HELP!!! M&M VI MANDATE OF HEAVEN SPECIAL EDITION

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
M&M FIEND
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

HELP!!! M&M VI MANDATE OF HEAVEN SPECIAL EDITION

Unread postby M&M FIEND » 22 Jun 2006, 03:43

I have currently purchased a copy of Might and Magic Mandate Of Heaven Special Edition, so that i can play the "classic" versions of the game... i had trouble playing them when i first installed them so i installed dosbox and "mounted" M&M 1 into it. and it worked perfectly. But due to a very annoying problem with my computer i had to wipe it clean. uninstalling everything.

So i re-install Might and Magic Mandate Of Heaven and the "classics" and i reinstall dosbox. But after i :"mount" M&M 1 again i do what i normally do and press C: then type in MM and hit enter but the top of the window turns green and nothing happens and dosbox freezes.....

ANY help in fixing the problem or maybe another way to play M&M 1 would be GREATLY APPRECIATED.
Desperation: A Rope Ends It

DaveO
Demon
Demon

Unread postby DaveO » 22 Jun 2006, 12:54

Since it sounds like nothing changed, I'd manually copy all the files for MM1 from the LE CD to the MM1 folder. There is always the possibility that a certain version of DosBox may cause a problem, but it does not sound like you changed the versions. Go ahead and uninstall and reinstall DosBox as well. If you encounter the same issue, I'm going to need the operating system of the computer, the DosBox version, DirectX version on your system, and video card in order to assist you with resolving this problem.
I'd rather be part bull than a complete sheep.

M&M FIEND
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby M&M FIEND » 22 Jun 2006, 13:02

my computer runs on windows xp, I'm not sure wat version of dosbox but i did you optus as the mirrir as i come from australia. and directx should be the most recent version as i just installed it a few days ago... i am really sorry but you will have to take it slow ass i dont know ANYTHING about computers

DaveO
Demon
Demon

Unread postby DaveO » 27 Jun 2006, 03:25

I have to wonder if perhaps there is a video display quirk with DosBox. It's truly difficult to troubleshoot an issue, so an EXACT description of what happens when you try to play the MM1 game would be appreciated. Use whatever terms or phrases you feel are appropriate, and I'd rather have too much information describing what happens than not enough to even begin troubleshooting. The problem with presenting 'blanket' solutions is that I may be giving a blanket to somebody in a 'hot' situation and only increasing the problem rather than solving it.
I'd rather be part bull than a complete sheep.

sirdroid
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

dual boot...

Unread postby sirdroid » 04 Jul 2006, 14:59

I found it much easier to dual boot win 95/98 along with xp to play the older games, XP is VERY freindly with dual boot, make sure you put 95/98 first though....

M&M FIEND
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby M&M FIEND » 04 Jul 2006, 16:19

yer, i asked my bro about doing it but apparently my computer would run so slow i wouldnt be able to play it anyways

phoenix6475
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby phoenix6475 » 16 Jul 2006, 16:04

any one remember the little cloth map that game came with?

ahh....good times

Return to “Might and Magic”