Teams/Parties for MMMerge, challenges, maximum damages

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
phamlongtuan
Pixie
Pixie

Teams/Parties for MMMerge, challenges, maximum damages

Unread postby phamlongtuan » 03 Jun 2023, 23:37

Hey guys, we have a thriving community, that's very fun place to go. I would like to open a topic that mainly address choices of parties. For each individual we play our style, there is no need to argue over which style better. For each people contribute here we can see the beautiful of life, I'm still having fresh memories of good old days searching Paradise Valley, looting for Zeus plate armor.

For starting, my ideal party consist of the following:
1. Repair GM, thinking of elite team go wild explore with self-sufficient,
2. Disarm trap, for ease of playing,
3. ID item,
4. ID monster,
5. Merchant,
6. Light magic,
7. Alchemy,
8. Speed ranged attack

So my party will be Knight (repair), Vampire (ID monster), Patriarch (Merchant + Ranged attack), Druid (Alchemy), Priest of Sun (Light). :tsup:
So what is your playing's style?

Tomsod
Demon
Demon

Re: Teams/Parties for MMMerge, challenges, maximum damages

Unread postby Tomsod » 05 Jun 2023, 06:45

You haven't mentioned GM self and elemental magics. I wouldn't feel comfortable without Lloyd's Beacon or GM Protection from Magic, not to mention improved Fly, Invisibility, and healing. I understand Druids can get all GMs in Merge, so your party works, but could you go without? Apart from magic, I only really need good Disarm (Master can suffice with a booster), everything else is negotiable.

phamlongtuan
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby phamlongtuan » 18 Apr 2024, 04:07

Hello guys, cannot understand why I can not create new topic.
Then I would like to ask which melee damage dealers of your choices.

I'm confusing, since my Knight with Gibbet (spear that boost damage for demon, undead, dragon) with shield work so well that I dont really need Spear + Sword as usual. But for party, I really require Knight for repair.

Also, at higher speed and skills Trolls make exceptional stun, paralysis, also good generation.

Monk is not bad.

I would like to know which are your playing style, also. Is there any good challenge should I play now?

raekuul
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby raekuul » 18 Apr 2024, 11:06

I prefer Troll over Knight for my main melee attacker, personally. Yeah, I lose GM Armsmaster but a well-built troll can keep up with Dragons at higher skill ratings (my last time through, Overdune was outdamaging Ithilgore in melee).

I... don't usually go with Dark Elf as the Hero of Jadame? But I did this last time because I knew I wanted both a Dark Elf and a Dragon in the party long-term, and I didn't want to deal with Cauri messing up the bolstering (that I had turned off... why didn't I just disable limits and start as a Dragon, again?)

I make it a point to incorporate the two plot-enforced joins into the party - as you said, Trolls are still pretty hefty melee fighters (my Overdune was outdamaging Ithilgore towards the end), and Dyson Leland's main problem is just that he's fragile and needs to be conscious when you go to sabotage Murmurwoods/Shadowspire.

I think in my case the real challenge is committing to an Antagarich start - Enroth gives you relatively easy access to M. Water, and (in Base MMMerge at least) Jadame literally hands you someone who can master Water Magic with no questing required. For an Antagarich start, you have to actually participate in the main story for a significant bit of time in order to survive getting M. Water (unless you like making the Nighon run without invisibility?)

Return to “Might and Magic”