"MM7Rev4modR1 Redone Final" Second Patch

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

"MM7Rev4modR1 Redone Final" Second Patch

Unread postby DaveHer » 06 Oct 2022, 10:27

With this patch, you will need to start a new game (sorry). If you are installing "MM7Rev4modR1 Redone Final" for the first time, you will need "MM7Rev4modR1 Redone Final" and the second patch only (overwrite all). You do not need the first patch. If you have already install the mod and the first patch, it is O.K. to install patch two on top (overwrite all). This mod makes a few changes to the game. I add extra monsters to the game. There is a hub in Harmondale that will take you to the Barrow Downs and a hub at Barrow Downs that will bring you back to Harmondale. Knock on all the doors in Emerald Island and Harmondale for some surprises. One of which is a "Heal Pary" person. I added some additional sprites with a very high resolution and replaced some existing sprites with a higher resolution.

Installation Is easy.

Place the two folder into the MM7 installed folder where the MM7.exe is. Start a new game and build a new party.
Have fun.

Download Link: https://www.moddb.com/downloads/patch-t ... done-final

The link to patch three: https://www.moddb.com/downloads/patch-t ... done-final
Last edited by DaveHer on 09 Nov 2022, 09:27, edited 1 time in total.

Lotus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: "MM7Rev4modR1 Redone Final" Second Patch

Unread postby Lotus » 04 Nov 2022, 14:35

Very fun mod, glad someone cleaned up the old maestro version as some bugs broke quite a few things in the version I played years ago. If I remember correctly anyway.

One issue I've had in this one is that the most/all of the trees/rocks/etc (and most/all potion ingredients on the ground also) are extremely large in size, I'm guessing an issue with the high res upgrades to these. Also the "Heal Pary" person doesn't work when I click it, and the +10 elemental res person doesn't work for me either...but those aren't really a problem compared to the massive trees and rocks that often obscure things.

If there's any quick/easy way I can scale these back down to normal size, please let me know.

I'm using the latest version and also used the latest GrayFace patch on top of it, mainly so that I can play in windowed mode. I did uncheck the boxes it said for mods, the LOD one and others.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 04 Nov 2022, 19:47

Lotus wrote: 04 Nov 2022, 14:35 Very fun mod, glad someone cleaned up the old maestro version as some bugs broke quite a few things in the version I played years ago. If I remember correctly anyway.

One issue I've had in this one is that the most/all of the trees/rocks/etc (and most/all potion ingredients on the ground also) are extremely large in size, I'm guessing an issue with the high res upgrades to these. Also the "Heal Pary" person doesn't work when I click it, and the +10 elemental res person doesn't work for me either...but those aren't really a problem compared to the massive trees and rocks that often obscure things.

If there's any quick/easy way I can scale these back down to normal size, please let me know.

I'm using the latest version and also used the latest GrayFace patch on top of it, mainly so that I can play in windowed mode. I did uncheck the boxes it said for mods, the LOD one and others.
I made a big mistake when preparing the zip file. It has the wrong files in it. I must have been smoking my socks when I prepared it. :D I am going to have to prepare another one and upload it to Mod Job Site. It will be Patch number three. I apologize to everyone that has downloaded patch two.
Yes, you can downsize the sprites by editing the file in tables folder. (SFT.txt) use GrayFace Text editor. under scale reduce the number for flowers, trees, rocks etc. I am very sorry for this dumb mistake. :wall: You will find the sprites at line 467. At the very bottom you will find the sprites I added to the game.
David Hernandez

Lotus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Lotus » 04 Nov 2022, 21:09

After checking though everything, just realized I had applied the second patch to the wrong mm7 folder. It was a vanilla install of mm7 I had prepared for another mod that I was going to try later, so I didn't have the Rev4mod applied to that one. Rather surprisingly, it ran quite well though.

I've just now applied it to the right one and everything seems pretty normal now, though trees and plants do seem a bit larger than vanilla version...but honestly so far it looks *much* better and more realistic like this. Currently going through Emerald Island and testing everything out. The heal party and +10 resistance don't seem to be working in this one either though, unless there's something needed to unlock it first.

I'll play through the mod and test everything out over the next few weeks and leave some feedback. Excited to try out Merge sometime soon also (a bit of fun nostalgia during the holidays!), so this is kind of a warm-up since MM7 was always my favorite.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 04 Nov 2022, 23:01

Lotus wrote: 04 Nov 2022, 21:09 After checking though everything, just realized I had applied the second patch to the wrong mm7 folder. It was a vanilla install of mm7 I had prepared for another mod that I was going to try later, so I didn't have the Rev4mod applied to that one. Rather surprisingly, it ran quite well though.

I've just now applied it to the right one and everything seems pretty normal now, though trees and plants do seem a bit larger than vanilla version...but honestly so far it looks *much* better and more realistic like this. Currently going through Emerald Island and testing everything out. The heal party and +10 resistance don't seem to be working in this one either though, unless there's something needed to unlock it first.

I'll play through the mod and test everything out over the next few weeks and leave some feedback. Excited to try out Merge sometime soon also (a bit of fun nostalgia during the holidays!), so this is kind of a warm-up since MM7 was always my favorite.
There are some files missing. That is why the Heal party and the +10 resistances don't work. I have a question. Do they appear as a topic when you knock on their doors? Also, there are two files missing in the Scripts/Maps folder. They are the ones that activate two blinking posts. One should be in Harmondale where the teleporter well is (that's over the mountains). The other should be just outside stonecity. As you exit the city. I need to know if they are there. Oh and thanks for letting me know about the issues. I went and downloaded the patch two file and find that it is all wrong. :( :wall:
David Hernandez

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 10 Nov 2022, 10:54

On the main post, there is a link for the files missing.
David

Lotus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Lotus » 27 Jan 2023, 02:52

DaveHer wrote: 04 Nov 2022, 23:01 There are some files missing. That is why the Heal party and the +10 resistances don't work. I have a question. Do they appear as a topic when you knock on their doors? Also, there are two files missing in the Scripts/Maps folder. They are the ones that activate two blinking posts. One should be in Harmondale where the teleporter well is (that's over the mountains). The other should be just outside stonecity. As you exit the city. I need to know if they are there. Oh and thanks for letting me know about the issues. I went and downloaded the patch two file and find that it is all wrong. :( :wall:
David Hernandez
They appeared as a topic yes in that version, just nothing when I clicked it.

I reinstalled properly and most things work from what I can tell, not sure if the heal party does though. Currently I'm just after the Light Path choice and picking up the last of the second promotions and honorary promotions.

The EI well teleport to blue dragon wasn't the tavern one though, it's the one way up on the hill by the guilds and heroism pedestal. Took a while to figure that out, not sure if intentional or not.

I didn't get the Erathia/Avlee choice quest though (yet at least), but from what I read that may have been removed to free up space for custom quests/etc due to some things being essentially hardcoded/limited in the vanilla version. Or maybe it's because I changed the date in save state so the NPC for coding quest would show up sooner, and I just carried on from there.

One interesting bug was in the Arena (third tier difficulty for promotion) there were a few sea monsters that somehow kept multiplying until I presume they maxed out the enemy limit. Barely managed to clear those.

I did the Coding Fortress run early for a challenge, took quite a few tries. Got to the wizard but couldn't change because I didn't have second promotion yet. Now not sure how to get back in, but I do have the Coding Fortress key...just not sure where to use it. Tried Harmondale well, the EI method in Bracada, and the original entrance at Harmondale altar but none work. May not class change at all, not sure the effects on hp/mp or skills. I could always mimic much of the class change by editing skills in save state though, but I'm still curious on the specifics of class change. So any info/details there is much appreciated.

Some equipment has some spelling/grammar errors, but no big deal.

Splitter artifact says explosive impact, but it doesn't seem to work like carnage bows.

Somehow got 2 Avlee keys and 2 Home keys.

The skill boost barrels I had to be careful with, as they don't run a check and can downgrade some chars skill level/mastery. Editing save state is an easy user fix though.

Will finish up the game in the next few weeks or so probably, spent a lot of time just wandering around and testing various things out from different saves. If there's anything specific you'd like me to try and test, especially late-game things as some can often take much more time to test due to having to play through, post a list and I'll look into it (I'm not a great coder, but I do have at least some knowledge in this area to identify common bugs/issues). I figure it's a nice small repayment for all of your, and others', hard work in renewing our love and continuing the fun of this great series.

Still planning to play MM6/7/8 merge also.

Lotus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Lotus » 27 Jan 2023, 03:33

One other major thing on the game balance side is physical vs magic. AC goes up very high early on, especially with the relic/artifact armor drops on the smaller EI island and high-tier equips accessible elsewhere very early on. The only thing hitting me much are fully boosted Initiate/Master of the Sword as I got 300+ AC rather quickly. I've put off training to higher levels to help maintain the challenge, but I haven't been to the end-game maps yet(but very soon!).

Meanwhile mobs with things like Dragon Breath or Rock Blast hit very high, especially against low-hp classes. They also have the advantage of range/aoe, while physical generally does not.

I would keep the magic roughly as-is, but increase the to-hit and damage of physical ranged/melee mobs. Especially those with melee-only, bless/heroism should probably be standard as they can cast those while closing in on the player. Attacking the Mercenary Guild turned out more fun and challenging than I expected because of this, the summons, and the limitations of close quarters there.

Also since we have much greater damage, especially aoe, many mobs could use an HP/AC increase and more defensive buffs/spells. Could also increase the number of mobs in places where hitting the enemy limit isn't an issue, since it is very fun (and rewarding) to take on large numbers of enemies and also more chances that they can force players into close(r) quarters. And/Or even expand the summoning if it doesn't present too many problems with the game logic/limitations.

Most/all players are veterans of the series, so don't be afraid to err on the side of too difficult. Honestly a super-challenging version would be quite fun. I'd be happy to help with testing/balancing/etc.

And lastly, I haven't checked, but if there is a Discord (or similar) for active modders then I'd also be happy to contribute there.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 27 Jan 2023, 23:29

Lotus wrote: 27 Jan 2023, 03:33 One other major thing on the game balance side is physical vs magic. AC goes up very high early on, especially with the relic/artifact armor drops on the smaller EI island and high-tier equips accessible elsewhere very early on. The only thing hitting me much are fully boosted Initiate/Master of the Sword as I got 300+ AC rather quickly. I've put off training to higher levels to help maintain the challenge, but I haven't been to the end-game maps yet(but very soon!).

Meanwhile mobs with things like Dragon Breath or Rock Blast hit very high, especially against low-hp classes. They also have the advantage of range/aoe, while physical generally does not.

I would keep the magic roughly as-is, but increase the to-hit and damage of physical ranged/melee mobs. Especially those with melee-only, bless/heroism should probably be standard as they can cast those while closing in on the player. Attacking the Mercenary Guild turned out more fun and challenging than I expected because of this, the summons, and the limitations of close quarters there.

Also since we have much greater damage, especially aoe, many mobs could use an HP/AC increase and more defensive buffs/spells. Could also increase the number of mobs in places where hitting the enemy limit isn't an issue, since it is very fun (and rewarding) to take on large numbers of enemies and also more chances that they can force players into close(r) quarters. And/Or even expand the summoning if it doesn't present too many problems with the game logic/limitations.

Most/all players are veterans of the series, so don't be afraid to err on the side of too difficult. Honestly a super-challenging version would be quite fun. I'd be happy to help with testing/balancing/etc.

And lastly, I haven't checked, but if there is a Discord (or similar) for active modders then I'd also be happy to contribute there.
You need to play "MM7Rev4modR1 Redone Ultimate". It has more monsters to play with. In this version the little island EI, has two dragons waiting for you. There are some big spiders in Harmondale for example. There are more Monters in most of the maps. About the spell buffs, that is ether. Big Daddy Jim, Maestro, or the original creators. Monsters can be made stronger by raising the HP and AC points in the file "monsters.TXT" Which is in the Events.lod file. You can extract it using MMAchive. You can also edit the ITEMS.TXT file. which is also found in the events.lod to make weapons weaker. When you finish, place the file back into the events.lod with MMAchive.
David

Return to “Might and Magic”