[New Mod] Custom Dungeon Mod for MM7 is out!

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Geminijuicy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: [New Mod] Custom Dungeon Mod for MM7 is out!

Unread postby Geminijuicy » 04 Aug 2022, 07:49

Eksekk wrote: 15 May 2022, 10:57
neutonm wrote: 10 May 2022, 13:50
vladimir-maestro wrote: 10 Mar 2022, 17:57 very good job!
Strobe wrote: 12 Mar 2022, 22:09 Do you think it is possible to add Vori Island, as it is in the lore of MM7?
And also some quest, even include some quest in the main questline.

https://mightandmagic.fandom.com/wiki/Vori

It would be so freakin cool! Btw, amazing mod already!
Thanks guys! I agree with Tomsod. Without doubts, Vori can be added into mm7 and even mix it with main questline. Thing is one needs to design it and given the legendary status of such island it would hard to please everyone ; )

Damn... i recall long time ago how this Vori island myth was promoted within the circles of game fans. Believed it till I opened game map archive.
Echo wrote: 02 May 2022, 19:52 Great to see some new mod in the works, will be keeping an eye on it whenever I drop by. Good luck!
Thanks, will do!
I almost finished building custom city for newly baked Island, so stay tuned for big update.
Eksekk wrote: 03 May 2022, 10:05 I just found out I didn't write in this thread yet, what is a sin in my book. So: OH MY GOD, THE MOD IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!!!!! ...
I'm glad you did! Thank you for such motivating post :)
That's my dream also and I kind have experience in not-abandoning-things.

Always happy to hear new ideas, would be nice to hop into Discord and share some of them.
Ideally, I'd wish to see similar Mods to what i'm making. If there's desire to make such, i'll gladly share experience, guide and help to build it.

But for the general help, as I said in primary post, the best help this mod is through Patreon
I'm having cash shortage atm, but will really consider supporting on Patreon. You might have more audience on the "official" tommyinnit discord server. And if you don't want help outside of supporting you financially, that's fine, remember though I'm always ready to help. Also if you need some quest ideas, I've got you covered. Texts can obviously be made better, the main premise is idea. Don't worry, you can say my quests suck and you don't want to include them :D Or even just ignore them, I won't be annoyed at all. :)

EDIT: Just realized I already told you about my quests, sorry :)
The Discord link has expired again :( Can you please update it? Would highly appreciate it.

neutonm
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby neutonm » 08 Aug 2022, 13:31

I just checked - discord link works (got extra people since last post). Make sure you access it through either from first post or from a website.

neutonm
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby neutonm » 08 Aug 2022, 13:35

Moar stuff - magic guilds and statue.

neutonm
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby neutonm » 21 Aug 2022, 20:43

Alrighty then... texturing phase is finished. Next stop - work-on-details phase. It shouldn't take long, so expect walkthorugh video soon.

neutonm
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby neutonm » 25 Aug 2022, 21:12

It's been long since the last video, but here it is... finally!

DariusArgent
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby DariusArgent » 28 Aug 2022, 12:57

Amazing work!

unknownone
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby unknownone » 01 Sep 2022, 23:24

very nice! congratulations!
I've played and enjoyed many RPGs:
MM6,MM7,MM8,MM9, Fallout 1&2, Planescape Torment, Torment: ToN, TES3, TES4

neutonm
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby neutonm » 07 Sep 2022, 20:16

Thanks DariusArgent and uknownone :)

---------

Alright...

Working on Swamp area. This one will contain 4 places of interest: Knight Camp, Witch's House, Shrine and Archmage's Tower. The last one is dungeon: since the archmage migrated to the Castle, his old residence remained "free" to visit place for passing adventurers. Obviously, this dungeon will be part of main quest.

I also recorded video that demonstrates the making of this swamp. Some of you asked for this on Discord! Not quite a live stream but i think it will pass for now : )

neutonm
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby neutonm » 11 Sep 2022, 08:33

Swamp is finished as well as Knight Camp.
And... of course, here's a new dev stream video:

neutonm
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby neutonm » 13 Sep 2022, 16:15

Ok, here it is: Dev Stream 3 - Ruined Tower:

Warning: given the nature of object's shape that is demonstrated in the video, the process might make some watchers dizzy as there are a lot of rotation going on. Video for true astronauts 🙂

Screens:

Stream:

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 16 Sep 2022, 16:00

i've noticed that you edit your outdoor maps inside editor by hands.
do you know that you can do it in a 3D editor - just use only vertical moves

then you can just import such map as usual OBJ
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

neutonm
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby neutonm » 16 Sep 2022, 22:18

Yep, i do that ocasinally (i think the stream video has the moment). It's just sometimes it's faster to do it via in-game editor, especially when you don't have exact end-result image in your head ; )

Thanks though, 3d tips are most certainly welcome!

neutonm
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby neutonm » 25 Sep 2022, 17:30

Here it is - brand new dev stream 04. This one got little bit shorter and includes a fuckup moment, a fine privilege offered by unedited streams.

Erisian
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Erisian » 25 Sep 2022, 20:49

MM7 was never my favourite in the series but I really like the look of this one.
"It is good to have an end to journey towards, but it is the journey that matters in the end"
(Ursula K Le Guin)

neutonm
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby neutonm » 01 Oct 2022, 18:40

Hey all! Another stream came out: Archmage's Residence!

This stream is dedicated to modelling of archmage's dungeon house which players will have opportunity to visit as a part of main quest line.

It usually takes more time to model - lot's of undo's, remaking from scratch for 24th time, 15 minute staring at the wall and thinking what would i do next, etc. But since this is stream, I decided to skip these steps, otherwise the video would be twice as long. Technical mistakes are done, but I guess only modellers would notice 'em 🙂

Have a nice weekend y'all!

---------------------------------------------------
Erisian wrote: 25 Sep 2022, 20:49 MM7 was never my favourite in the series but I really like the look of this one.
Heard that a lot, always wondered - why so?
Echo wrote: 30 Sep 2022, 18:22 Cozy looking huts! :)
Yep! :)

Echo
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Echo » 01 Oct 2022, 19:32

neutonm wrote: 01 Oct 2022, 18:40 Heard that a lot, always wondered - why so?
I'm not the person you quote, but I also liked MM7 the least of the 3, even though it was the first one I played.

Why?
1. MM6 was larger in scope, the dungeons felt dungeoney and were more memorable through it, it was also more difficult due to monster density
2. MM8 art style and especially paperdolls are SO much nicer and the colors of locations more saturated which made locations more fun to , I really dislike MM7 paperdolls :D

MM6 with MM8 art style, ingredient variety, and promotions = best stuff. So, merge! :-D

Konfuzius
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Konfuzius » 04 Oct 2022, 19:31

It really makes me happy to see that this old game is still getting some love :D
It's been more than 2 decades and the community is still at works.

I'm seriously considering backing the project!

neutonm
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby neutonm » 05 Oct 2022, 18:22

@Echo

Love these games for same reasons, but also share the love for mm7 for its graphics, locations, story and especially homm3 assets.
Konfuzius wrote: 04 Oct 2022, 19:31 It really makes me happy to see that this old game is still getting some love :D
It's been more than 2 decades and the community is still at works.

I'm seriously considering backing the project!
These are great games. They aged like a fine wine and still remain fun to play after all these years.
The fact that people still talk about it after 20 years makes mm games truly successful.

If you really wish to back the project, you can find all the info on project's website: mightandmagicmod.com/
To cut story short, best support is done through patreon: https://www.patreon.com/HenrikChukhran

Also, taking part in conversations, poll voting and playtesting are strongly encouraged as a part of supporting the project ;)

DaveHer
Threeheaded Knight
Threeheaded Knight

Unread postby DaveHer » 06 Oct 2022, 10:38

I have been watching your videos and may I say that the building look very nice. :) You might want to replace the trees, Flowers, rocks etc. with HD images. If you like, you can have the images from MM7Rev4modR1 Redone Patch Two. It has the best HD images. You do not have to worry about palettes because I did not create new palettes. I used palettes from the MM7 game. I use coreldraw to extract the palettes from MM7 images and then applied them to my new images. All you have to do is (using MMAchive) open my sprites.lod and your sprites.lod and drag and drop from mine to yours. After the drag and drop, check the palette name at the bottom left-hand corner of the MMAchive. If it changes (it should not change), you will need to edit the SFT.txt file. At the bottom of the SFT.txt file is a list of all the new sprites I added to the game. If you use those, you will need to add the line to your SFT.txt file and also from the DecList.txt to your DecList.txt file.
David

Return to “Might and Magic”