Might & Magic 6 mod: MAW; Monsters, Arts & Wonders [30/7/23 update]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
RawSugar
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Might & Magic 6 mod: MAW; Monsters, Arts & Wonders

Unread postby RawSugar » 27 Apr 2023, 19:20

the beavers1 wrote: 27 Apr 2023, 02:38 Thanks! One thing i noticed, not sure if its a bug, but if I level up chain, I also level up leather, not a huge break in the game but a strange thing nonetheless.
that's by design. main hand weapons are linked in a similar way. spells schools are cheaper to rank if you already have 1 or more schools at higher rank...It's so you dont get too locked in by your choices but also can make some adjustments to gear or spells on the go

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby the beavers1 » 27 Apr 2023, 19:33

RawSugar wrote: 27 Apr 2023, 19:20
the beavers1 wrote: 27 Apr 2023, 02:38 Thanks! One thing i noticed, not sure if its a bug, but if I level up chain, I also level up leather, not a huge break in the game but a strange thing nonetheless.
that's by design. main hand weapons are linked in a similar way. spells schools are cheaper to rank if you already have 1 or more schools at higher rank...It's so you dont get too locked in by your choices but also can make some adjustments to gear or spells on the go
Oh ok, good to know that wasnt a bug, But i Did just run into a bug that causes the game to crash, the cure wounds scroll. Using it caused an error script screen to come up then CTD.
"Rot in Hell You Penny Pinching Miser!"

Eksekk
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Eksekk » 27 Apr 2023, 20:26

the beavers1 wrote: 27 Apr 2023, 19:33 Oh ok, good to know that wasnt a bug, But i Did just run into a bug that causes the game to crash, the cure wounds scroll. Using it caused an error script screen to come up then CTD.
That sounds like lua error inside an asm hook. Do you have the console output from error?
Unfinished mod by me: MM7 Rev4 mod, MMMerge version.

Tomsod
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Tomsod » 27 Apr 2023, 20:39

Eksekk wrote:
the beavers1 wrote: 27 Apr 2023, 19:33 Oh ok, good to know that wasnt a bug, But i Did just run into a bug that causes the game to crash, the cure wounds scroll. Using it caused an error script screen to come up then CTD.
That sounds like lua error inside an asm hook. Do you have the console output from error?
I recall stumbling into a scroll crash earlier:
Tomsod wrote: 31 Dec 2022, 19:26 Some more bugs:
* Using a Power Cure scroll on a PC without Body magic crashes the game. Do scrolls check skill level now?
Could it be still not fixed?

Eksekk
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Eksekk » 27 Apr 2023, 21:16

Indeed it is not. Sorry :(

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby the beavers1 » 28 Apr 2023, 04:09

It seems to happen if my archer specifically uses the scroll as when my druid used it it worked just fine.

Malekitsu
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Malekitsu » 28 Apr 2023, 16:56

It seems to happen if my archer specifically uses the scroll as when my druid used it it worked just fine.
looks like it crashes on some scrolls when you try to use them with characters who doesn't have that magic school

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby the beavers1 » 28 Apr 2023, 17:24

Malekitsu wrote: 28 Apr 2023, 16:56
looks like it crashes on some scrolls when you try to use them with characters who doesn't have that magic school
Which is kinda funny, considering scrolls were supposed to be for that very purpose.

Eksekk
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Eksekk » 28 Apr 2023, 18:43

Fixed this bug, release should follow soon.

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby the beavers1 » 05 May 2023, 20:36

Found a couple issues, one the ressurrected dudes are immune to destroy undead in corlagons estate, secondly implosion doesnt seem to work right, the damage is seriously low almost always (averages out to worse than lightning bolt) When i look at the description for the spell i noticed that normal expert and master all seem to have the same description too.

raekuul
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby raekuul » 06 May 2023, 03:49

Implosion does physical damage, so that's probably why it's doing worse than Lightning Bolt. Try casting it against High Wizards and Magyars.

Malekitsu
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Malekitsu » 06 May 2023, 17:54

the beavers1 wrote: 05 May 2023, 20:36 Found a couple issues, one the ressurrected dudes are immune to destroy undead in corlagons estate, secondly implosion doesnt seem to work right, the damage is seriously low almost always (averages out to worse than lightning bolt) When i look at the description for the spell i noticed that normal expert and master all seem to have the same description too.
The ressurrected dude is a death knight, and death knights aren't considered undead by default;
as for implosion vs lightning bolt is weird that lightning bolt deals more damage on average, as physical resistance usually is the lower.
I tested a bit and damage looks consistently higher for implosion.

kotgaf
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kotgaf » 19 May 2023, 10:38

Hello. Thank you for you work.

I think, I found a bug. Enemies under "charmed" or "afraid" effect still attack party from time to time. It happens almost 100% at the moment of switching to the turn-based mode.

RawSugar
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby RawSugar » 19 May 2023, 11:46

Hi, hope you like it and keep the feedback coming!

Thats vanilla behaviour, in case of mass fear its actually kinda useful for balancing the spell. For charm we have some ideas for making the spell better.

Malekitsu
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Malekitsu » 29 May 2023, 13:59

Announcement

The GitHub version of the MOD is regularly updated with new features and improvements. In fact, we are nearing the release of Version 2.0, which will serve as the stable final release. It will bring significant enhancements and address known issues.

In the 2.0 you can expect an EPIC questline after completing the game, that will eventually lead to New Game+, with stronger monsters and items and an Hall of Fame for those who were able to complete the challenge.

If you downloaded the mod recently, we encourage you to update to the latest version of the MOD, as older versions might have bugs or missing features.

Additionally, we are excited to share that there is another big project underway, which we will reveal more details about in the near future.

Malekitsu
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Malekitsu » 02 Jun 2023, 11:46

Down here a small glance on how items will look in New Game+:
New Dungeon:

scamo73
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby scamo73 » 02 Jun 2023, 15:04

Hi, thank you for your great work!

I just cleared the game in nightmare mode, it was a lot of fun! :applause:

Now I am doing the new quest line, but go stuck in the celestial arena after doing the first trial...
First, I am not able to trigger the second trial, even though I looted the first trial chest and spoke to the arena master (it still says I need to clear the first trial first)
Also, after getting the amulet I was able to exit back to the control center once, but after reloading the autosave I am no longer able to interract with the exit door... All my recent saves unconveniently are in the same state, which means I am now stuck in the arena room, and need to restart the quest from an old save before the end of the game :(
Is there something I am missing here?
Last edited by scamo73 on 04 Jun 2023, 05:03, edited 4 times in total.

Gray Magic Expert
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Gray Magic Expert » 04 Jun 2023, 09:26

Hello! I am sorry for lack of feedback about the gameplay.

IRL stuff caused a hiatus in playing mm6.
But right now it seems that I can get back at playing MAW!

Which features, besides Assassin class (I am definitely going to play that!), need testing the most?

Malekitsu
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Malekitsu » 04 Jun 2023, 14:20

Hello!
Everything is getting tested internally and should be good!
The feature that would need the most testing is New Game+, after you finish the game once (you keep the same party).
Basically progression will be resetted and you will be able to earn 2 more promotions and get grandmaster and over grandmaster and new items will reflect the weapon/enchant progression of normal game.
An overall feedback about balance, most favourite new features and least favourite ones would be great!
I recommend you Nightmare to have the most features out of the game!

Malekitsu
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Malekitsu » 12 Jun 2023, 02:24

scamo73 wrote: 02 Jun 2023, 15:04 Hi, thank you for your great work!

I just cleared the game in nightmare mode, it was a lot of fun! :applause:

Now I am doing the new quest line, but go stuck in the celestial arena after doing the first trial...
First, I am not able to trigger the second trial, even though I looted the first trial chest and spoke to the arena master (it still says I need to clear the first trial first)
Also, after getting the amulet I was able to exit back to the control center once, but after reloading the autosave I am no longer able to interract with the exit door... All my recent saves unconveniently are in the same state, which means I am now stuck in the arena room, and need to restart the quest from an old save before the end of the game :(
Is there something I am missing here?
Hey sorry for late reply! Sounds weird but I really didn't see the post! I'm really happy you enjoyed the mod!
I'm sorry about final event, it has been fixed recently! Also there have been many item changes, so if you want to download the latest version there are few extra steps to do.

I can fix the save, just upload somewhere or send me on discord at ".malekith" (you can find me also in the might and magic discord).

It's a shame as you are only few steps away to complete!

BTW we are super close to official stable release!

Return to “Might and Magic”