M&M 7 Merge Mod / Question (Crash)

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Nicolai-the-Son
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

M&M 7 Merge Mod / Question (Crash)

Unread postby Nicolai-the-Son » 31 Jan 2022, 20:48

Hello everybody :D !

Im new here and my english is not the best. Excuse for that.

I've played Might and Magic and Heroes long time ago (i love the series) and later on i've played it again. I have seen the merge-mod and my first thougths were: WOW...M&M6-8 in HD on Widescreen...must be a dream :-D . Very cool! So I installed it all and played now for a while M&M 7 (merge).

Yesterday I wanted to enter Titan Stronghold in Avlee (M&M 7). I turned my party invisible (because i'm a coward ;) ) and tryed to get inside. It was loading and after a short while a window showed up (something like: "There is a problem....search for answers in i-net...or close m&m"). So i closed it and tryed it again and a third time. The same thing again and again. I can't get into Titan Stronghold in this version of the game.

I've installed the newest Merge-Mod (January 2022). The voice-data I've installed too (it was all described on the page in your forum). The compatibility is set on Windows XP Service Pack 2. Administrator-Rights are activated. I have windows 7/64bit on my computer.

So the question is: Can anybody please help me with my problem and tell me, how i can play the Titan Stronghold Dungeon in M&M 7 Merge?

Would be very nice of you.

Last important thing: I'm a noob in technical things. Please wright it for a beginner to undertstand, if possible (like: "you have to drop your pc outside your window, jump after it...and if you survive, your problem is solved" :D ....ok...not that way...but you know what i mean....easy and slow...thank you ;) ) .

Greetings,

Nicolai

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Re: M&M 7 Merge Mod / Question (Crash)

Unread postby Rodril » 31 Jan 2022, 22:58

Hello. Download these files:
https://gitlab.com/letr.rod/mmmerge/-/r ... line=false
And put them into your "Scripts\General" folder, replacing existing. Tell me if it helps. Seems i've missed something important in last package, because crash reports coming often recently.

Nicolai-the-Son
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Nicolai-the-Son » 01 Feb 2022, 20:33

Hello :-) !

Thank you for the fast and good answer.

I've tryed it again to enter the Titan Stronghold (before i've read your comment). The fourth time now it worked and i came inside the dungeon. Very strange thing, or? This time i walked VISIBLE inside. I don't know, if this little difference could be the reason for not crashing/crashing (visible/invisible) the game. Maybe only the true and really brave Adventurers, which dare to show themselves, are worthy to enter this dungeon :-D .

But I will remember your files, if it does not work again. Much thanks for your very good work and help!

Greetings,

Nicolai

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby cthscr » 06 Feb 2022, 17:39

GrayFace's MM8Patch 2.5.6 have fixed some unavoidable bugs [leading to crash] introduced in previous versions.

Mira23
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Mira23 » 07 Mar 2023, 07:29

Rodril wrote: 31 Jan 2022, 22:58 Hello. Download these files:
https://gitlab.com/letr.rod/mmmerge/-/r ... line=false word wipe
And put them into your "Scripts\General" folder, replacing existing. Tell me if it helps. Seems i've missed something important in last package, because crash reports coming often recently.
I have some minor errors in this download

Return to “Might and Magic”