Help with revamping 3D assets in Might and Magic 6, 7, or 8

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
foreverthesceptic
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Help with revamping 3D assets in Might and Magic 6, 7, or 8

Unread postby foreverthesceptic » 28 Mar 2023, 12:48

Hi all,

I am a 3D Artist and would like to try to update some of the 3D assets in the game, such as the buildings. Is there a tutorial/guide on how to do this? I am completely new to MM modding and not sure where or how to start.

Thank you

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Re: Help with revamping 3D assets in Might and Magic 6, 7, or 8

Unread postby DaveHer » 28 Mar 2023, 21:47

foreverthesceptic wrote: 28 Mar 2023, 12:48 Hi all,

I am a 3D Artist and would like to try to update some of the 3D assets in the game, such as the buildings. Is there a tutorial/guide on how to do this? I am completely new to MM modding and not sure where or how to start.

Thank you
Yes there is. While in game press ALT F1. Then the middle mouse button or wheel. That will give you access to the buttons on the left. Click on Export, then Save the obj file. Wait until the Continue comes up. Click on continue. Then click on model and then type. There you need to go to where your models are. They must be OBJ extention. In blender the model you make there must be saved as a wavefront file, which is an OBJ file. Grayface made it possible to put more models into MM7. But you must install the new extension and editor. After placing the models on the map, click save, then on compile. That will give two files that go into games.LOd. Use MMAchive to place into the games.lod. You will need to do this for all the maps in the game.
David Hernandez

foreverthesceptic
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby foreverthesceptic » 29 Mar 2023, 08:08

DaveHer wrote: 28 Mar 2023, 21:47

Thank you
Yes there is. While in game press ALT F1. Then the middle mouse button or wheel. That will give you access to the buttons on the left. Click on Export, then Save the obj file. Wait until the Continue comes up. Click on continue. Then click on model and then type. There you need to go to where your models are. They must be OBJ extention. In blender the model you make there must be saved as a wavefront file, which is an OBJ file. Grayface made it possible to put more models into MM7. But you must install the new extension and editor. After placing the models on the map, click save, then on compile. That will give two files that go into games.LOd. Use MMAchive to place into the games.lod. You will need to do this for all the maps in the game.
David Hernandez
Thank you. Sorry, if this is pretty obvious, but I have downloaded both MMExtentionTmp and MMEditor, but there is no obvious way to install. It's just a bunch of folders. I can't see an executable file. Do they need to be placed somewhere in the directory of the game I am editing? If so, where?

Thank you

Eksekk
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Eksekk » 29 Mar 2023, 12:44

Extract into game directory, so scripts folder is in the folder where the executable (mm?.exe) resides.
Unfinished mod by me: MM7 Rev4 mod, MMMerge version.

Eksekk
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Eksekk » 29 Mar 2023, 12:56

BTW (sorry for doublepost) I have unfinished blender/mm modelling tips file, which includes some you probably will find useful. I'll try to complete it soon.
Unfinished mod by me: MM7 Rev4 mod, MMMerge version.

foreverthesceptic
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby foreverthesceptic » 29 Mar 2023, 17:54

Eksekk wrote: 29 Mar 2023, 12:56 BTW (sorry for doublepost) I have unfinished blender/mm modelling tips file, which includes some you probably will find useful. I'll try to complete it soon.
Thank you so much, Eksekk!! That would be greatly appreciated

kalyl
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kalyl » 20 Dec 2023, 03:49

I am a 3D Artist and would like to try to update some of the 3D assets in the game, such as the buildings. Is suika game there a tutorial/guide on how to do this? I am completely new to MM modding and not sure where or how to start.

Thank you
Use 3D modeling software (such as Blender, Maya, or 3ds Max) to create or modify your 3D assets. Keep in mind the scale, texture requirements, and compatibility with the game engine.

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 27 Dec 2023, 05:53

i'm doing just the same now by reworking Heroes3 building into MM
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

Return to “Might and Magic”