Can anyone help me out with the following?

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
silverwolf
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Can anyone help me out with the following?

Unread postby silverwolf » 19 Jun 2006, 07:43

1) What lvl do you have to be before you can go onto expert & then GM?
I am just after the lvls for both of them. So, that way I know to carry on attacking hard out.

2) Are there any mods or patchs etc that I could download for the game?
If so where can I find them?

3) I have stuffed up the stats on my first party & want to redo it. However I would help with them. I would like to do the following:
A Gladiator, Ranger, Mage & Priest. Once I have done the starting stats what do I need to work on to go onto to become the above? (eg blade etc)
What spells/alinement would be useful to have for the mage & priest?
What races would be good for the classes as well?

I am going to carry on playing with my current party & see how fair I get. But, I would like to start another party which is why I asked about what was needed for the classes.
Drink Coffee.............DO StUpId ThInGs FASTER

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 19 Jun 2006, 10:34

Well, if you told us exactly what installment of the series you were playing, it would probably be easier for us to help you.

For mods and patches, you can check out the FAQ, which has links to what's available for several of the MM games.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

DaveO
Demon
Demon

Unread postby DaveO » 19 Jun 2006, 13:17

It's obvious from the promotions that the poster is playing MM9. As far as MM9 patches go, I'd look at the sticky at the top of this forum and follow the link. You can then get the unofficial 1.3 TELP patch. There may be a 1.4 MM9 unofficial patch, but I believe it's still a work in progress.
I'd rather be part bull than a complete sheep.

Marelt Ekiran
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Marelt Ekiran » 20 Jun 2006, 02:02

The level of a character has no influence whatsoever on the skills that he or she can learn. It is solely determined by what class the character is and the skill ranks that he or she has in that skill.

For skill ranks, the table is fairly simple:

Basic: Learn at start or from book (certain classes cannot even learn basics of certain skills)
Expert: Skill rank 4
Master: Skill rank 7
GM: Skill rank 10

However, the character also needs to be of the correct class in order to learn skills to a certain rank. You can look up all the classes and their maximum skill levels here:
Fighter skills
Initiate skills

As for becoming a certain class... In every town hall, the clerk will tell you where you can find the people who will promote you. Once you find the person who promotes you, he or she will give you a quest which you have to fulfill. The quests for the first promotion are all fairly easy. The quests for the second promotion can range from really easy (Crusader quest) to incredibly hard (Lich quest).

For the classes that you want to do:

Fighter --> Mercenary --> Gladiator (easy-average 2nd promotion quest)
Fighter --> Paladin --> Ranger (average 2nd promotion quest)
Initiate --> Healer --> Priest (average 2nd promotion quest)
Initiate --> Scholar --> Mage (hard 2nd promotion quest)

If I may offer some advice, though. If you can handle the difficulty of the promotion quest, it's probably better to get a Lich instead of a Mage. Liches have better offensive power and the Priest in your party will provide sufficient healing power anyway.

Return to “Might and Magic”