[MM6-8] Do you clear monsters out of all the overland areas?

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).

Do you clear monsters out of all the overland areas?

Yes
75%
No
25%

Total votes: 20

raekuul
War Dancer
War Dancer

[MM6-8] Do you clear monsters out of all the overland areas?

Unread postby raekuul » 22 Feb 2023, 16:45

A recent discussion in the Monsters-Arts-Wonders development group got me wondering, how common is it to actually go through and kill all of the monsters in all the overland maps? We re-scaled the difficulty of the endgame under the assumption that players are going to do all of the Content, but we have a bit of a disagreement as to whether or not Combat is Content.

So I'm passing the question on to the forum in general. Do you clear monsters out of all the overland areas? Or do you usually leave the monsters in Dragonsand/Land of the Giants/Plane Between Planes alone?

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Re: [MM6-8] Do you clear monsters out of all the overland areas?

Unread postby DaveHer » 23 Feb 2023, 03:12

raekuul wrote: 22 Feb 2023, 16:45 A recent discussion in the Monsters-Arts-Wonders development group got me wondering, how common is it to actually go through and kill all of the monsters in all the overland maps? We re-scaled the difficulty of the endgame under the assumption that players are going to do all of the Content, but we have a bit of a disagreement as to whether or not Combat is Content.

So I'm passing the question on to the forum in general. Do you clear monsters out of all the overland areas? Or do you usually leave the monsters in Dragonsand/Land of the Giants/Plane Between Planes alone?
In my case, I clear all the monsters in Dragonsand/Land of the giants/Plane Between Planes. :D
David

RawSugar
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby RawSugar » 23 Feb 2023, 07:00

I do a partial clear, what gets in my path. Some especially challenging clusters for fun or those guarding chests. I guess "Yes"

Strobe
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Strobe » 23 Feb 2023, 17:08

I think at least once I cleared the whole map in 6, just meteor shower/starburst everything and done.

Kinox
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Kinox » 24 Feb 2023, 11:03

In principle, I'd like to clear out all of the Outdoor Maps…
But this also is a bit dependent on the game conditions I'm playing on.
For example, I remember that on some games I was more into the storytelling/roleplaying, and then by the end (this is a pattern I see happening on each of the M&M678), things tend to become more pressing towards the ultimate Main Quests (I wonder if it's only me that has this sensation); such conditions, sometimes even associated with a low Party Level, might lead to leaving those poor critters alive.

threeuntrue
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby threeuntrue » 29 Mar 2023, 04:16

RawSugar wrote: 23 Feb 2023, 07:00 I do a partial clear, what gets in my path. Some especially challenging clusters for fun or those guarding chests. I guess "Yes"
I'm totally agree.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 02 May 2023, 23:36

The only one I didn't clear was TCC Part 2, that was before I made FPS mode and clearing it became fun enough (but monster sizes required fixing to match their look for that).
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Tomsod
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Tomsod » 03 May 2023, 02:58

I generally aim for 100% completion, but sometimes I get bored before following it through.

Return to “Might and Magic”