The original MM7 has been redone

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

The original MM7 has been redone

Unread postby DaveHer » 23 Sep 2022, 01:26

This is the original MM7 and it has been redone. It has many changes. The well in Harmondale has about the same function as the one in MM7Rev4modR1 Redone. The hub can take you to Bracada, Barrow Downs, Deja, Tatalia, and Avlee. There is a shine up on a hill, next to the well, That will take you to Evenmorm Island. There are shrines that will take you to Erathia, Harmondale, or Emerald Island. Some keys are acquired by completing some quests. you wil have to go out ans look for the other keys. As inspired by Echo's Monstrosity, I placed additional monsters on all the maps. I replaced hundreds of textures, icons, and sprites with HD images. Hundreds of trees, plants, and flowers were added to the landscapes. Additional trees, plants, and flowers were added to the game. Placing HD images into the game is posible because of GrayFace patches. With out them, it cannot be done. Knock on all the doors in Emerald Island and Harmondale (read carefully). You will find some surprises there. One of them being the lady that "Heal Pary", as in The Chaos Conspiracy. When you go back to Emerald Island, you are going to find a big surprise there.

Add, any where, the following line to the ini file.

FixChests=1
; If set to 1, items that didn't fit into a chest would appear next time you open it.

Installation is easy.

1 Install a clean copy of MM7 (GOG). Not Included
2 Install MM7 Redone. Place all three folders in your MM7 installation folder (overwite everything). It is where the MM7.exe file is. Do not run game.
3 Install GrayFace patch MM7Patchv2.5.7 (Included). Run game and wait for the extension to do its thing. Create pary and play. Have fun. uncheck "Install LOD archives"

Download link: https://www.moddb.com/downloads/mm7-redone
Last edited by DaveHer on 25 Feb 2023, 10:44, edited 1 time in total.

Erisian
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: The original MM7 has been redone

Unread postby Erisian » 24 Sep 2022, 10:02

Oooh, nice! Thank you.
"It is good to have an end to journey towards, but it is the journey that matters in the end"
(Ursula K Le Guin)

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 28 Sep 2022, 15:12

Erisian wrote: 24 Sep 2022, 10:02 Oooh, nice! Thank you.
Your Welcome. :)
David

marcinl0
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby marcinl0 » 03 Oct 2022, 16:40

I am very impressed "The original MM7 has been redone".

Maybe "The original MM6 (Mandate of Heaven GOG version) has been
redone " -

is also possible - please ...

Coldy
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Coldy » 03 Oct 2022, 22:37

Oh excellent, time to reinstall mm7 and play it again with the mod.
Many thanks, Dave! :D

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 04 Oct 2022, 14:48

marcinl0 wrote: 03 Oct 2022, 16:40 I am very impressed "The original MM7 has been redone".

Maybe "The original MM6 (Mandate of Heaven GOG version) has been
redone " -

is also possible - please ...
Thank You. :)

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 04 Oct 2022, 14:51

Coldy wrote: 03 Oct 2022, 22:37 Oh excellent, time to reinstall mm7 and play it again with the mod.
Many thanks, Dave! :D
You are welcome.

staidvictory
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby staidvictory » 26 Oct 2022, 07:24

Very nice, It's worked well.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 27 Oct 2022, 14:35

staidvictory wrote: 26 Oct 2022, 07:24 Very nice, It's worked well.
Thank you.

Tomsod
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Tomsod » 27 Oct 2022, 15:54

That's a spambot though, see the signature. Apparently we have an infestation of them on the forum.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 27 Oct 2022, 17:04

Tomsod wrote: 27 Oct 2022, 15:54 That's a spambot though, see the signature. Apparently we have an infestation of them on the forum.
Yes, he's in "stopforumspam" database, banned now. Unfortunately that's not possible to manually check every time.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

ShaminoTR
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ShaminoTR » 22 Feb 2023, 13:03

Hi David, just starting this one and the first thing I did was to drink from the first fountain in Emerald Island, which made my Endurance get super high, to like 50, it seems permanently. Also, I found 30k gold within seconds. Are there many such changes? I was more looking for the original and just wanted to get a feeling how much is changed (other than graphics) in this version. Is it mostly true to the original or is it a lot different?

Thank for your help!
PS: One quest simply shows up as "O" in my journal. Any idea what this is?

rampage77t
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby rampage77t » 22 Feb 2023, 15:31

I wanted to try this option of the original game and everything was going well until I traveled to Avlee for the stable, when I got there an error popped up and the game crashed, I would like to know if it happened to someone else and how to fix it.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 22 Feb 2023, 19:53

rampage77t wrote: 22 Feb 2023, 15:31 I wanted to try this option of the original game and everything was going well until I traveled to Avlee for the stable, when I got there an error popped up and the game crashed, I would like to know if it happened to someone else and how to fix it.
Yes it did and it was because of the "Hot Fix". Did you install the "Hot Fix"? If you did. That is why you crashed. You are not supposed to install anything else. Only what is in the instructions.
Before uploading, I (for Testing) installed a clean copy of MM7 and the other files . Then GrayFace Patch. It worked fine.
David

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 22 Feb 2023, 20:13

ShaminoTR wrote: 22 Feb 2023, 13:03 Hi David, just starting this one and the first thing I did was to drink from the first fountain in Emerald Island, which made my Endurance get super high, to like 50, it seems permanently. Also, I found 30k gold within seconds. Are there many such changes? I was more looking for the original and just wanted to get a feeling how much is changed (other than graphics) in this version. Is it mostly true to the original or is it a lot different?

Thank for your help!
PS: One quest simply shows up as "O" in my journal. Any idea what this is?
Ignore the zero.
The story line is the same as the original. I added a few things to it (quests have been added). Read the main post at the top.
David

rampage77t
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby rampage77t » 23 Feb 2023, 03:58

DaveHer wrote: 22 Feb 2023, 19:53
rampage77t wrote: 22 Feb 2023, 15:31 I wanted to try this option of the original game and everything was going well until I traveled to Avlee for the stable, when I got there an error popped up and the game crashed, I would like to know if it happened to someone else and how to fix it.
Yes it did and it was because of the "Hot Fix". Did you install the "Hot Fix"? If you did. That is why you crashed. You are not supposed to install anything else. Only what is in the instructions.
Before uploading, I (for Testing) installed a clean copy of MM7 and the other files . Then GrayFace Patch. It worked fine.
David

I uninstalled it, I did the installation in the correct order but when traveling to avlee it says "Can't load file! in file: D:\mm7Src_eng\MM7\Code\Odmap.cpp at line number: 939"

Malekitsu
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Malekitsu » 25 Feb 2023, 00:23

Thanks for the mod!
Are there any mechanics/monster tuning/skill/class/spell changes?
Do you think it is compatible with elemental/augmentation mod?
I'm planning a MM7 new game soon ;)

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 25 Feb 2023, 09:06

Malekitsu wrote: 25 Feb 2023, 00:23 Thanks for the mod!
Are there any mechanics/monster tuning/skill/class/spell changes?
Do you think it is compatible with elemental/augmentation mod?
I'm planning a MM7 new game soon ;)
There is no changes for mechanics/monster tuning/skill/class/spells. I believe the the augmentation mod is done with a different engine. Therefore it would not be compatible with the augmentation. You are welcome.
David

ShaminoTR
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ShaminoTR » 25 Feb 2023, 09:37

Hi, I also have the "D:\mm7Src_eng\MM7\Code\Odmap.cpp at line number: 939" error when traveling. I , followed the exact install order, in XP compatibility mode, reinstalled everything etc.

I found the problem and fixed it: When you run MM7.Patch.v2.5.7.exe you have to uncheck "Install LOD archives with fixes for maps and game progression" ...maybe this is what David referred to when mentioning the "hot fix".

You need a new install (but not new save game) to fix this. You can't fix it over an existing install.

Anyway, this solved the problem and maybe others can benefit from it.

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 25 Feb 2023, 10:41

ShaminoTR wrote: 25 Feb 2023, 09:37 Hi, I also have the "D:\mm7Src_eng\MM7\Code\Odmap.cpp at line number: 939" error when traveling. I , followed the exact install order, in XP compatibility mode, reinstalled everything etc.

I found the problem and fixed it: When you run MM7.Patch.v2.5.7.exe you have to uncheck "Install LOD archives with fixes for maps and game progression" ...maybe this is what David referred to when mentioning the "hot fix".

You need a new install (but not new save game) to fix this. You can't fix it over an existing install.

Anyway, this solved the problem and maybe others can benefit from it.
Thanks for the report. I completely forgot about that. I need to warn people about that.

Return to “Might and Magic”