New screens and monsters

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
socketboy
Conscript
Conscript

New screens and monsters

Unread postby socketboy » 31 May 2006, 23:42

My apologies if this is old news, but I ran by this today:
http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/710/710707p1.html
and thought I would share.
This game is looking awesome!
Can't wait to try the beta if I get in :D

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 01 Jun 2006, 06:35

There are some very interesting monsters in here.I really look forward to the game.

Noble orc,and liches turning into vampires?Sounds ineteresting(although not quite in line with heroes).

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 01 Jun 2006, 12:57

DaemianLucifer wrote: liches turning into vampires?
Liches are supposed to be over vanity, which Vampires certainly aren't. I don't much like this one.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 01 Jun 2006, 13:18

ThunderTitan wrote:
DaemianLucifer wrote: liches turning into vampires?
Liches are supposed to be over vanity, which Vampires certainly aren't. I don't much like this one.
The opposite would have made more sense : powerful Vampires becoming Liches...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 01 Jun 2006, 13:41

Marzhin wrote: The opposite would have made more sense : powerful Vampires becoming Liches...
I just prefer them as different types of undead. But that would work better, as Liches don't require blood.... an advantage in my book.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Rapier
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Rapier » 02 Jun 2006, 02:01

That's assuming these vampires require blood. Clearly these vampires utilise blood to preserve there alabastor good looks. (As they lose them while liches, and then regain them), but don't need it to survive.

It seems odd however, that they made Vampires level 4, and Liches level 5 in heroes 5, if they intended vampires to be more powerful in the lore.

The new orcs are way cooler than the old orcs and I don't miss the passing of the old ones. I do sort of wish they'd kept them boar/pig like however, as I liked that as a distinctive feature of MM orcs, and the new orcs have lost that.

Paokai could be a new unit we'll get in an expansion if an orc town is added. I had hoped to see more of a diverse mix of races represented, still it's a nice start.

How many of the units in Dark Messiah do you think we'll see in Heroes 5? It might be nice if they gave us some options like Ghouls instead of Zombies in a town... or maybe just add them as neutrals... (after all they're designing the units anyway...)
~ Rapier.

Return to “Might and Magic”