Hi new to the site and hmm what you think?

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).

Carbon copy or just a similer idear?

Copy
40%
Similer Idear
60%

Total votes: 5

gren
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Hi new to the site and hmm what you think?

Unread postby gren » 27 May 2006, 00:20

hi !

I am new to the site but i have been following the series for a while and i was woundering if anyone remembers the card game in 7 and 8 where the objective was to destroy the tower of the computer player ??

well i found this awhile ago

http://www.digitallights.co.yu/realmsofmagic/

hmm opinions , flames comments hmm whatever but it looks like a copy of the mini game to me being passed as a free standing game?

just thought i would get the reactions from other series players if it hasent been seen already.

:disagree:

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 27 May 2006, 07:12

Yeah, looks exactly like Acromage. It was in MM but it was a standalone game as well IIRC. Therfore i do not knwo if anyone still has a copyright on it. But they should mention acromage in credits at least...

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 27 May 2006, 07:30

I'd be inclined to think that Ubi got it when they bought the whole MM franchise.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

gren
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby gren » 27 May 2006, 14:37

Hmm yea should be in credits atleast hmm i had a play on the free play version they offer and its just like it in all ways that i can see some of the actual cards are similer in name if not exact.

DemonHunter
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby DemonHunter » 28 May 2006, 18:04

actually, I think it's diferent if i compare...
just the same concept(but that's propably a concept used by many games) but if you look at the cards and resources it's very different

also:
http://www.terragame.com/arcomage.html
in the comments they're talking about another game like that:)

DaveO
Demon
Demon

Unread postby DaveO » 30 May 2006, 03:25

I'd say the design is more like Magic the Gathering since the site did mention it, but I've never played it and there will always be variations on both MtG and Arcomage.
I'd rather be part bull than a complete sheep.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 30 May 2006, 21:46

I'm not sure but wasn't there a really old game (by Sierra or somebody) called Realms of Magic. This might be it. Although, I'm not sure. If it's shareware, I'd at least like to try it. Sometimes I launch MM8 just to play Archmage. Maybe this'll take its place. :)
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

DaveO
Demon
Demon

Unread postby DaveO » 31 May 2006, 12:59

I don't see the point of either card game. AI's never play well in card games, and I seriously doubt there would be much demand for multiplayer. With new TV shows like the remake of Battlestar Galactica, that show could always re-introduce the card game that was played in the old cheesy show.
I'd rather be part bull than a complete sheep.

Return to “Might and Magic”