Might and magic 8 melee team

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Olofhk
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Might and magic 8 melee team

Unread postby Olofhk » 04 May 2022, 08:14

:right: Hello everyone , I decided to do a melee only run of might and magic 8 since I've done it in mm7 before.( Only kill monsters with melee but I do use spells, I try to complete 100%)
I am also using the merge mode since I wanted to try it out and it had the ability so creative a full party from start in mm8. Party consist of:
Troll, 2hand mace or mace +sword. Leather
Hoping for some stuns
Minotaur 2hand axe or axe +dagger. plate
Some body/spirit spells and perception
Did never try minotaur before and hope that 20% armor penetration will do something
Knight dual sword plate
Knight dual sword or perhaps sword+spear, plate
Dark elf dual dagger, chain
Elemental spells and and alot for abilities

I don't think minotaur or troll could dualwield in the original game witch is a change I actually like. Poor darkelf will take alot of beating and carry the party with different skills. Feels a bit boring that I left the vampire , could had brought better spells and I think dagger is good. Might try a melee run in mm6 after this

What would YOUR party look like? :left:

raekuul
Marksman
Marksman

Re: Might and magic 8 melee team

Unread postby raekuul » 04 May 2022, 14:49

I've done melee-focused in MM7 before (but not Melee-Exclusive classes), it was Light[Monk,Thief,Archer,Cleric]. Having access to Hour of Power really helps Melee teams in the late game, since your one non-melee character can just focus on Light Magic after a while (though I will say that in MM7 in particular not having GM Water magic sucks in the endgame).

Ser Ironfist
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Might and magic 8 melee team

Unread postby Ser Ironfist » 04 May 2022, 18:45

This is the playstyle I gravitate towards naturally, just always enjoyed melee more. 4 knights who focus on armsmaster and 1 cleric who focuses body and, more than anything, light. The game ends up feeling like you're going through vegetables with a power blender.

Return to “Might and Magic”