 Jul 2006, 19:25

I had that happen to me with a Titan once. o_o But I think the worst scenario was when my brother had Wromthax disappear into the walls—bye-bye Paladin promotion!

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 07 Jul 2006, 07:43

Kareeah Indaga wrote:I had that happen to me with a Titan once. o_o But I think the worst scenario was when my brother had Wromthax disappear into the walls—bye-bye Paladin promotion!
In this kind of situations I really appreciate autosave.

Return to “Might and Magic”