[New Mod] Custom Dungeon Mod for MM7 is out!

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Eksekk
Assassin
Assassin

Re: [New Mod] Custom Dungeon Mod for MM7 is out!

Unread postby Eksekk » 03 May 2022, 10:05

I just found out I didn't write in this thread yet, what is a sin in my book. So: OH MY GOD, THE MOD IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!!!!! I can't even put into words how happy I am right now. Having another dungeon was for me always the step that needed to be taken to have a great great great mod, and yet almost no one put effort into it (I tried, but it was pure dogshit so I abandoned it, didn't even have blender learned enough at this stage). If I can help in development in any way (I'm not that bad with lua scripting (could implement quests and maybe also write texts (but they would be of at most medium quality, best to have native speaker write them), here are a few of my custom ones, I'm sorry if you had to cringe at any point), also can use the editor save for adding dungeon models, so I could decorate/populate with monsters/treasure/add existing models to outdoor map (I at least can do this in blender)) please tell me, I'd love to do so! This is literally my dream right there. Thank you so much and thanks for being this persistent, I remember you showing out a bit of custom stuff and asking for help in MMEditor thread like 3 years ago or more, I'm so glad you didn't give up, congratulations!
Unfinished mod by me: MM7 Rev4 mod, MMMerge version.

neutonm
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby neutonm » 10 May 2022, 13:50

vladimir-maestro wrote: 10 Mar 2022, 17:57 very good job!
Strobe wrote: 12 Mar 2022, 22:09 Do you think it is possible to add Vori Island, as it is in the lore of MM7?
And also some quest, even include some quest in the main questline.

https://mightandmagic.fandom.com/wiki/Vori

It would be so freakin cool! Btw, amazing mod already!
Thanks guys! I agree with Tomsod. Without doubts, Vori can be added into mm7 and even mix it with main questline. Thing is one needs to design it and given the legendary status of such island it would hard to please everyone ; )

Damn... i recall long time ago how this Vori island myth was promoted within the circles of game fans. Believed it till I opened game map archive.
Echo wrote: 02 May 2022, 19:52 Great to see some new mod in the works, will be keeping an eye on it whenever I drop by. Good luck!
Thanks, will do!
I almost finished building custom city for newly baked Island, so stay tuned for big update.
Eksekk wrote: 03 May 2022, 10:05 I just found out I didn't write in this thread yet, what is a sin in my book. So: OH MY GOD, THE MOD IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!!!!! ...
I'm glad you did! Thank you for such motivating post :)
That's my dream also and I kind have experience in not-abandoning-things.

Always happy to hear new ideas, would be nice to hop into Discord and share some of them.
Ideally, I'd wish to see similar Mods to what i'm making. If there's desire to make such, i'll gladly share experience, guide and help to build it.

But for the general help, as I said in primary post, the best help this mod is through Patreon

Eksekk
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Eksekk » 15 May 2022, 10:57

neutonm wrote: 10 May 2022, 13:50
vladimir-maestro wrote: 10 Mar 2022, 17:57 very good job!
Strobe wrote: 12 Mar 2022, 22:09 Do you think it is possible to add Vori Island, as it is in the lore of MM7?
And also some quest, even include some quest in the main questline.

https://mightandmagic.fandom.com/wiki/Vori

It would be so freakin cool! Btw, amazing mod already!
Thanks guys! I agree with Tomsod. Without doubts, Vori can be added into mm7 and even mix it with main questline. Thing is one needs to design it and given the legendary status of such island it would hard to please everyone ; )

Damn... i recall long time ago how this Vori island myth was promoted within the circles of game fans. Believed it till I opened game map archive.
Echo wrote: 02 May 2022, 19:52 Great to see some new mod in the works, will be keeping an eye on it whenever I drop by. Good luck!
Thanks, will do!
I almost finished building custom city for newly baked Island, so stay tuned for big update.
Eksekk wrote: 03 May 2022, 10:05 I just found out I didn't write in this thread yet, what is a sin in my book. So: OH MY GOD, THE MOD IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!!!!! ...
I'm glad you did! Thank you for such motivating post :)
That's my dream also and I kind have experience in not-abandoning-things.

Always happy to hear new ideas, would be nice to hop into Discord and share some of them.
Ideally, I'd wish to see similar Mods to what i'm making. If there's desire to make such, i'll gladly share experience, guide and help to build it.

But for the general help, as I said in primary post, the best help this mod is through Patreon
I'm having cash shortage atm, but will really consider supporting on Patreon. You might have more audience on the "official" MM discord server. And if you don't want help outside of supporting you financially, that's fine, remember though I'm always ready to help. Also if you need some quest ideas, I've got you covered. Texts can obviously be made better, the main premise is idea. Don't worry, you can say my quests suck and you don't want to include them :D Or even just ignore them, I won't be annoyed at all. :)

EDIT: Just realized I already told you about my quests, sorry :)

neutonm
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby neutonm » 16 May 2022, 21:09

Eksekk wrote: 15 May 2022, 10:57 I'm having cash shortage atm, but will really consider supporting on Patreon. You might have more audience on the "official" MM discord server. And if you don't want help outside of supporting you financially, that's fine, remember though I'm always ready to help. Also if you need some quest ideas, I've got you covered. Texts can obviously be made better, the main premise is idea. Don't worry, you can say my quests suck and you don't want to include them :D Or even just ignore them, I won't be annoyed at all. :)

EDIT: Just realized I already told you about my quests, sorry :)
Thanks for consideration, no pressure - everything's voluntary :)
I'm there, in that discord server. Sometimes posting stuff about the mod (when having something big to share).

Currently, the outside help, besides sponsoring, would really matter from programmers (extend modding possibilities). i really could use the removal of 64 models per outdoor level limitation and fixing the outline rendering problem with minimap. The mod would also greatly benefit from extra graphical content - new main menu, probably new textures, monsters, etc, although these are optional additions. Other fields are covered.

I've checked your quests - no idea why you assume they suck, seem pretty OK to me. Right now, for the upcoming mod release quest are also covered, but there's still undecided future for the mod, so your quests might come handy.

Eksekk
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Eksekk » 18 May 2022, 08:16

Thanks for the reply!

I have a question for you. Would you allow me to use your dungeon in my conversion of Rev4 for the Merge, that is, if I can import it (I won't place this responsibility on you)? I would obviously do full credits required as you want them (if you want to be described as "amazing ninja pirate zombie robot" so be it :D ). Don't feel bad to say no though, this is your work and I promise I will hold no grudges over this.

neutonm
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby neutonm » 18 May 2022, 09:40

Eksekk wrote: 18 May 2022, 08:16 Thanks for the reply!

I have a question for you. Would you allow me to use your dungeon in my conversion of Rev4 for the Merge, that is, if I can import it (I won't place this responsibility on you)? I would obviously do full credits required as you want them (if you want to be described as "amazing ninja pirate zombie robot" so be it :D ). Don't feel bad to say no though, this is your work and I promise I will hold no grudges over this.
Sure, do whatever you want : )

Eksekk
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Eksekk » 18 May 2022, 09:58

neutonm wrote: 18 May 2022, 09:40
Eksekk wrote: 18 May 2022, 08:16 Thanks for the reply!

Sure, do whatever you want : )
Thank you!!!! :-D :-D

Eksekk
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Eksekk » 23 May 2022, 18:21

Sorry for double post, but could you update the discord link? It's dead, at least for me.

neutonm
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby neutonm » 26 May 2022, 19:00

Eksekk wrote: 23 May 2022, 18:21 Sorry for double post, but could you update the discord link? It's dead, at least for me.
Updated main post, but here's the link

It's not the first time it expires and I have to generate it over and over again. I always set "expiration date" to "never" but it still expires. Oh well...

neutonm
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby neutonm » 08 Jun 2022, 21:32

Modelling of Amber Town is Finished

Hey all!

I'm very glad I managed to complete this task before my birthday (turning 30 today). The island is not finished yet, but the biggest chunk is.

To be frank, modelling town was rather ambitious decision. Low poly modelling tricked my mind into thinking this would be fast development, but it took nearly a month to model it. Probably more than that...

Anyway, it has all important buildings: town hall, temple, bank, various stores and magical guilds and, of course, lots of NPC houses including some "under-construction buildings" as well as some miscellaneous additions such as wells, boxes and glorious Horse Statue.

It's not perfect, but I'm really proud of the result. Gained a lot of experience in modelling. Now I can visualize "modelling" in my head before jumping to model newly baked idea in Blender.

Next stop is texturing. Gotta turn these bland houses into something wonderful.

If you like what i'm doing, consider supporting the project through the patreon

Kinox
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Kinox » 10 Jun 2022, 19:13

neutonm wrote: 08 Jun 2022, 21:32 Modelling of Amber Town is Finished

Hey all!

I'm very glad I managed to complete this task before my birthday (turning 30 today). The island is not finished yet, but the biggest chunk is.

To be frank, modelling town was rather ambitious decision. Low poly modelling tricked my mind into thinking this would be fast development, but it took nearly a month to model it. Probably more than that...

Anyway, it has all important buildings: town hall, temple, bank, various stores and magical guilds and, of course, lots of NPC houses including some "under-construction buildings" as well as some miscellaneous additions such as wells, boxes and glorious Horse Statue.

It's not perfect, but I'm really proud of the result. Gained a lot of experience in modelling. Now I can visualize "modelling" in my head before jumping to model newly baked idea in Blender.

Next stop is texturing. Gotta turn these bland houses into something wonderful.

If you like what i'm doing, consider supporting the project through the patreon
¡Wow! Prodigious; this is something many, many M&M players would probably like to do —if it wasn't totally challenging without a special map editor.
I hope you've got a good strategy for the UV Unwrapping & Texturing.

I like that you've likely tried to make the town like a mix between, the surrealistic and minuscule buildings' approach (from originals MM678) and, the realistic scale approach; both in relating the same blobber player. Curious about how that gameplays out. Maybe it is bending a little more towards realism; but some buildings, such as many houses and small structures, still gives the the feeling of MM678 towns.
Last edited by Kinox on 10 Jun 2022, 21:35, edited 1 time in total.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 10 Jun 2022, 19:27

Nothing easy! Congratulations man and happy birthday. It reminded me my younger times, when we were doing models in 3DS Max. Which in my case is over twenty years. ;)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 10 Jun 2022, 21:21

It looks absolutely lovely! Happy upcoming birthday :) I'm sure whatever skills you acquire while working on this project will serve you well in the next decade of your life, whether you use them for fun or work. Best of luck!

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 11 Jun 2022, 17:56

neutonm wrote: 08 Jun 2022, 21:32 Modelling of Amber Town is Finished
wow! nice progress!
but i want to warn you about engine restrictions: engine could work only with 4.000 polys at the map without glitches and bugs. it needed to be upgraded to expand that limits but it's possible. actually we are working on engine to make it more modern and handle much more data and tweaks.

anyway - excellent work! gorgeous buildings! :applause:
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

neutonm
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby neutonm » 12 Jun 2022, 21:40

Kinox wrote: 10 Jun 2022, 19:13 ¡Wow! Prodigious; this is something many, many M&M players would probably like to do —if it wasn't totally challenging without a special map editor.
I hope you've got a good strategy for the UV Unwrapping & Texturing.

I like that you've likely tried to make the town like a mix between, the surrealistic and minuscule buildings' approach (from originals MM678) and, the realistic scale approach; both in relating the same blobber player. Curious about how that gameplays out. Maybe it is bending a little more towards realism; but some buildings, such as many houses and small structures, still gives the the feeling of MM678 towns.
Thanks! Since original limits are reduced thanks to grayface patches, i could afford adding more details to models, like, why not? Although to be frank, more vivid details that are depicted on screenshot belong to wealthy parts of the town, but, yes... maintaining original style was one of the main objectives.
Echo wrote: 10 Jun 2022, 21:21 It looks absolutely lovely! Happy upcoming birthday :) I'm sure whatever skills you acquire while working on this project will serve you well in the next decade of your life, whether you use them for fun or work. Best of luck!
Pol wrote: 10 Jun 2022, 19:27 Nothing easy! Congratulations man and happy birthday. It reminded me my younger times, when we were doing models in 3DS Max. Which in my case is over twenty years. ;)
Thank you guys! :)
vladimir-maestro wrote: 11 Jun 2022, 17:56 wow! nice progress!
but i want to warn you about engine restrictions: engine could work only with 4.000 polys at the map without glitches and bugs. it needed to be upgraded to expand that limits but it's possible. actually we are working on engine to make it more modern and handle much more data and tweaks.

anyway - excellent work! gorgeous buildings! :applause:
Thank you! Grayface removed these limits. Right now there are >9k polygons (excluding "ground" model). Everything runs fine and renders perfectly. This also applies to original dungeon I made in past, having more than 8k polygons. But as i said in past posts, with indoor maps, currently minimap renders level in a very glitchy manner.

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby cthscr » 15 Jun 2022, 05:49

You still should have limits on loaded bitmaps, sprites and icons. 1000/2000/1000 from MM8 experience IIRC.

neutonm
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby neutonm » 24 Jul 2022, 11:04

Hey everybody!

My life situation got stabilized and returned back to normal. It became even better! Without putting here too much of text, i'll say how does it affect modding: For now, i'll do some work on MM mod during weekdays and dedicate as much time as possible on weekends.

As i said before, next phase is texturing. Here are some results 🙂

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 27 Jul 2022, 07:54

keep up the good way!
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

neutonm
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby neutonm » 30 Jul 2022, 11:25

vladimir-maestro wrote: 27 Jul 2022, 07:54 keep up the good way!
Will do! :)

More screenshots arrived:

neutonm
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby neutonm » 31 Jul 2022, 15:06

Few more, little big bigger, textured houses:

Return to “Might and Magic”