Very old Might and Magic 6 message boards

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
rotalihinna
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Very old Might and Magic 6 message boards

Unread postby rotalihinna » 26 Apr 2022, 23:33

Hi,

I remember a very old MM6 (and then 7) message board back from the year 2000 or such. I can't remember the exact name, but it was "Somebody's Something Cafe" or whatever ("somebody" being a name).

I can't remember it and Google doesn't either. I'm sorry I realize this is VERY, hilariously little information but given that those days there weren't that many forums, I feel like if anyone here was actively playing at that time, they would remember. Anyone have any idea?

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Re: Very old Might and Magic 6 message boards

Unread postby Angelspit » 27 Apr 2022, 11:56

Wow, that site is still up after all that time? Respect.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

rotalihinna
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby rotalihinna » 16 Sep 2022, 16:56

WOW. YES. That's what I was talking about! Thank you!

I'm kinda bummed they don't have the messages from the 90's, though

Erisian
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Erisian » 17 Sep 2022, 10:15

When I click on the tavern links, the page loads but is blank.
"It is good to have an end to journey towards, but it is the journey that matters in the end"
(Ursula K Le Guin)

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 17 Sep 2022, 14:45

Erisian wrote: 17 Sep 2022, 10:15 When I click on the tavern links, the page loads but is blank.
It does work for me.

But there's warning that page is insecure, perhaps you need to allow them in your browser. As their forums don't support https. Or to use some older browser, which doesn't have this kind of problem.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Erisian
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Erisian » 17 Sep 2022, 21:27

Pol wrote: 17 Sep 2022, 14:45
Erisian wrote: 17 Sep 2022, 10:15 When I click on the tavern links, the page loads but is blank.
It does work for me.

But there's warning that page is insecure, perhaps you need to allow them in your browser. As their forums don't support https. Or to use some older browser, which doesn't have this kind of problem.
Thanks. Firefox is systematically taking away our choices and I can't opt for HTTP because it keeps changing it back to HTTPS. I have tried changing the relevant setting in about:config but it makes no difference.
"It is good to have an end to journey towards, but it is the journey that matters in the end"
(Ursula K Le Guin)

Erisian
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Erisian » 17 Sep 2022, 22:05

Erisian wrote: 17 Sep 2022, 21:27
Pol wrote: 17 Sep 2022, 14:45
It does work for me.

Thanks. Firefox is systematically taking away our choices and I can't opt for HTTP because it keeps changing it back to HTTPS. I have tried changing the relevant setting in about:config but it makes no difference.
Finally found the right setting to change. Now I can go back there after so many years of being away.
(Ursula K Le Guin)

Return to “Might and Magic”