mandate of heaven - reputation

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Tobsquire
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

mandate of heaven - reputation

Unread postby Tobsquire » 28 May 2006, 14:50

Just a quick question, im after master in light magic, my rep is at angelic but I cant seem to get it any better. Is donating at temples the only way to get it to saintly?

Im sure there's a decent guide out there somewhere, im using http://www.uhs-hints.com/uhsweb/hints/mm6/1.php but this does not go into detail about rep.

Thanks to anyone that answers! im new to this site :baby:

Paulus1
Archlich
Archlich

Re: Hero's VI the mandate of heaven - reputation

Unread postby Paulus1 » 28 May 2006, 15:05

Tobsquire wrote:Just a quick question, im after master in light magic, my rep is at angelic but I cant seem to get it any better. Is donating at temples the only way to get it to saintly?

Im sure there's a decent guide out there somewhere, im using http://www.uhs-hints.com/uhsweb/hints/mm6/1.php but this does not go into detail about rep.

Thanks to anyone that answers! im new to this site :baby:
Wrong forum, but anyway.
You can't improve rep. to saintly by donating in temples. The only way to improve it at that level is to complete "good" quests.

Marelt Ekiran
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Marelt Ekiran » 29 May 2006, 01:50

Yes... Donating can get you to "Respectable", but donating beyond that has no effect. Completing good quests (meaning, not for the Temple of Baa or Loretta Fleise) is the best way to go... I somehow seem to remember that the "clear out the devil outpost" and "save Emmanual Kravitz" quests boost you more than others, but I may be wrong with that. If you want a quick boost to reputation, then hire a bard NPC. That will increase reputation by one point.

Things that you should avoid doing in the meantime...
- Donate to the Temple of Baa.
- Buying Healing at the Temple of Baa.
- Complete "bad" quests (Temple of Baa or Loretta Fleise).
- Killing peasants.
- Selling bones in Free Haven.
- Beg, bribe or threaten people.

DaveO
Demon
Demon

Unread postby DaveO » 30 May 2006, 03:22

Wouldn't a Bard NPC also raise reputation from Angelic to Saintly???
I'd rather be part bull than a complete sheep.

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 30 May 2006, 11:51

DaveO wrote:Wouldn't a Bard NPC also raise reputation from Angelic to Saintly???
It indeed would, and that would be the easiest way. I think there is a Bard in a house on the eastern side of Free Haven.

Tobsquire
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

respect

Unread postby Tobsquire » 30 May 2006, 19:15

You bunch of legends! thanks for your thoughts :D I'l check out that bard npc, by all rights I should have thought of that already, now I can think of a couple, but hey.

Tobsquire
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

respect

Unread postby Tobsquire » 30 May 2006, 23:01

yeah that worked a treat

Nerissa
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Nerissa » 28 Jun 2006, 08:00

Lol.

Lemme guess, Light Magic Mastery training?

That's why I'm saving the Slicker Silvertongue quest until I'm ready to master it AND have already gotten Dark mastered (Notorious reputation)

(Though, donating at temples when your reputation is angelic or higher cn give interesting results... like an Hour of Power spell cast on the party. Useful until you get a light magic caster of your own.)

Tobsquire
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Tobsquire » 28 Jun 2006, 18:14

yeah wicked, thats what I SHOULD have done! ah well, there's always next time i s'pose.

T
:jester:

Nerissa
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Nerissa » 29 Jun 2006, 18:10

Heh, turns out I didn't need to wait until the Slicker quest to do it. I completed a quest and got Saintly, so I went a-hunting for the master trainer.

After that, I took an armageddon spell to New Sorpigal and did a quick run to the Dark Master's house.

So booya, Light and Dark masters. Too bad the spells are hella expensive.

Tobsquire
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Tobsquire » 29 Jun 2006, 19:47

excellent! I figured an armageddon spell in a village would piss the resedents off no-end :lol: but I never got round to it & forgot. nice 1

Apeman
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Apeman » 30 Jun 2006, 01:43

Heh.. I always use armageddon on New Sorpigal before I travel to sweetwater. Those peasants never seem to be the right npc for my party, serves them right
So booya, Light and Dark masters. Too bad the spells are hella expensive.
Pff, not if you are soloing a sorcerers with 25 meditation and 25 dark magic skill :devil:

toan12a8
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby toan12a8 » 08 Oct 2006, 16:57

MM6 is a good game ,isn't it?
Am I the Only one ,reply to me!

Tobsquire
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Tobsquire » 09 Oct 2006, 18:41

Heh.. I always use armageddon on New Sorpigal before I travel to sweetwater. Those peasants never seem to be the right npc for my party, serves them right
yeah I'l have to remember that next time! :tsup:

and toan, yes it is!! dated, but quality. You should also check out 7 :applause: , I dont know about any others but I LOVE the 2 I've played so far!

peace :jester:

FalagarsFolly
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Achieving "Notorious" without Murder?

Unread postby FalagarsFolly » 12 Oct 2006, 01:28

So, how can I go from "monstrous" to "notorious" (to attain mastery in dark magic) without killing any peasants?

I tried stealing from the sarcophogi in Castle Darkmoor, and having all of my characters go through the "join Baa" ritual in the Superior Temple (50,000 XP each). Then I fired my fine, upstanding NPCs (actually I dismissed the bard *before* stealing and joining Baa, duh!) and found some nastly little gutter trash (pirates and burglars) to hire. Now I've run around with a couple of them (tried hiring and dismissing multiple burglers, rustlers, and pirates to see if I'd benefit from a little residual "guilt by association").

I've visited the Temple Baa near Castle Ironfist and donated a bunch to them. I've also run around and threatened or begged a couple towns full of NPCs. Killing a couple of the snotty losers was certainly tempting.

So, I've gotten down to "monstrous" but I can't seem to get any lower right now. My "fame" is at 10678 if that's of any relevance.

Unfortunately I'd already completed the Loretta quests (and mosts of the others) before getting "Saintly" for my master in light --- so I'm running out of ideas.

(I did a quick experiment in NWC ... and just killing three or four of the
"employees" there drops me to "notorious" with no problem. But I don't wanna do that in my main game. Killing peasants and NPCs is so gauche and I don't know how long they'll hold a grudge).

(Yes I've read that an armageddon scroll or spell on some poor defenseless town seems to be the common practice --- let's be creative!)

(BTW: I think it would be really neat if I could threaten Su Lang Manchu ... or kill and revive him --- and let that be my path to "notoriety" as it were. Serve him right for having such an unhealthy attitude).

FalagarsFolly
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Success! (Spoiler)

Unread postby FalagarsFolly » 12 Oct 2006, 05:49

Doh!

Of course there was an easy (though relatively expensive) way to do this!

The curator at Castle Kriegspire will cure you for 10,000 gold (and ruin your reputation as much as the conversion to Baa ritual back in the Superior Temple did).

A quick beacon to that +40 AC well in the caldera outside ... a little fussing through those twisty little passages (what did all those hulking minotaurs ever see in that place ... and I guess that clutch of drakes was hatched in there).

Now my little sorceress is master of light and dark magic and she didn't have to kill any of the "good guys" to do it! :)

Not only that but in less then a half a day of game time I'm back to "respectable." (Just fired the riff-raff, hired a quiet li'l "instructor" and donated a few hundred gold or so to the temple in New Scorpigal. (It's the least expansive way to top off those HP and SP I've found --- so I always tip them when I portal in between battles).

Now I just need to find spell books for dragonbreath and moonray ... and bump her skill level in that as high as I can get it. (skill * D25 damage for dragonbreath --- if I get about 12 to 15 skill points there it should come in real handy for slaying dragons and titans).

:)

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 12 Oct 2006, 11:56

toan12a8 wrote:MM6 is a good game ,isn't it?
It's the BEST!! You're not the only one. Right now, I'm in the middle of my umpteenth game … I've played over 20 times already & have lost count … I also have a stack of "Certificates" but have lost some of them too. MM6 is the best RPG I've ever played. :-D
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 12 Oct 2006, 13:49

toan12a8 wrote:MM6 is a good game ,isn't it?
It's pretty good -- but for me, it had far too many 5 million monster dungeon crawls/areas. I prefer MMVII -- more compact and better replay value.

Oh, and I can't stand the Player Character portraits in MMVI.

That being said, maybe it's time to give MMVI another try. I usually try about once a year. :)
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

Return to “Might and Magic”